Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:32:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a Android wallet.. What works, what dosent ???  (Read 2205 times)
teflone (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 02:31:27 AM

Can someone point me to the 3 most relevant bitcoin wallet/clients..

Want to load a friends phone up...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 02:57:14 AM

Bitcoin Wallet (includes blockchain)
BitcoinSpinner (uses remote blockchain)

all basic functions work on both afaik.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 04:55:30 PM

try bitcoin wallet by andreas schildbach.

it is a good solution!

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 05:11:17 PM

I could never get the bitcoin wallet to work... On the other hand, bitcoinspinner worked flawlessly till the recent update (which should be fixed tomorrow).
pazor
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 06:52:26 PM

hm... i work with the bitcoin wallet many months.
no problem has been rise until now.

please try again. what kind of problem do you have ?

vuce

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:24:03 PM

The blockchain never downloaded in full, not even after a few days of waiting.
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:24:55 PM

http://mtgoxlive.com/mobile/

pazor
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:05:14 PM

many possible reasons

your internet connection is not stable
your power saving mode cuts the internet connection

check this.

vuce

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:06:26 PM

this is wrong on so many levels...
vuce

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:07:42 PM

many possible reasons

your internet connection is not stable
your power saving mode cuts the internet connection

check this.
none of those were the issue. It's either a bug in the software or it just doesn't work with my version of android (2.2.2). I don't know. It also may be the limited space of htc desire (512 mb of flash drive).
pazor
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:17:21 PM

ok...

i give up. ask andreas schildbach in this forum.

good luck

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:25:03 PM

These are my recommendations based on what I've tried and liked:

BitcoinSpinner - Android App - Hands down my favorite, especially now that you can export your private key even while the server is down. There is a 0.0005 btc fee (minimum) on each transaction, but it's so small, and the app is so convenient, it really doesn't bug me like I thought it would.

BitPay - Android App - Had a couple of minor bugs, and it's a front-end for the Instawallet online site. So while it's not safe for a significant number of coins, it's quick and easy, and there are no transaction fees, so overall it's a not-bad alternative.

StrongCoin - Website - Since you can browse the web on smartphones, this site is fairly easy to use on the go. Like BitcoinSpinner, it's another case where YOU keep your private keys. Downside: this one charges a 1% fee on every transaction, minimum of 0.005 btc, max of 1 btc.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:32:21 PM

I'm surprised someone doesn't make one for iPhone Jailbroken.

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:36:28 PM

These are my recommendations based on what I've tried and liked:

BitcoinSpinner - Android App - Hands down my favorite, especially now that you can export your private key even while the server is down. There is a 0.0005 btc fee (minimum) on each transaction, but it's so small, and the app is so convenient, it really doesn't bug me like I thought it would.

BitPay - Android App - Had a couple of minor bugs, and it's a front-end for the Instawallet online site. So while it's not safe for a significant number of coins, it's quick and easy, and there are no transaction fees, so overall it's a not-bad alternative.

StrongCoin - Website - Since you can browse the web on smartphones, this site is fairly easy to use on the go. Like BitcoinSpinner, it's another case where YOU keep your private keys. Downside: this one charges a 1% fee on every transaction, minimum of 0.005 btc, max of 1 btc.

NOTE: I just read elsewhere that BitcoinSpinner has a small bug currently, where you can't send BTC amounts smaller than 1btc. Word is, it should be fixed by Monday.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 06:55:01 PM

expound.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 01:57:52 PM

I use both the Schildbach wallet and BitcoinSpinner on my Android. Both work just fine. Still haven't been able to choose which one to use definitively. BitcoinSpinner is faster but the blockchain download of the Schildbach wallet isn't much of a problem if you use it fairly regularly. And it has much better set of features. So it's a toss up.

I can recommend both but for a new Bitcoin user I always recommend BitcoinSpinner because it's just so much more convenient to set up initially. It takes a long time to use the standalone wallet for the first time, with BitcoinSpinner it's virtually instant. I've managed to send some of my friends bitcoins in less than a minute with them not having a wallet installed in their phone initially.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
teflone (OP)

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 06:10:01 AM

Bitcoin spinner it is then Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
phatsphere

Activity: 763

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 03:22:07 PM

also a plus point for bitcoin spinner is, that you can backup your wallet via a qr code (e.g. take a screenshot or a photograph). the android-wallet can't do that yet, reason is that it is quite cumbersome to rescan the complete blockchain …
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: