Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:18:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Concerns about censorship  (Read 3605 times)
SupaDupaJenkins (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 09:07:24 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2012, 02:42:31 AM by Maged

Who do I talk to about getting Diablo banned? Editing posts and being sexually suggestive stating I'm a homosexual and then deleting my posts and other people's posts because they are saying FACTS isn't that against the rules? How is it fair to censor people on a forum based around a currency of freedom of choice..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 10:37:47 AM

Jenkins, you do realize reporting posts reports them to me right?

Go bug some other forum. Or, alternatively, I can have theymos ban you. Your choice.

DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 08:55:39 PM

I've requested that Jenkins should be banned, so it is now only a matter of time.

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 09:00:49 PM

I've requested that Jenkins should be banned, so it is now only a matter of time.

There's no point in everyone fighting amongst themslves.

You have to atleast try and understand the frustration that he is feeling....and a back-and-forth of 'feeding the fire' is not doing either party any good.

As I said a few posts ago, I would like to keep the topic of Luke's Pool Resource misuse alive and on topic, to keep it alive that is.

We all don't need to argue or fight with each other.

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 09:05:48 PM

There's no point in everyone fighting amongst themslves.

You have to atleast try and understand the frustration that he is feeling....and a back-and-forth of 'feeding the fire' is not doing either party any good.

As I said a few posts ago, I would like to keep the topic of Luke's Pool Resource misuse alive and on topic, to keep it alive that is.

We all don't need to argue or fight with each other.

bitlane is just another jenkins clone, ignore him.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 03:05:48 AM

BAN ME YOU FUCKIN NAZI FAGGOT GO FOR IT! YOU CAN BURN IN FUCKIN HELL FOR ALL I CARE DIABLO GO SUPPORT SOPA YOU FUCKING DOUCHE AND GO DIE IN A FUCKIN FIRE!

ban worthy?

You mad bro?

Jenkins bro... I've not had to add one person to ignore. Because I figure if someone is speaking openly then they deserve to be read. But jeez man. I looked over at that lil button for the first time tonight. Not that you care about me, but I really would rather not have anyone at all on that stupid list. :/

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:38:45 AM

No one gets banned just for complaining about moderation. Sometimes people get banned for repeatedly complaining about moderation in a thread that has nothing to do with moderation, as this is blatantly off-topic. SupaDupaJenkins was banned for posting walls of spam.

If DiabloD3 or any other mod is doing something wrong, start a thread here in Meta and cite specific examples. I can undo anything that a non-admin moderator does. If your Meta post is deleted, PM me. Only admins can ban people.

Pointing out what kind of human being Luke actually is, and in particular
exposing his fascist views on people who don't share his bronze age
superstitions to people before they consider contributing to his pool (and
therefore to his economic well-being) has always seemed to me a fairly
on-topic subject.

This sounds off-topic. Attacking the person behind an argument is off-topic when the thread is not really about that person.

This kind of thing might be on-topic in a general topic about Eligius, though.

Unfortunately, not so to the mods who systematically remove posts that
simply present factual information about the guy (e.g. his IRC posts).

Post this stuff in a new topic in Off-topic and I very much doubt that it will be deleted.

It's not strongly related to mining, so it might not be safe to put it in the mining section. (I don't read that section at all, and I don't know what criteria DiabloD3 uses to determine whether something belongs in the section.)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:00:25 AM

And from what I have seen going on here in the last few days I very much doubt that is true..

If it is deleted from there, complain about it in a new thread here in Meta.

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:58:16 AM

Just so people know what this is it is a thread some mod made to take posts from different threads and put them in one place.
I did it to save your asses. If I didn't split this off, you all would have kept this going and gotten yourselves banned.

Unfortunately, not so to the mods who systematically remove posts that
simply present factual information about the guy (e.g. his IRC posts).

Post this stuff in a new topic in Off-topic and I very much doubt that it will be deleted.

And from what I have seen going on here in the last few days I very much doubt that is true..
No, it is true. The rules outside of the Mining board are much more relaxed. Not to mention, there are fewer mods out here that can decide to delete your posts. Read into that what you will.

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:16:44 AM

I don't have to read anything thing into to it I already know what your fellow mods are up to and it is just plain fucking disgusting that it is allowed to continue to happen.
It's one mod. And no, I don't like it either. The fact that this is the third complaint this month is just disgusting. My only consolation is that, at least 90% of the time, it hasn't been an issue. That being said, I hate drama, so I won't make it my mission to do anything about it. My concerns are well-known.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 04:39:34 PM

I can take it that since the admin/mods deleted my posts in an on topic thread that they support luke and his immoral ungodly actions? Why is this forum, something that I support with bitcoins weekly doing this? luke is an asshole, he abused his power and broke trust, but this forum broke mine. Why were my posts censored???

WTF is this shit?

I bitched about rogue mods before and guess who it is again... yeah ban me you cock sucker. Censor my ass..

This was deleted and people sometimes get banned for posting this kind of thing because it is obviously off-topic. Discussion of moderation clearly doesn't belong in a topic called "[349 GH] Eligius pool: ~0Fee SMPPS, no reg, RollNtime, hop OK, BTC+NMC merged!". You need to create a new topic about your concerns so that you don't ruin the existing topic.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 06:01:00 PM

What posts has DiabloD3 deleted that should not have been deleted? What posts of Luke-Jr's have not been deleted that should have been deleted?

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:47:33 PM

You're overreacting and not keeping a level head. We do the things we do to make the forum more readable. In fact, by complaining about moderation in the Eligius thread, you quite successfully changed the topic at hand from what was REALLY important (Luke abusing his pool's power) to something extremely trivial. Remind me to do that in the future when I do something extremely stupid, because apparently it works. We're not your enemy - Luke is. In my opinion as a user here, he SHOULD be banned and have his pool blacklisted by the forum, but as a moderator I have to keep my opinion out of things.

@Goat, thanks to me, you made a bunch of money. I hope you remember that.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:17:28 PM

so is there a reason why diablo is still staff? has been getting in trouble at least once a month, and the only thing he does is post in his "want legit 7970 testing?", and randomly banning users.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:02:08 PM

You're overreacting and not keeping a level head. We do the things we do to make the forum more readable. In fact, by complaining about moderation in the Eligius thread, you quite successfully changed the topic at hand from what was REALLY important (Luke abusing his pool's power) to something extremely trivial. Remind me to do that in the future when I do something extremely stupid, because apparently it works. We're not your enemy - Luke is. In my opinion as a user here, he SHOULD be banned and have his pool blacklisted by the forum, but as a moderator I have to keep my opinion out of things.
It's a shame that people don't seem to realize this, and instead bitch and moan when there is the slightest hint of someone disagreeing with their perfect opinion.
I might also note that while Bitcoin itself is decentralized and P2P etc etc, this forum is not, and there are good reasons for that. If you want a decentralized/P2P forum, be my guest - I believe there already is one running on Diaspora.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 09:12:15 PM

What a mess.  Reminds me why I stay out of mining and alt currencies.  

so is there a reason why diablo is still staff? has been getting in trouble at least once a month, and the only thing he does is post in his "want legit 7970 testing?", and randomly banning users.

Just a note, he can't ban anyone, he puts in requests which only an admin (usually theymos) can approve. And theymos is as close to unbiased as you will get since he doesn't participate in the mining section.  

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:58:21 PM

Luke is. In my opinion as a user here, he SHOULD be banned and have his pool blacklisted by the forum

Glad to see someone else hates his homophobic, Bible-thumping, market-cornering, self-righteous ass.

(BFL)^2 < 0
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:41:37 PM

Luke is. In my opinion as a user here, he SHOULD be banned and have his pool blacklisted by the forum

Glad to see someone else hates his homophobic, Bible-thumping, market-cornering, self-righteous ass.
fully agree

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:44:59 PM

fully agree
+1

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 11:13:39 PM

Yeah play this stupid game eh? Your the one in the position to know the dirty dealing going on here and unlike you people I am not for censorship in any form. And this response here tells me you are fully in support of their actions if not in on it yourself this is why they get to continue on. You hypocrites should remember this next time someone does it to btc/this forum like it has happened when they decided to DDOS you and you start with your crocodile tears of but why us, we the only ones allowed to do it to anyone we want, but not have it one to us. The bitcoin project of freedom and openness yeah right sell that crock of shit to someone who is buying and that is not me...

I'm aware of the Eligius controversy, but I haven't seen DiabloD3 do anything wrong in the matter. I don't read the mining section. If he did do something wrong, then someone needs to tell me exactly what he did so I can investigate it. I'm not going to do anything in response to vague complaints of "dirty dealing".

Even if we say that Luke scammed all Eligius pool members by attacking alt chains (which I would disagree with), then he would still not be banned because scammers are not banned from this forum.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: