Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:33:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Damn you Amazon (+Walmart), you'll come round soon enough  (Read 3845 times)
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 04:07:28 PM

don't worry, the USD is going into hyperinflation within this decade, bitcoin's time will come soon afterwards.
That's correct. I don't think most people realize how bad things are going to get in the VERY near future (by my estimate closer to 2-3 years than 10, FYI).

Related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQdmsL147j0

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RockHound (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:38:53 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 12:07:08 AM by RockHound

don't worry, the USD is going into hyperinflation within this decade, bitcoin's time will come soon afterwards.
That's correct. I don't think most people realize how bad things are going to get in the VERY near future (by my estimate closer to 2-3 years than 10, FYI).

Related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQdmsL147j0

Thanks for the link Beliathon! Stefan Molyneux is great at summarizing.

Do you think the Ƀ protocol will help solve the problem associated with the FED & privatized debt?

This is why we need major corporations to use Ƀ or derivative of.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:22:35 PM

Amazon has bigger goals at the moment than experimenting with digital currencies. For example, he noted that Amazon needs to deal with foreign exchange rates

Hmmm.  If only there was SOME WAY of getting around those pesky foreign exchange rates...

Seriously, though.  If you really want to use your bitcoins on Amazon, just go through Gyft.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:48:07 PM

Good effort lads! Reconsidering or FUD?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572149.0

dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:54:29 PM

All things in good time my friend

Although BTC is necessarily be the currency of the future, there are a few altcoins that may see the spotlight before big vendors/markets start adopting virtual currencies.

RockHound (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:09:23 PM

All things in good time my friend

Although BTC is necessarily be the currency of the future, there are a few altcoins that may see the spotlight before big vendors/markets start adopting virtual currencies.

very wise  Cool                       fear it will take more than a few of us bitcointalkers, ..every little helps Wink
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:12:33 PM

For what it's worth...I got a response within about ten minutes. I fully admit that it is almost certainly a "form response" about Bitcoin and nearly everyone will get the same one.(Although the grammar of the first two lines doesn't seem as polished as the rest and may not be "form").

The point is...someone at least paid attention to it...read enough of it to recognize what I was writing about...responded...and no doubt put a check mark somewhere in the tally of topics that concern customers.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the Bitcoins.

I would like to let you know that we currently don't accept bitcoins as your payment method for your order, I believe that this is a disappointing news.

However it's a good thing that you've brought this up to our attention and we'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements.

Strong customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve our website and services. I will pass your message on to the appropriate department in our company. We always want to know how our customers react to all aspects of shopping on our website.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Lara T.

1.) I find it hilarious that their form response has so many grammatical issues.

2.) More importantly - if you really want to make a bigger impact, send them a physical letter. Seriously. If thousands of people sent them a physical letter it would mean more than if tens of thousands emailed them via the customer support form.

3.) If you own Amazon stock, go to a shareholder meeting. If you hold a lot of their stock, request that this be brought up as a discussion topic.
apsvinet

Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:30:38 PM

So why don't you all stop posting your laments here...and do what I just did..log into your account at Amazon...go to "contact us" and tell them what you think?

I really am not saying that in a snarky way...I'm just saying that it doesn't hurt to let them know directly what you as a customer think.

For what it's worth...I got a response within about ten minutes. I fully admit that it is almost certainly a "form response" about Bitcoin and nearly everyone will get the same one.(Although the grammar of the first two lines doesn't seem as polished as the rest and may not be "form").

The point is...someone at least paid attention to it...read enough of it to recognize what I was writing about...responded...and no doubt put a check mark somewhere in the tally of topics that concern customers.

I would like to let you know that we currently don't accept bitcoins as your payment method for your order, I believe that this is a disappointing news.

However it's a good thing that you've brought this up to our attention and we'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements.

Strong customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve our website and services. I will pass your message on to the appropriate department in our company. We always want to know how our customers react to all aspects of shopping on our website.

Best regards,
Lara T.

"A disappointing news?"
Doesn't working at Amazon require any education what soever? Count me in!

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:49:03 PM

Come up with a way to integrate BTC into their established payment systems with minimal hardware replacement costs, and boom!  You can get them to do it. 
apsvinet

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:50:11 PM

Come up with a way to integrate BTC into their established payment systems with minimal hardware replacement costs, and boom!  You can get them to do it. 
Apologies on beforehand if I seem stupid for saying this, but wouldn't them getting a bitcoin address be enough?

jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:59:23 PM

Apologies on beforehand if I seem stupid for saying this, but wouldn't them getting a bitcoin address be enough?

How do you put that BTC address into their little keypad at the checkout line in their current system?  Reprogram it?  Or replace it with a device compatible to connect to their own private exchange?  The root problem is overhead versus benefits, not technology.
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:07:08 PM

So why don't you all stop posting your laments here...and do what I just did..log into your account at Amazon...go to "contact us" and tell them what you think?

I really am not saying that in a snarky way...I'm just saying that it doesn't hurt to let them know directly what you as a customer think.

Best regards,
Lara T.

"A disappointing news?"

+1 Very lol   Grin
apsvinet

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:08:57 PM

Best regards,
Lara T.

"A disappointing news?"

+1 Very lol   Grin
Much grammar
very english
such amazon
Cheesy

RockHound (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:56:47 PM

Best regards,
Lara T.

"A disappointing news?"

+1 Very lol   Grin
Much grammar
very english
such amazon
Cheesy

Nice market wrap just posted from Thomas (MadBitcoins):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Qvvgx8yF0
ParsnipCommander

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:33:12 AM

Remember, Amazon didn't even blink at bitcoin 2 years ago... we need to give it time.
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:58:38 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 01:27:57 AM by RockHound

Remember, Amazon didn't even blink at bitcoin 2 years ago... we need to give it time.

We need to get amiable, influential CEO's on-board, with larger net worth than Amazon's declared $40Billion assets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_companies_by_revenue (lol most of them are Rothschild companies)

I'll give Richard Branson a call later

apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:40:28 PM

Of course, these are the kinds of things you can't rush. Need to take
the time to get it done right, and be rewarded properly in the end. Smiley
Also these major companies can't make quick desicions due to all the
work that has to go in changing even the most minor thing.

dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:54:53 PM

"A disappointing news?"

Yeah that was one of my favorite parts, also "regarding the Bitcoins"

And then a line lower they say bitcoins again but this time not capitalized. Consistency?

Also "brought this up to our attention" ?

Look I wouldn't be this critical if someone posted that as a post on a forum but that is supposed to be an official communication from a business. Maybe have someone whose first language is English write the letters?
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:11:44 PM

"A disappointing news?"

Yeah that was one of my favorite parts, also "regarding the Bitcoins"

And then a line lower they say bitcoins again but this time not capitalized. Consistency?

Also "brought this up to our attention" ?

Look I wouldn't be this critical if someone posted that as a post on a forum but that is supposed to be an official communication from a business. Maybe have someone whose first language is English write the letters?
Exactly, it's a formal text and should be treated as such.

RockHound (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:18:31 PM

Alternatively there's scope for the major corporations by market capitalization to follow by example

Although Amazon may have commissioned a research panel to investigate the potential integration of Ƀ on thier POS platform(s), which personally I doubt and believe not truly representative owing to customers lack of demand.

Do we have any Amazon Power Sellers/Traders here?, Would like to hear from you. I guess Amazon would have reached out to some high volume traders and asked them whether they would like to accept Ƀ.

This is not a plug, however I do have respect for the developer Tom Tang of Corkett, he has just recently launched and aims to compete against Ebay, Craigslist, Gumtree, etc.

Website: https://www.corkket.com/   please check it out and support  Smiley

Press: http://www.coindesk.com/corkket-com-ebay-craigslist-local-bitcoin-classifieds/

One the biggest players by market capitalization, Walmart group recently filed suit against Visa over their processing fees. It's sad but only once major corporations can viably increase profits & efficiency, as demonstrated by the likes of Corkett and other Ƀ enterprises, will they properly invest in considering using Ƀ.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: