Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:14:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Run up to $1000  (Read 4994 times)
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:36:48 AM

Already bought more at $400
Profiting 130$ already on each one, not bad!
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:58:40 PM

What tells you it's gonna happen fast?

everyone and their aunt have been waiting on their sidelines to catch the bottom, everyone convinced they are smarter than the next. like some huge game of chicken. these people *want* to buy. they are frightened. their fear just needs an outlet, right now they are afraid that they are catching a knife, but that will quickly change to the terror of missing the boat.

every move ever is made of that.

This. Once the greed of "man I could have bought at 350 yesterday" will be overtaken by fear of "oh my god I may miss this train completely" people start making hasty buy decisions, followed by hasty sell decisions when it turns around on a 5-minute candle, rinse repeat, because human emotions are the shortest route to poverty.

sgbett, does not it feel nice being a hodler and watching the things you've experienced twice already unfold on unsuspecting newbies? So much fun Smiley

It IS a lot of fun, honestly.  All these newbs coming on here thinking they know everything.

Ahhh, but we were newbs just a year ago.  We need to have some compassion.  Wink  I guess the only thing I can say is that we tried to learn from others mistakes and instead of panic selling just held on through the ups and downs.  I can honestly say I am very thankful we have done that!  Now we just calmly buy when we hit lows like a couple days ago.  It is still a bit depressing when the price drops but I am not too worried about it.

The fear of "missing the boat" actually has some truth to it.  Newbies would be better off just buying now.  We might drop a little, but this is about as low as it is going to get before the next big "bubble" "pump" "ATH" or whatever you want to call it. Wink

Today's noobs are next cycle's senior members.
By the way, how long did it take to find the address in your Sig?!

BitChicksHusband found the address.  I think it took several hours.  He left it running all night one night.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:09:48 PM

everyone and their aunt have been waiting on their sidelines to catch the bottom, everyone convinced they are smarter than the next. like some huge game of chicken. these people *want* to buy. they are frightened. their fear just needs an outlet, right now they are afraid that they are catching a knife, but that will quickly change to the terror of missing the boat.

This. Once the greed of "man I could have bought at 350 yesterday" will be overtaken by fear of "oh my god I may miss this train completely" people start making hasty buy decisions, followed by hasty sell decisions when it turns around on a 5-minute candle, rinse repeat, because human emotions are the shortest route to poverty.

sgbett, does not it feel nice being a hodler and watching the things you've experienced twice already unfold on unsuspecting newbies? So much fun Smiley

It IS a lot of fun, honestly.  All these newbs coming on here thinking they know everything.

Ahhh, but we were newbs just a year ago.  We need to have some compassion.  Wink  I guess the only thing I can say is that we tried to learn from others mistakes and instead of panic selling just held on through the ups and downs.  I can honestly say I am very thankful we have done that!  Now we just calmly buy when we hit lows like a couple days ago.  It is still a bit depressing when the price drops but I am not too worried about it.

The fear of "missing the boat" actually has some truth to it.  Newbies would be better off just buying now.  We might drop a little, but this is about as low as it is going to get before the next big "bubble" "pump" "ATH" or whatever you want to call it. Wink

BitChicksHusband found the address.  I think it took several hours.  He left it running all night one night.

So he's an all-nighter  Wink
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:09:45 PM

Life's unfair, if you wanted to give him such a present it would take hundreds of years Smiley

i am satoshi
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:15:13 PM

Well, your forum status doesn't indicate how much you know about Bitcoins, only how much time you've spent posting on this forum. Smiley

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:31:20 PM

Just like the run up from $2 that you lived through.......yeah...that really took off didn't it.......2 years down the line from it of course.

$2 in mid nov to ~$7, 6 weeks later. It's not exactly a slow move up... if that happened today it would put us ~$1200 beginning of june.

That couldn't happen today though, there is hardly anyone left who wants bitcoin compared to back then...

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 04:33:25 PM

Cheesy
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:35:19 PM

Just like the run up from $2 that you lived through.......yeah...that really took off didn't it.......2 years down the line from it of course.

$2 in mid nov to ~$7, 6 weeks later. It's not exactly a slow move up... if that happened today it would put us ~$1200 beginning of june.

That couldn't happen today though, there is hardly anyone left who wants bitcoin compared to back then...

Other factors will decide the value nowadays though.

sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:45:32 PM

It feels nice being a holder yes, because at todays prices I could not afford to buy 1/10th of what I have now, and it would be infinitely more risky.

However, I'm under no illusion that this is a sure bet. It's interesting watching newbies go through the process of figuring out how what the potential upside is, and how little they really have to risk. You don't need to be ALL IN, and once you figure that out you are set. Risk what you can afford to lose. Watch it go to the moon/up in smoke. Don't sweat.

Or be like mat. trade insanely. become neurotic the market is against you then finally throw in the towel and sit on the sidelines a trembling wreck. Wink

It's those people, the people that are ALL OUT, they are the people I don't get. They are convinced they can trade to win, and for a while I'm sure some do (and statistically some will continue to). Most won't. They could have just held and done alright.

Sure I've juiced my returns by skimming a bit off the top on the run ups and buying back a little on the downturns, but this accounts for tiny fraction of my pot.

It's all gambling, but if you are going to gamble, pick good odds, and manage your bankroll.

I still say buy, I still say hold, and I still leave in my sig where I called the bottom so you can see just how easy it is to be wrong. There is too much revisionism on these boards. This is just my bit of truth Smiley

(I also said buy at $800, and I suspect soon, that will end up having been good advice...)

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:46:54 PM

It feels nice being a holder yes, because at todays prices I could not afford to buy 1/10th of what I have now, and it would be infinitely more risky.

However, I'm under no illusion that this is a sure bet. It's interesting watching newbies go through the process of figuring out how what the potential upside is, and how little they really have to risk. You don't need to be ALL IN, and once you figure that out you are set. Risk what you can afford to lose. Watch it go to the moon/up in smoke. Don't sweat.

Or be like mat. trade insanely. become neurotic the market is against you then finally throw in the towel and sit on the sidelines a trembling wreck. Wink

It's those people, the people that are ALL OUT, they are the people I don't get. They are convinced they can trade to win, and for a while I'm sure some do (and statistically some will continue to). Most won't. They could have just held and done alright.

Sure I've juiced my returns by skimming a bit off the top on the run ups and buying back a little on the downturns, but this accounts for tiny fraction of my pot.

It's all gambling, but if you are going to gamble, pick good odds, and manage your bankroll.

I still say buy, I still say hold, and I still leave in my sig where I called the bottom so you can see just how easy it is to be wrong. There is too much revisionism on these boards. This is just my bit of truth Smiley

(I also said buy at $800, and I suspect soon, that will end up having been good advice...)
Definitely think anyone will soon be able to make a profit who bought at 800. People who are in it for the long run will probably be rewarded sooner or later. Smiley

sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:49:33 PM

<snip>

either

1. you missed my sarcasm (sorry i though it was obvious)

or

2. you really think that the number of people that want something (demand) that is in limited supply has no bearing on the price

i hope its 1 Wink

sangocamxe

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 04:51:12 PM

Tôi ngĩ là 800
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:51:18 PM

<snip>

either

or

2. you really think that the number of people that want something (demand) that is in limited supply has no bearing on the price

i hope its 1 Wink
Lol I must admit I didn't read carefully enough to detect the sarcasm.

Edit: Reading it again I actually missed where you said it -couldn't- happen today. Cheesy

sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:06:00 PM

<snip>

either

or

i hope its 1 Wink

Edit: Reading it again I actually missed where you said it -couldn't- happen today. Cheesy

It's easily done. All my posts are 88% sarcasm and 44% sincere.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:37:04 PM

<snip>

either

or

i hope its 1 Wink

It's easily done. All my posts are 88% sarcasm and 44% sincere.
Hahaha, alright, thank you.

Cheesy

andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:53:40 PM

Wah?Huh This no look like ban!!!

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/16/china-bitcoin-idINKBN0D20DK20140416
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:03:29 PM

news in a week - china bans it's first bitcoin ATM Smiley

i am satoshi
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:04:38 PM

No surprise if they do, banks aren't allowed to trade with them as stated earlier.

DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:17:59 PM

Come on argh...3...2..1...panic.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:46:12 PM

Stop it, this is the kind of **** that started the China crash, people posting crap on the forums with no sources to back it up.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: