Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You know what's racist?  (Read 2430 times)
EndTheBanks (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 01:46:42 AM

Sitting back and letting your troops kill brown people in foreign countries where your country has no business in.

You know what's not racist?

Voting for Ron Paul and ending these violent wars.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 03:10:20 AM

Sitting back and letting your troops kill brown people in foreign countries where your country has no business in.

Yeah, I should probably go out and get a swastika tattoo for being a racist American pig. Idiot...

Ending what wars, exactly?

violent wars

violent wars

violent wars

Eloquent...
EndTheBanks (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 03:47:37 AM

Every military base we have stationed around the world is a ticking time bomb and a potential war.

Also, this:

http://usiraq.procon.org/files/1-us-iraq-images/iraqi-civilian-casualties-january-2006-to-february-2008.jpg
altuin

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 05:47:02 AM

Ron Paul voted against civil rights
EndTheBanks (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 08:21:15 PM

No, he voted for civil rights at a state level.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:26:56 PM

Atlas, since I have proof it's you, can you explain why you are evading Theymos' ban just to comment on your abandoned threads?

barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:19:38 PM

First, there is a difference between 'civil rights' and The Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Second, Ron Paul was not in Congress in 1964 to vote on said act. He has said he approved of eliminating racial discrimination from government actions but opposes federal laws against private businesses discriminating on race.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 03:12:45 PM

It's cute that you think Ron Paul will really get this done and doesn't have inherently racist policies with plenty of fallout as well.
Distribution

Activity: 711

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 01:42:07 AM

A reader, Zim, sent me this:  "Ron Paul actually openly supported Israel's bombing of the Osirak reactor in Iraq in 1981, when he was in congress, and refused to vote to condemn it.  i don't think even ronald reagan openly supported it
And I just don't see any purpose in not treating Israel in an adult fashion. I think they'd be a lot better off.
I think they, one time in the '80s, took care of a nuclear reactor in Iraq. I stood up and defended Israel for this. Nobody else did at that time.
But we need to recognize they deserve their sovereignty, just as we deserve our sovereignty

http://angryarab.blogspot.com/2011/12/ron-paul_28.html

This is now a regular feature: Ron Paul grovels to Israel
"But he said that he viewed Israel as “one of our most important friends in the world” and that he supports Israel right to attack Iran in self-defense.  “I do not believe we should be Israel’s master but, rather, her friend. We should not be dictating her policies and announcing her negotiating positions before talks with her neighbors have even begun.”"

http://angryarab.blogspot.com/2011/12/this-is-now-regular-feature-ron-paul.html

Are there countries whose sovereignty he hasn't stood up for? If the attack would've been on Israel, is there any evidence to suggest he wouldn't have supported Iraq's sovereignty?
Sovereign

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 04:46:38 PM

A reader, Zim, sent me this:  "Ron Paul actually openly supported Israel's bombing of the Osirak reactor in Iraq in 1981, when he was in congress, and refused to vote to condemn it.  i don't think even ronald reagan openly supported it
And I just don't see any purpose in not treating Israel in an adult fashion. I think they'd be a lot better off.
I think they, one time in the '80s, took care of a nuclear reactor in Iraq. I stood up and defended Israel for this. Nobody else did at that time.
But we need to recognize they deserve their sovereignty, just as we deserve our sovereignty

http://angryarab.blogspot.com/2011/12/ron-paul_28.html

This is now a regular feature: Ron Paul grovels to Israel
"But he said that he viewed Israel as “one of our most important friends in the world” and that he supports Israel right to attack Iran in self-defense.  “I do not believe we should be Israel’s master but, rather, her friend. We should not be dictating her policies and announcing her negotiating positions before talks with her neighbors have even begun.”"

http://angryarab.blogspot.com/2011/12/this-is-now-regular-feature-ron-paul.html

This is misleading. He voted against condemning the Israeli attack just as he voted against condemning Hamas rocket fire. It's a matter of principle, and that principle is non-interventionism. To paint him as pro-Israel because of that is disengenuous. When asked about Israel, he says the US should treat it like any other country, and stop the foreign and military aid to them. You have to understand that this is US politics, and the Israel lobby is the one that most strongly affects US foreign policy.  This means that all the other GOP candidates, when they went to the Republican Jewish Forum (FROM WHICH PAUL WAS EXCLUDED BY THE WAY), they all were trying to pander hard and one up eachother on who loves Israel the most. You can't realistically expect Ron Paul to make anti-Israel rhetoric and still win office. This will not happen. Especially not with the Israeli grip on US politics, with the Christian Zionist movement, and with the large evangelical base in American voters. This is not even a GOP thing, Democrats are just as zionist as the GOP.

12uB1LSPrAqeEefLJTDfd6rKsu3KjiFBpa
barbarousrelic

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 08:16:30 PM

his foreign policy is good, but he would still support and defend israel no matter what.

Uh, no. The bolded part is the opposite of describing Ron Paul.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
Distribution

Activity: 711

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 08:31:43 PM

his foreign policy is good, but he would still support and defend israel no matter what.

Uh, no. The bolded part is the opposite of describing Ron Paul.

True. Look at what he's said in the past. Look at the fact that he's not seen as unconditionally "pro-Israel" by anyone outside of angryarab.blogspot.com. He's a friend of Israel in that he believes they deserve their sovereignty (just as any country does), but he doesn't believe that their ruling class is entitled to any of our money (just as any other country isn't). To say one way or the other that his actions or words give any preferential treatment to any country (with the exception of America) is outright incorrect. Most of the Muslims I've talked politics with agree that Ron Paul is right, if only on foreign policy. The Israel lobby does not control the presidency. Sure there are certain pro-Israel groups who have a lot of influence (just like AARP does or the NRA), but being in or out of favor with any of these groups does not guarantee anything one way or the other.
Sovereign

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 09:56:21 PM

"This should be made clear. Ron Paul should not be supported by Arabs or by supporters of the Palestinians.  He may have said things against Israel (although his spokesperson yesterday asserted to the New York Times that he is a "friend" of Israel), but he is a racist and a reactionary and a homophoebe. This is another example that we can't apply one litmus test only to candidates and people.  A critic of Israel who hates blacks and gays (or who hates Jews for that matter and I don't know if Paul is anti-Semitic or not) is not a friend we need in the pro-Palestinian community."

http://angryarab.blogspot.com/2011/12/ron-paul.html

----

yes he is zionist/pro-israel. I know he has no chance of winning while being anti-israel, but he has principles, like non-interventionism you mentioned. In this case he would rather be pro-israel and have a chance at winning than be anti-israel and have no chance at winning.

from middle-east perspective, his foreign policy is good, but he would still support and defend israel no matter what.

Just because his rhetoric is not explicitly anti-Israel, does not mean he is pro-Israel. As'ad AbuKhalil is simply wrong on this one.

Ron Paul on Gaza 1-3-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gTWqWrI4M

Ron Paul Right On Ground Zero 'Mosque'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wur6BH5i0so

This one is the most telling:
Ron Paul on Nancy Pelosi, listen carefully to what he says
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdJIWsbXIak
Doesn't sound like pro-Israel to me

Again, for the second time, Ron refers to Israel treatment of Gaza is like a concentration camp (unheard of from US politicians, Republican or Democrat)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1t4O9CcZQ0

Also regarding the racist claims against Ron Paul, here's a reality check
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-mVe88Nt1s

There's a strong propaganda effort going on against Ron Paul at the moment from the Establishment, so it's best to be very careful about the facts. I like As'ad AbuKhalil just as much as you do, but he is not an infallible source after all, and especially not on US political subtleties.

12uB1LSPrAqeEefLJTDfd6rKsu3KjiFBpa
barbarousrelic

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 11:42:36 AM

to me what it all comes down to is whether the candidates recognize the state of israel or not.

all (or most)  arabs / muslims  don't recognize state of israel, it must cease to exist just like apartheid south africa or rhodesia

so even if ron paul is non-interventionist, he still recognizes state of israel, also probably believes "israel's legitimacy is not a matter of debate" (like obama)

most arabs believe israel is not a legitimate state.

ron paul good on foreign policy , non-intervention -> good, but still ally of israel, and will defend israel when necessary.

Recognizing Israel as a country is far, far different than being an ally of Israel.

The US also recognized the USSR as a country.

Israel recognizes Iran as a country, does that mean that Israel and Iran are allies?

tsvekric

Activity: 257

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 05:02:25 PM

Ron Paul is the least racist candidate.
He's against collectivist thought. He's against the war on drugs, which hurts minorities more so than any other group. He's against the federal death penalty because minorities are prosecuted most often and received it as punishment at a disproportionate amount.
He's against military aggression and policing the world, spreading our military thin and requiring questionable tactics in recruiting new troops.
He's against corporate welfare and federal bank bailouts.

Homophobe? His 2008 campaign manager was openly gay and likely died of AIDs (right at the end of his campaign). He wants no ban on gay marriage. He believes in the right of any two people to contract. He wants religious values that define marriage to have nothing to do with the federal government.

And when it comes down to it, attacking him on his personality does very little. Unlike most candidates for office, you're not voting on a personality or personal beliefs; you're voting on a political and ideological platform.

Hey TeKillaSunRise, check it out

-qwe2323
barbarousrelic

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 07:24:53 PM

recognizing israel means that the land belongs to israel and not palestine.
Recognizing the existence of Israel does not necessarily mean you agree with all of their current geographical borders.

israel is not legitimate. so if ron paul says gaza & west bank belongs to palestine while the rest including Jerusalem belongs to israel , then there is a problem there.
I'm pretty sure Ron Paul has not said anything about who he thinks owns what land in this area of the world. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

tsvekric

Activity: 257

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 09:34:01 PM

"And when it comes down to it, attacking him on his personality does very little. Unlike most candidates for office, you're not voting on a personality or personal beliefs; you're voting on a political and ideological platform"

If I was in USA,I wouldn't vote for either party, they are all the same. So I dont care whether he is against drugs or against bank bailouts, what we care about (those in middle-east/arabs/muslims) is his stance towards israel & foreign policy.
That's stupid. Israel is not the US. It should not be a deciding factor in voting for President. Let Israel and the middle east handle their own affairs and keep the US out of it - none of our business.

Strange, though. I have some Jewish friends who absolutely hate Ron Paul because of his stance on foreign aid to Israel and his stance on foreign policy in the rest of the middle east. Ron Paul was the only candidate not invited to the Republican Jewish Coalition debate - they purposefully and openly excluded him because of his stance towards Israel.

It's like how pro-life people don't like Paul because he wouldn't want legislation passed that bans abortion - but pro-choice people don't like him because he is personally pro-life. Gay rights people don't like him because he's not for federally defined marriage and anti-gay marriage people don't like him because he's against defining marriage at all! He can't catch a break with some of you unflinching folks with tunnel-vision, huh?

And be careful what you label as 'we' - when I worked on the Ron Paul campaign 4 years ago and organized a rally here in Ann Arbor, we had a TON of supporters coming in from Dearborn. Your view on this matter is not mainstream when it comes to how most American Arabs/Persians/etc or Muslims in general feel. At least not the majority attitude in Michigan.

So if i was voting based only on foreign policy, then ron paul would get my vote(as long as he still doesnt defend israel).

So I repeat, I dont care whether he is racist , isolationist, non-interventionist etc.. or not. From arab/middle-east perspective what we do care about is israel(pro or anti?) & US wars for oil and the puppet regimes.

"Recognizing Israel as a country is far, far different than being an ally of Israel"

recognizing israel means that the land belongs to israel and not palestine. israel is not legitimate. so if ron paul says gaza & west bank belongs to palestine while the rest including Jerusalem belongs to israel , then there is a problem there.

America is not legitimate. What state is? Government is not legitimate. Ownership is not legitimate. Palestinians are not a people and Israelis are not a people. You are a person.

Hey TeKillaSunRise, check it out

-qwe2323
altuin

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 07:33:23 PM

Israel is quite legitimate. It was approved as a country by the UN and is allowed to exist. The fact that it was repeatedly attacked by third parys does not change that.
brunoshady

Activity: 262

Dubs Get

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:45:13 PM

I hate ron paul and obama and all politicians in the world. I'm not voting for anyone

😆
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:55:30 PM

I hate ron paul and obama and all politicians in the world. I'm not voting for anyone

Good for you.  The system needs more people who pay their taxes and don't bother their pretty little heads about where the money goes.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: