Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:47:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is causing blackcoins rise?  (Read 2006 times)
precrime3 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 05:21:09 PM

Been hearing its the market manipulation of the multipool, but does anyone know actually what it is? SHould I buy in now, or will it never go down?

y3804

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:22:22 PM

Someone who bought 5 BTC worth at 1500 could easily dump the entire sell book in a  matter of seconds. This is too dangerous imo
precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 05:29:16 PM

Someone who bought 5 BTC worth at 1500 could easily dump the entire sell book in a  matter of seconds. This is too dangerous imo

So not much liquidity? it seems blackcoin has been slowly rising though, surely must be interest?

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:41:21 PM

So not much liquidity? it seems blackcoin has been slowly rising though, surely must be interest?

noone cares really, just another alt that gets pumped x10 to get dumped x20 later.

i am satoshi
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:42:44 PM

Not true

There have been dumps, but the price recovers within minutes. 

The order book looks good
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:11:39 PM

multipool pumps the price.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:12:32 PM

nothing new, you forgot dogecoin and aurora?

interest is just on blackcoin at the moment, in one week it will be on another coin or divided among others shitcoin
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:18:55 PM

- 100% proof of stake means no wasteful proof of work mining (bitcoin miners cost over $15 million dollars of electricty every day to run. If Blackcoin was worth the same, it would be a fraction of that).

- 10 second transaction times. A lot of people seem to think it's 60 seconds because that was what it was when the coin was proof of work, but now we are proof of stake. Coins based on bitcoin with proof of work that try to go that low fork horribly (even worldcoin has forked at 30 seconds before).

- No coins being dumped by miners!! People who haven't done their research make a big mistake they don't realised unlike Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Peercoin etc there are not tons of newly mined coins being dumped on the market for profit every day. This is HUGE. A big thing which KILLS pumps is the miners dumping. The only dumps that happen with Blackcoin are from people taking profits. I've been posting regularly about the patterns Blackcoin follows - big pump, consolidation period where people take profits, trading volume decreases until it reaches the point no-one else is taking profits, finally demand outstrips supply and next pump starts. I've noted that exact pattern 6 times in the last month and all my predictions came true.
KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:26:19 PM

- 100% proof of stake means no wasteful proof of work mining (bitcoin miners cost over $15 million dollars of electricty every day to run. If Blackcoin was worth the same, it would be a fraction of that).

- 10 second transaction times. A lot of people seem to think it's 60 seconds because that was what it was when the coin was proof of work, but now we are proof of stake. Coins based on bitcoin with proof of work that try to go that low fork horribly (even worldcoin has forked at 30 seconds before).

- No coins being dumped by miners!! People who haven't done their research make a big mistake they don't realised unlike Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Peercoin etc there are not tons of newly mined coins being dumped on the market for profit every day. This is HUGE. A big thing which KILLS pumps is the miners dumping. The only dumps that happen with Blackcoin are from people taking profits. I've been posting regularly about the patterns Blackcoin follows - big pump, consolidation period where people take profits, trading volume decreases until it reaches the point no-one else is taking profits, finally demand outstrips supply and next pump starts. I've noted that exact pattern 6 times in the last month and all my predictions came true.

^ Yup. Pure PoS and in-person usable transaction times could be game changers, and no coin has had them both before Blackcoin. Those two things along with the momentum BC has are a big fucking deal.

It's not any one factor for BC. It's a combination of innovation, marketing and timing. There have been coins that had a few of the right factors but BC has them all.  
KingSchultz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:29:31 PM

The multipool was a brilliant idea to get off the ground, and it worked very nicely but it's effect has been a drop in the bucket compared to total volume for a while now. If it disappeared tomorrow nothing changes.
precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 06:42:32 PM

You guys think Blackcoin is nothing but a short term investment? Is it worth it for long term?

precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 06:47:17 PM

You guys think Blackcoin is nothing but a short term investment? Is it worth it for long term?

Its POS of course they want you to hold it as long as possible.

1% YEARLY POS rate is not worth it, not even considering. SO that's why I asked.

traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:53:42 PM

The fact that there are no miners dumping and a multipool that keeps buying is a pretty interesting combo. Add on top all the speculators and daytraders and bots and you can see where this whole thing is going.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:55:26 PM

quark was not pos however.

Just think about it this rise started on a date and now its only going up, everyday with no stop OF COURSE its a pump don't matter if multipool or the top 100 that got millions already.

This starts to looks more like quark all over again.
precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 06:56:57 PM

So back to my original question: What do you guys think Blackcoin is? Short term pump and dump or viable long term investment?

damiano
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:02:02 PM

I'm holding onto it as a long term investment.  It's limited supply makes it unique now.
tintumon

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:02:22 PM

Just think about it this rise started on a date and now its only going up, everyday with no stop OF COURSE its a pump don't matter if multipool or the top 100 that got millions already.

Don't matter... it was instamined like blackcoin and then pumped. Holding blackcoin in a long term with no service is suicide
+1. Dump is coming soon
damiano
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:02:58 PM

Don't matter... it was instamined like blackcoin and then pumped. Holding blackcoin in a long term with no service is suicide

Blackcoin wasn't instamined.  I was at the launch and it was probably the most legit launch I have seen.

Quit spreading FUD unless you can back it up
KingSchultz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:15:02 PM

I only think long-term when I invest in coins and I'm holding a lot of Black. I really, really don't think this is a pump and dump.

Could always be wrong, but that's one investors opinion.
precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 07:16:06 PM

Blackcoin wasn't instamined.  I was at the launch and it was probably the most legit launch I have seen.

Quit spreading FUD unless you can back it up

Blackcoin was instamined I believe so?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: