Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Apple Thread - I Admit Defeat.  (Read 2415 times)
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:30:43 PM

Yeah, especially if the user hates using the other product. (That's basically like telling me to use Android/Windows Phone even though I hate those OS's)

If users use Apple products, GET OVER IT. The time wasted by bashing people for the products they use can be spent on something better than bashing.

I couldn't care less what people use - they are more than entitled to burn their money (me included) on a closed system that is all about supporting corporate greed. What I don't understand is the rediculous nature of the Apple fandom (not the average user) given that their innovation has pretty much dissipated.

As with everything else there are two sides to the coin. First of all the idea that "corporate greed" or profit as those without an axe to grind is a bad thing is simply wrong. "Corporate greed" has given us the automobile, light bulb, electricity, the internet, jets that can take us anywhere in the world in hours instead of days or even years. The ability to turn your ideals and talents into money is a great thing.

Apple fans are passionate. I talk to them every day in my job and they are a fairly tech savvy and very passionate group. The remind me of bitcoin owners. 

I respectfully disagree.  They're usually misguided, blind, non tech savvy followers that like to tweet and take selfies.

Mostly chicks, soccer Moms, and teenage girls.   Grin

Any self respecting, independent thinking, knowledgeable and tech savvy grown man has an Android phone.  Thought this was a known fact!   Cool

I am not going get into an Apple versus Windows debate. Use whatever device works for you. It is patently absurd to judge a group of people by the type of electronics they buy. 

BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:32:27 PM

I guess apple would like bitcoin as more centralized technology (what would be bad for us in long run because of incoming fees) and they would like to be the central (what might create future difficulties at adaption of bitcoin by other firms )

Gervais

Activity: 366

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:46:28 PM

I think every bitcoin enthusiast should boycott apple.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:56:09 PM

Yeah, especially if the user hates using the other product. (That's basically like telling me to use Android/Windows Phone even though I hate those OS's)

If users use Apple products, GET OVER IT. The time wasted by bashing people for the products they use can be spent on something better than bashing.

I couldn't care less what people use - they are more than entitled to burn their money (me included) on a closed system that is all about supporting corporate greed. What I don't understand is the rediculous nature of the Apple fandom (not the average user) given that their innovation has pretty much dissipated.

As with everything else there are two sides to the coin. First of all the idea that "corporate greed" or profit as those without an axe to grind is a bad thing is simply wrong. "Corporate greed" has given us the automobile, light bulb, electricity, the internet, jets that can take us anywhere in the world in hours instead of days or even years. The ability to turn your ideals and talents into money is a great thing.

Apple fans are passionate. I talk to them every day in my job and they are a fairly tech savvy and very passionate group. The remind me of bitcoin owners. 

I respectfully disagree.  They're usually misguided, blind, non tech savvy followers that like to tweet and take selfies.

Any self respecting, independent thinking, knowledgeable and tech savvy grown man has an Android phone.  Thought this was a known fact!   Cool

I am not going get into an Apple versus Windows debate. Use whatever device works for you. It is patently absurd to judge a group of people by the type of electronics they buy. 

Technically you mean Apple vs Android for mobile devices.  Didn't even know Windows phones were in the race.   Tongue

This isn't about the electronics preferences.  This is about Apple's continued hypocrisy and monopolistic views towards Bitcoin and anything else that doesn't generate a revenue stream for them.

To think, this was Apple's Slogan once:

Now, it's more bow down to your masters, Sheeple!  Line up, we got a new iPhone 7s coming to you with new improved selfie camera and balls sensor!  Before snapchatting your Ball selfies, you must be logged into iCloud and iTunes first, before you can download the exclusive Beyonce track.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:09:44 PM

I respectfully disagree.  They're usually misguided, blind, non tech savvy followers that like to tweet and take selfies.

Mostly chicks, soccer Moms, and teenage girls.   Grin

Any self respecting, independent thinking, knowledgeable and tech savvy grown man has an Android phone.  Thought this was a known fact!   Cool

Technically you mean Apple vs Android for mobile devices.  Didn't even know Windows phones were in the race.   Tongue

This isn't about the electronics preferences.  This is about Apple's continued hypocrisy and monopolistic views towards Bitcoin and anything else that doesn't generate a revenue stream for them.

To think, this was Apple's Slogan once:

Now, it's more bow down to your masters, Sheeple!  Line up, we got a new iPhone 7s coming to you with new improved selfie camera and balls sensor!  Before snapchatting your Ball selfies, you must be logged into iCloud and iTunes first, before you can download the exclusive Beyonce track.

Ah okay. The ideological axe to grind. This is why I don't really get into political or religious discussions either. Everyone in them is firmly rooted in their beliefs and lives in their own little echo chamber so they never have to be challenged to think beyond their preconceived notions. To each his own.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:43:11 PM

So you've made a thread defending Apple and their move regarding bitcoin, but only now realized Apple forcing bitcoin out of its ecosystem was bad? I don't know about your thread so I could be wrong.

Better late than never I guess. I love my ipad and my 11 year old ipod, but windows 8.1 all the way baby! (and Ubuntu, and Lightworks and Gimp and Krita + cheap tablet from monoprice.com Cheesy)

So many options on the creative front. No need to love the golden cage exclusively anymore. Jobs is dead.

right wing authoritarian

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:47:11 AM

I heard that Microsoft has bought into Nokia, so we may see a Nokia smart phone running windows. Assuming anyone would buy such a thing it would be interesting to know what their approach will be to Bitcoin apps. Maybe we should start lobbying early?
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Touchdown

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:19:36 PM

I heard that Microsoft has bought into Nokia, so we may see a Nokia smart phone running windows. Assuming anyone would buy such a thing it would be interesting to know what their approach will be to Bitcoin apps. Maybe we should start lobbying early?
Where have you been?  Nokia has been making Windows Phone based smartphones for a while now -- the Lumia range.  Windows Phone has a couple of Bitcoin wallet apps too, AFAIK.

I really like Windows Phone except for the app situation -- apps always land on iOS and Android first and if and when they do arrive on Windows Phone, they are almost always inferior.  Key apps too, like Spotify.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:28:58 PM

I have a couple apps that I have developed.
When Apple banned the Blockchain app from the App Store back when, I made the switch. Got a Nexus 5. The phone is amazing. It doesn't have the bloat wear that slows down most other Android phones.
After the switch my eyes were opened and I saw that the future is to get away from Apple. Having an iPhone is so yesterday. Most people want Android now.
And what's better is that there are none of the many restrictions that Apple gives for apps on Android. So many apps with identical names by the same company are better on Android than on Apple. Line2 works seamlessly on Android. On iOS it simply doesn't work the way it should. Pandora has more features on Android than iOS.
I updated my own app for Android, and made it better than the iOS version. Simple things like pinch-to-zoom and scrolling work better on my app in the Android version rather than the iOS.

All of this because of restrictions that Apple puts. Little restrictions like Line2 not being able to have access to ringtones. Or that Gyft cannot accept bitcoin payments in their app.

I'm done with Apple. And I've had every Apple device that has come out since the first iPhone. I've walked away.
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:32:59 PM

I have tried Linux (Ubuntu), and Windows. Though I liked using Ubuntu, the one thing I missed was the quality, and quantity of apps. Sure there are open source apps, but replacing PixelMator? GFL finding a decent replacement. Don't say GIMP. I have used it and it's not a PixelMator replacement.

My advice: Have another machine lying around, perhaps that you just use for idle web browsing or something? Or a machine that other people can use? Install Linux on it. That way, at least you'll be supporting a more open system a little, and you will perhaps become more familiar with it and able to inform others of the advantages and limitations. And maybe, one day, the apps you need will get ported...

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:25:20 PM

A quick search on the Windows app store. This app store is definitely bitcoin friendly

More about Windows phone 8.1... While waiting for that Ubuntu phone Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6zmZQRTzE

ParsnipCommander

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:40:04 PM

You guys, please don't be defeated yet... REMEMBER WHERE WE HAVE GOTTEN TO!

Remember the price 2 years ago. Remember the nay-sayers 2 years ago. Where are we now? Remember where we are!!

http://star98radio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/freedom.jpeg
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:50:41 PM

I know that the enemy's enemy is not always a friend. But in this case, shouldn't we take Samsung's side? At least they will help in financially draining Apple, by capturing their market share.  Grin

As bitcoin users, we should (well, Android's side, it doesn't necessarily have to be Samsung).

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:23:28 AM

+1

I'm grumpy!!
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:22:50 AM

Remember the price 2 years ago. Remember the nay-sayers 2 years ago. Where are we now? Remember where we are!!

You are maybe in the wrong thread? He lost faith in Apple. not bitcoin  Wink
ParsnipCommander

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:36:32 AM

http://star98radio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/freedom.jpeg

Exactly... I'm saying give these companies time.
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:01:12 AM

Give which company time?  Apple?!?

They had the Blockchain app on their iTunes App Store for 2 years then remove it immediately after the Shrem arrest:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/06/technology/apple-bitcoin/

No warning, no reason, thousands of bitcoiners without a wallet to download.

This is not a company that deserves your loyalty or dollars.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:15:46 AM

A quick search for "take selfies apple iphone" finds this non tech savvy soccer Mom.   Cheesy

...and this "misguided chick"

Here are the mainstream Apple users:

ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:31:27 AM

They had the Blockchain app on their iTunes App Store for 2 years then remove it immediately after the Shrem arrest:

Yes, Apple. These companies have incredibly complex relationships, IP, tech partnerships, and legal considerations. Who knows what kind of deep politics is going on in Apple regarding BTC. A lot of big investors in bitcoin have stakes (or relationships) in companies competing with varying degrees with Apple. My point stands though - I have faith in the future.

Seriously we need to create a solid foundation and ecosystem (which is happening) first and then let Apple decide then. It's still murky, but the water is getting clearer each month.

Wouldn't it behoove them to allow Bitcoin apps in their marketplace if their direct competitor Google does?

It's bad enough Apple is getting shitted on by Samsung, but pretty much all Android phones.  Even Windows phones has Bitcoin apps.

Apple used to be about innovation, pushing the envelope, and thinking outside the box.

Now their just content in milking their sheeple(badly I might add).  RIP Steve Jobs.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:52:17 AM

Yes, Apple. These companies have incredibly complex relationships, IP, tech partnerships, and legal considerations. Who knows what kind of deep politics is going on in Apple regarding BTC. A lot of big investors in bitcoin have stakes (or relationships) in companies competing with varying degrees with Apple. My point stands though - I have faith in the future.

Seriously we need to create a solid foundation and ecosystem (which is happening) first and then let Apple decide then. It's still murky, but the water is getting clearer each month.

Apple does not need us to decide. They already did regarding bitcoin. Nothing "murky" about their decision. I will never buy an iphone.

http://youtu.be/DuQZTAJ2KLk

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: