Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:37:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Negative news about Bitcoin is nowhere to be found, yet the price is falling  (Read 2548 times)
the_poet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:49:35 PM

I've been noticing a strange thing for weeks now. If you open Google News and search for bitcoin, most of the articles are (very) positive: new Bitcoin ATMs showing up here and there, new people and organizations supporting Bitcoin, stories about people who became millionaire thanks to Bitcoin, etc. OK, there may be some negative articles, especially in the last week, but most of them are not.

Nonetheless Bitcoin is falling and doesn't seem to be wanting to stop.

Did you notice this as well?

Under construction.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 03:58:10 PM

I've been noticing a strange thing for weeks now. If you open Google News and search for bitcoin, most of the articles are (very) positive: new Bitcoin ATMs showing up here and there, new people and organizations supporting Bitcoin, stories about people who became millionaire thanks to Bitcoin, etc. OK, there may be some negative articles, especially in the last week, but most of them are not.

THERE were good news before and there will be many good news for bitcoin everyday! Smiley

Just bad news are usually more loud.

You can read a hundreds good news for bitcoin around google from few years - and it is every day.
waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 03:59:22 PM

weak hands who do not totally believe in bitcoin's future and who are just day trading are selling

time to buy up for the next 5 to 10+ year horizon

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:03:17 PM

No new adopters.  No incentive for current users to buy more and spend em.  Need discounts for using btc since merchants are saving on CC fees.
mably

Activity: 377
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:10:39 PM

Miners are cashing in most of their mined BTC (3600~4000 every day) to pay their bills as difficulty increasing mining is getting more and more costly.

4000 BTC at 400$ each amount for about 1.6m$ every day.

You need a really strong buying support to get over that.
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:22:34 PM

Could just be a gradual decline in interest caused by a lack of news. Not everybody that has had the Bitcoin experience have become die hard Bitcoin fans.
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:27:19 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-declines-following-false-report-chinas-bitcoin-ban/
http://www.coindesk.com/price-bitcoin-remains-500-amid-china-uncertainty/
http://www.coindesk.com/chinese-central-bank-officials-discuss-bitcoin-new-rumors/
http://www.coindesk.com/btc38-suspends-trading-cites-china-central-bank-guidance/
http://www.coindesk.com/deposit-freeze-chinese-exchanges-drives-bitcoin-price-below-400/

No, no bad news at all. I haven't even bothered to get all the links.
Try spending some time searching.
Tripjammer

Activity: 394

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:30:09 PM

Profit taking and the regular Sunday sell off in china.

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:31:32 PM

heres an idea, don't focus on the latest trends and news but take some time and study historical charts for btc. i doubt we'll ever see below $400 again. appreciate the fact that you have the opportunity to buy damn cheap coins.
the_poet (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:31:51 PM

Dude, did you even bother to read my post? I'm not talking about Coindesk, I'm talking about Google News which is a WAY broader source of news. Not even comparable to Coindesk.

Under construction.
TTM

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:33:03 PM

heres an idea, don't focus on the latest trends and news but take some time and study historical charts for btc. i doubt we'll ever see below $400 again.
while you was typing these words, price crashed below 400.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:33:34 PM

heres an idea, don't focus on the latest trends and news but take some time and study historical charts for btc. i doubt we'll ever see below $400 again. appreciate the fact that you have the opportunity to buy damn cheap coins.

Well, what can I say now :p
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:44:31 PM

Miners are cashing in most of their mined BTC (3600~4000 every day) to pay their bills as difficulty increasing mining is getting more and more costly.

i agree.

(miner farm)
MykelSilver

Activity: 237

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:01:13 PM

This is the bust pattern of the boom-bust cycle of every bubble
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:11:14 PM

Looking at BTC-E, there seems to be a lot of dumping in the past 4-5 hours. Before that happened, the prices were stable. The dumping decreased the exchange rate from $420 to $380.
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:31:22 PM

Coindesk is the best source of crypto news for people interested in it, and thus, most people read what is there.
the_poet (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:00:13 PM

Coindesk is the best source of crypto news for people interested in it, and thus, most people read what is there.

The masses learn about what happens in the Bitcoin world on the mainstream media and websites. 99% of the general public doesn't even know Coindesk exists.

Under construction.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:10:14 PM

Do you read my lectures on their forum, 3 months ago you would know all.

Here are all my exposure:

My old threads with my analyzes, who recognized at the time, he is profited.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400001.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=374935.msg4014576#msg4014576

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420005.msg4563711#msg4563711

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419207.msg4553769#msg4553769

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=467191.0

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
raid_n

Activity: 269

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:15:37 PM

Is there any evidence that actually supports this ongoing claim?

It is totally illogical to sell your mined coins when difficulty is going up and value is dropping.
Especially when bitcoin has a low usd value you'd try to save as much as possible and only sell what you absolutely have to to come by.

Either you are mining because you believe bitcoin will be worth a lot more in which case you are doing the same as those that buy and hodl or you mine to sell for usd and in that case it might make sense to hold back some/all of your mined coins until the value rises again and you make better profits.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:16:56 PM

Is there any evidence that actually supports this ongoing claim?

It is totally illogical to sell your mined coins when difficulty is going up and value is dropping.
Especially when bitcoin has a low usd value you'd try to save as much as possible and only sell what you absolutely have to to come by.

Either you are mining because you believe bitcoin will be worth a lot more in which case you are doing the same as those that buy and hodl or you mine to sell for usd and in that case it might make sense to hold back some/all of your mined coins until the value rises again and you make better profits.

+1
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: