Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:59:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am turning my back on bitcointalk. It just doesnt work anymore.  (Read 2494 times)
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:04:02 AM

Well I hate to read people aren't happy with the forums and will not be coming back.  I'd like to think any or most of the issues you brought up are able to be fixed.  I personally think newbie type jail is needed to sort threw the extreme amount of spammers folks see around frequently.  I think their my be a need for a referral program that allows users that are new to BTC to get ranked up sooner maybe?  I don't know just trying to brainstorm ideas and help.
randomlove

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:00:07 AM

Well I hate to read people aren't happy with the forums and will not be coming back.  I'd like to think any or most of the issues you brought up are able to be fixed.  I personally think newbie type jail is needed to sort threw the extreme amount of spammers folks see around frequently.  I think their my be a need for a referral program that allows users that are new to BTC to get ranked up sooner maybe?  I don't know just trying to brainstorm ideas and help.

Theymos does and never as cared. He gets rakes inn 30+ BTC a week through this and thats all he cares about, As he did with GLBSE.

Yawn, People never learn that there's an underlying evil throughout society and believe we live in a free market/world haha.

Perfetic sheeple. How the hell do we wake you up?
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 03:33:05 PM

It's working just fine for me. I find this forum to be the best source of info relating to bitcoin. There's always going to be people spamming, scamming, and complaining and you can't please everyone. I think if we reach a point where this forum has outlived it's usefulness, people will simply mass-migrate to a better discussion medium.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:16:06 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 06:28:51 PM by pekv2

I had to go in and hide the [ann] crap omfg, and yes, it hard sifting through the spam on here nowadays. I stick to alt mining and off topic.

I love to help ppl as that's what I use to do here but it's just insanely too much, and I see moar spam than ppl asking for help ect, ridiculous.

It's become a currency making machine.

I agree with OP. But I'm staying :p.

Edit:

Yay, I just found one to help, hope i helped him Cheesy .

+1 too  Beginners & Help
randomlove

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:24:58 PM

Best communities are small communities, PERIOD!
rhino34567

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:25:46 PM

Not when you're looking for the most amount of information. Specific and technical topics are often not trolled that much by spammers, as I've seen.

randomlove

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:10:47 PM

Not when you're looking for the most amount of information. Specific and technical topics are often not trolled that much by spammers, as I've seen.

Thats true, But they get buried. Thats the problem with Reddit. Top articles are normally what average Joe likes and anything technical is lost on the way side
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:47:19 AM

The solution is not restricting freedom in the name of security, but education.

Then help us content creators help educate new buyers. Sticky this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456691

randomlove

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:42:25 AM

Then help us content creators help educate new buyers. Sticky this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456691

Good effort dude, its nice see someone trying but don't expect any gratitude around here! People have a long way to go before they start carrying themselves with any pride or dignity in this world again. 2000 years of constant degrigation of our core principles have turned most into huge sacks of shit without 2 braincells to rub together to think outside the box. Schooled to the point of no imagination and not to question anything! All they care about is making a gain over someone else when the games really about working with others to progress.

They have turned life into the monopoly game and everyone plays along with the bullshit! This is why 90% of people go along with the 'official' lines and fight anyone who is against their pre fabricated distorted idea of the world.

The world is very, very sick!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:48:45 AM

+1. Yup. We do like to sticky things that help new members don't we?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:30:20 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 02:42:39 PM by DiamondCardz

I don't see why we don't make the sections where scamming is extremely high more strict (especially Lending). That is not censorship, you can hardly call "not being allowed to ask for a loan without matching criteria" censorship. Lots of people would gladly volunteer to moderate sections that are filled with even if they have a high workload that comes with them, so the excuse "our mod team can't handle it" doesn't really work.

Make people give information (no "hi I need .1 BTC loan send to *address* thx"), restrict who can post (no 1 post newbies), and   disallow self-moderation in those sections. Right now there is no valid reason to even delete posts in those sections because reasons have not been made when there are a lot of perfectly sensible rules that could be implemented to reduce scams. Mods could also make stickies in order to warn people of new scams. John K. used to sticky threads that would warn people of scams but now he isn't staff so information threads are usually just swept under. There's only so much the "Lending regulars" can do.

EDIT: Here's a thread that I want to see if the mods will sticky. It is useful and it will reduce the amount of scams out there.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.new#new

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 04:10:44 PM

Ok, stickied.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 05:12:41 PM

Good to see that the moderation team isn't as useless as people claim, then!

Huangww

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:56:41 PM

It's always normal.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 04:21:38 PM

With the increasing popularity of Bitcoin, and the exponential increase of members on the forum, removing the restrictions was a mistake.
Yes, there are other issues at hand too, but this would decrease the amount of newbie spam/puppets.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:11:43 PM

With the increasing popularity of Bitcoin, and the exponential increase of members on the forum, removing the restrictions was a mistake.
Yes, there are other issues at hand too, but this would decrease the amount of newbie spam/puppets.

Such as people like you using the forums as a chatroom to make money with paid signatures.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:37:14 PM

In my honest opinion you can condense the problems that bitcointalk faces into three things.

First, spam. By "spam" I mean, not only signature advertisements, but just the general influx of spam from the removal of newbie jail, etc. Secondly, scams. Take a look at the Lending section. We need some regulation and badly, we need guidelines made, we need moderators put in place. Every day people are being scammed and the section is filled with pages of loan requests from people who are here simply to scam. Lastly, trolls. This is pretty similar to my first point but trolls fill this forum and we desperately need more mods from all timezones to handle this.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:41:18 PM

Such as people like you using the forums as a chatroom to make money with paid signatures.
So now, because I've put up the ad again, I'm considered one of them?
I've posted the last (excluding the posts since putting up the signature, under 100) few thousand posts without any paid signatures.

Thank you.
~Lauda

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:23:27 PM

... Lastly, trolls. This is pretty similar to my first point but trolls fill this forum and we desperately need more mods from all timezones to handle this.

I think heavy mod moderation won't help. I think we need self moderation, so users can reword themselves (something like reddit upvoting). Another thing that might help is (maybe) filters, so user can predefine rules what to display.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 08:30:02 PM

... Lastly, trolls. This is pretty similar to my first point but trolls fill this forum and we desperately need more mods from all timezones to handle this.

I think heavy mod moderation won't help. I think we need self moderation, so users can reword themselves (something like reddit upvoting). Another thing that might help is (maybe) filters, so user can predefine rules what to display.

When I say we need a lot more mods I don't mean so much that every word you say is being moderated. But we do need more so we can just remove the ridiculous content. Something like reddit upvoting wouldn't work well when there's just so much bad content.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: