Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:41:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Custom Made Wooden Mining Rig - 5870 - 1784MH/s - UK Only - £1000  (Read 5537 times)
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 11:59:08 PM

hi again,

I'll worry about my 'lecy being cut off later I guess so am happy to accept your offer of GBP equivalent to €1,100 including shipping to Spain, if you'd like a free holiday then feel free to bring it over yourself - though we've also got the EU Siberian winds cold snap atm, can you just remove your private data & leave all the rest pointed at an easy to start with miner or set one up for me, I don't mind if you know my passwords ID etc for that, let me know how best we can escrow this - if you can trust me I'm happy to Internet bank the £s on delivery or BTC as you like, my eBay ID is over 10 years of 100% very positive feedback with well more than 1,000 transactions if that helps

looking forward to giving your fab miner a new home in the sun, feel free to visit it any time you like  Smiley

Let me know if you are still interested in the support.

I can do it and get you up and running at 447 mhash/s easy-peasy in 30 minutes I think with latest software and completely stable ( depends on CYPER's cards and their quality but I think that won't be a problem ). I understand CYPER and if I were him I too would format the HDD and remove all personal info with Guttenberg erasing technique Wink.

You just need to be able to install the Linux initially then I can take over and do all of the software after I get SSH access if you want.

Thanks !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CYPER (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:20:27 AM

hi again,

I'll worry about my 'lecy being cut off later I guess so am happy to accept your offer of GBP equivalent to €1,100 including shipping to Spain, if you'd like a free holiday then feel free to bring it over yourself - though we've also got the EU Siberian winds cold snap atm, can you just remove your private data & leave all the rest pointed at an easy to start with miner or set one up for me, I don't mind if you know my passwords ID etc for that, let me know how best we can escrow this - if you can trust me I'm happy to Internet bank the £s on delivery or BTC as you like, my eBay ID is over 10 years of 100% very positive feedback with well more than 1,000 transactions if that helps

looking forward to giving your fab miner a new home in the sun, feel free to visit it any time you like  Smiley

First thank you for your acceptance of my offer Smiley Also I have to be fair and wait for the guy from Australia to respond, because he wrote to me first. Your offers are very similar and I'll need to decide which one to accept Smiley

But in general:

About the hard drive - I would really like to securely delete it to make sure all personal information is gone. Nothing personal, just principles when handling sensitive data Smiley

About the payment - what escrow service do you have in mind? Can you pay with bitcoins in order to avoid all the additional fees related to transferring the money?
Also I would like to receive the payment before sending the rig and for that I'm ready to provide any reasonable information/documents related to me as to establish my credibility and serious intentions about this sale such as:
7 years old Ebay account
pictures of the rig and me together + a written note of your forum name
household bills with my names as proof of address
anything else you would require to make sure I'm not scamming you  Wink

About the rig - I think the best way to ship it is to disassemble it and put all the hardware in its boxes as I kept these + probably take the wooden rig apart in order to secure its transit and save space. The whole rig + hardware + boxes = 15kg and would fit in a box with 30x45x55cm dimensions.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 10:19:27 AM

bulanula - many thanks for your offer, if CYPER can't set it all up for me which I'm hoping that he can as normal customer service then I may well take you up on your offer, I installed Linux on my Mac so expect I should be able to do that if his comp has Windows or somthing for me to access the Internets with

CYPER - yep I understand you'll need to wait to see how the Auzies respond, re payment I can send £ by Internet banking to any UK bank account which is free but would have more security if we used BTC & it would be good to make the sale in BTC in any case. I saw here that one of the very old established forum members with very high post count & hopefully lots of OTC rep had offered to act as escrow anytime in these situations for free I think to facilitate BTC business, re my positive feedback on eBay I will PM you 2 of my accounts to see & also note that I have lent out 100 BTC to Deathandtaxes on 1/2 plus 250 BTC to Imsaguy on the 5/2 so expect that either one of those would be prepared to act as an escrow if I asked, perhaps also pirate@40 would too if he wasn't too busy plundering or whatever

I'm fine with it being disassembled for extra secure packing, if you can give very precise idiot proof instructions of how to put it back together again, like little coloured stickers on each part & where it plugs in to etc

np about deleting the HD but please to load it all up again with what's necessary to mine & point it to an account for me would be much appreciated

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
CYPER (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 08:27:50 PM

bulanula - many thanks for your offer, if CYPER can't set it all up for me which I'm hoping that he can as normal customer service then I may well take you up on your offer, I installed Linux on my Mac so expect I should be able to do that if his comp has Windows or somthing for me to access the Internets with

CYPER - yep I understand you'll need to wait to see how the Auzies respond, re payment I can send £ by Internet banking to any UK bank account which is free but would have more security if we used BTC & it would be good to make the sale in BTC in any case. I saw here that one of the very old established forum members with very high post count & hopefully lots of OTC rep had offered to act as escrow anytime in these situations for free I think to facilitate BTC business, re my positive feedback on eBay I will PM you 2 of my accounts to see & also note that I have lent out 100 BTC to Deathandtaxes on 1/2 plus 250 BTC to Imsaguy on the 5/2 so expect that either one of those would be prepared to act as an escrow if I asked, perhaps also pirate@40 would too if he wasn't too busy plundering or whatever

I'm fine with it being disassembled for extra secure packing, if you can give very precise idiot proof instructions of how to put it back together again, like little coloured stickers on each part & where it plugs in to etc

np about deleting the HD but please to load it all up again with what's necessary to mine & point it to an account for me would be much appreciated

Before anything else I must say that I'll be away between 16th and 25th of February for my ski holiday, so I would suggest I send the rig after I come back, because if I send it now I won't be available if you need any help. Like I said I'm in no hurry to sell it, so it is up to you - if you want it now that is ok.

About the bank payment - do you have a UK based bank account, because sending Euros to my UK account is not free, at least not on my side - the bank will probably charge me some fee (and I have bank accounts in 7 different banks  Grin)

The idea of using a trusted forum member sounds good, but how does it work? You send him all the BTC, I send you the rig and after you receive it, he sends me the BTC?

About the rig - I will make an HD video of the rig before taking it apart and comment in it how everything fits together. I think that is the best way and you won't have a problem putting it back together.

I've spent some time deleting personal information on the HDD, so might leave it as it is. Will confirm that later on before finalising the sale.

I've contacted you on Skype Smiley
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 09:34:01 PM

Before anything else I must say that I'll be away between 16th and 25th of February for my ski holiday, so I would suggest I send the rig after I come back, because if I send it now I won't be available if you need any help. Like I said I'm in no hurry to sell it, so it is up to you - if you want it now that is ok.

that's good for me as I'm also in no rush

About the bank payment - do you have a UK based bank account, because sending Euros to my UK account is not free, at least not on my side - the bank will probably charge me some fee (and I have bank accounts in 7 different banks  Grin)

yep, I have a few UK based main street bank accounts in GBP np, also if you liked Wells Fargo for US $ in the States, Dwolla too - I have € acnts but wouldn't use those to pay non € peeps, my preference is BTC then $ then £ - btw you trump me in UK bank acnts atm (care to sell me any of those, jk  Wink) - also I have more than enough at Intersango except that their withdrawl of £s to UK bank accounts is broken yet again atm

The idea of using a trusted forum member sounds good, but how does it work? You send him all the BTC, I send you the rig and after you receive it, he sends me the BTC?

yep, that seems the best way to go as we'll then both be trusting someone who has high rep here & can follow their advise on how best to do this, I hope that you checked out my glowing feedback on EBay - was just added $2,500 worth today I see

About the rig - I will make an HD video of the rig before taking it apart and comment in it how everything fits together. I think that is the best way and you won't have a problem putting it back together.

cool

I've spent some time deleting personal information on the HDD, so might leave it as it is. Will confirm that later on before finalising the sale.

better still  Smiley

I've contacted you on Skype Smiley

will check it out - was afk - thanks

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 02:53:01 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2012, 05:09:08 PM by Otoh

I have sent Cyper a PM that I have looked in to the profitability for my regions power costs & it is just prohibitive to mine here atm, I don't mind running it for a small loss but this would be much more than I could justify so very regrettably I have had to cancel my planned purchase, I have expressed my sincere apologies to Cyper for not having researched this properly before saying I would like to go ahead & he has every right to be annoyed at me for the extra work I've given him - I've offered him a small gift as a show of good will & hope that as he was in no rush that he can find someone better informed than I was to complete the sale  Embarrassed

Edit: seems like the calculator that I used had incorrect power costs for my region, now re-checking the feasibility against an actual electricity bill - Cyper is being fantastic re this & I really hope that I can still go ahead with it once I've re-worked the calcs for everything

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 05:51:39 PM

I have sent Cyper a PM that I have looked in to the profitability for my regions power costs & it is just prohibitive to mine here atm, I don't mind running it for a small loss but this would be much more than I could justify so very regrettably I have had to cancel my planned purchase, I have expressed my sincere apologies to Cyper for not having researched this properly before saying I would like to go ahead & he has every right to be annoyed at me for the extra work I've given him - I've offered him a small gift as a show of good will & hope that as he was in no rush that he can find someone better informed than I was to complete the sale  Embarrassed

Edit: seems like the calculator that I used had incorrect power costs for my region, now re-checking the feasibility against an actual electricity bill - Cyper is being fantastic re this & I really hope that I can still go ahead with it once I've re-worked the calcs for everything

Can't you just look at your bills from the power company or contact them instead of expecting some website to know what is your cost of electricity.
Also, make sure you get the total cost of electricity, charges for delivering it and all taxes. Where I live electricity itself isn't expensive - but it gets once I add in all the extra costs.

Signature space available for rent.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 06:21:35 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2012, 11:03:30 PM by Otoh

Can't you just look at your bills from the power company or contact them instead of expecting some website to know what is your cost of electricity.
Also, make sure you get the total cost of electricity, charges for delivering it and all taxes. Where I live electricity itself isn't expensive - but it gets once I add in all the extra costs.

Yep, that's what I'm now doing & should have done in the first place, there's a really weird tax on the consumption which is the cost of the amount used plus a fixed charge of about $10 (for my kW band of supply) summed then multiplied by 1.05113 & also then by 4.864% & I have no idea why it's so complicated but am guessing that the formula for calculating it stays constant (it may be some kind of ecological/sustainable energy subsidies -  so called tax, no idea?) & also that if I use a lot more electricity than at present they would still bill me at the same rate per kWh - am looking for an old power bill where I used about 3 times my normal to check

CYPER (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 08:23:58 PM

My rig is again available for purchase Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: