Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:14:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: High buyers @700,800,900,1000,1200, what will you do with your coins?  (Read 1828 times)
UnDerDoG81 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:10:53 AM

Hey,

im just interested. What will you do with your coins when the BTC price hits the price you bought in? Will you be happy and sell? Or wait and see?

I for me bought @685 and @780 and am pretty happy that we are back over 500 again. I´m not sure at the moment what I will do but I know I did a big mistake to buy that high. Especially after that 10k whale pump to 710 weeks ago. And I would be happy when I can get my invested money back.

I´m pretty sure we will see cheap coins in the future. So what will you high buyers do when BTC hits the price you bought in?
Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:13:27 AM

I hope they are smart and don't sell at the price they bought at.

Whats the point of all the stress and risk and then having the balls to not sell at <$400 just to sell at the entry point and leave with zero gain.  Huh
Zule

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:15:34 AM

And who would sell in an uptrend when he holded during a 3 month downtrend
UnDerDoG81 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:21:00 AM

I hope they are smart and don't sell at the price they bought at.

Whats the point of all the stress and risk and then having the balls to not sell at <$400 just to sell at the entry point and leave with zero gain.  Huh

I´ve gone through the hell so my first goal is to get my money back Cheesy

I dont say I will sell but after every high, the next downtrend will come. And I hope so much I can catch this because until now I only made losses with BTC (if I would have sold).
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:27:39 AM

What is this short term view - money is in BTC with a 2 - 3yr view.
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:28:51 AM

bought @720 and sold @580
bought again below 400 and hold until now
i'll hold until BTC reach $1000  Grin
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:30:25 AM

I'm in it for the long haul.

The most I ever paid for a Bitcoin that I didn't sell was just about $1,000.

I have been buying in bunches all the way down to $480.

I'd have to sell/spend them all at an average rate of about $670 to break even.

Then again IDGAF, it's all about HODLing.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 4569

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:45:42 AM

I was a "high buyer" at $700 back before the price collapsed when Gox imploded.

I was also a "high buyer" at $151 a little over a year ago. I didn't sell last autumn when the price finally got back up over $151. Instead I bought more coins. I bought a few more over this past weekend while the price was unreasonably low.

I didn't sell the coins I bought for $68, so why would I sell the coins I bought for $700?

frienemy

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

I was promised da moon

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:04:37 AM

bought @720 and sold @580
bought again below 400 and hold until now
i'll hold until BTC reach $1000  Grin

Selling at 1000 USD would be a stupid idea, because right then it will have become clear that the next big rallye is about to start. You will sell at 1000 and then maybe look at the price two days later, finding it at 2000, you will think about it for a few more days and then buy back in again at 5000, after that holding it until it crashes to 2500 and you'll end up the same as before...

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:15:22 AM

The real question is: Those who sold sub 400 last week - what are you doing with your Fiat?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
UnDerDoG81 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:19:35 AM

I was a "high buyer" at $700 back before the price collapsed when Gox imploded.

I was also a "high buyer" at $151 a little over a year ago. I didn't sell last autumn when the price finally got back up over $151. Instead I bought more coins. I bought a few more over this past weekend while the price was unreasonably low.

I didn't sell the coins I bought for $68, so why would I sell the coins I bought for $700?

Thats a good strategy! But what makes you believe that the same thing will happen again with this high prices? A raise from $68 to $200 seems way more easy than an raise from $700 to $2000.

I was going to send my last cash to stamp last week to buy @300-400´s but then I thought that if I buy high again and the price will go down to $200 then I´m fucked.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:26:15 AM

The real question is: Those who sold sub 400 last week - what are you doing with your Fiat?
They are probably buying their BTC back today  Grin
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:27:59 PM

what makes you believe that the same thing will happen again with this high prices? A raise from $68 to $200 seems way more easy than an raise from $700 to $2000.

Percentage-wise, they're about the same. A year ago you could have said that a rise from $1 to $32 (as in spring 2011) seems way more easy than a rise from $13 to $266 (winter 2013) or a rise from $50 to $1100 (last autumn) but that's exactly what happened.

We're still all early adopters, even the Johnny-come-lately noobs who've only been on board since the price hit triple digits. Wait until adoption starts to go mainstream.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:33:16 PM

If it hits my average buy price bitcoin is dead for sure Cheesy

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:39:14 PM

If it hits my average buy price bitcoin is dead for sure Cheesy

Yum... gravy.

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:49:51 PM

My avg buy-in price was around $680... I'm definitely waiting and not selling til I at least triple my investment, hopefully more. I wanna wait til at least another huge bubble.

The only investment I want to get out of is my Alt coin investment...I spent 9 BTC on a coin which dropped 95% in value.. I have no idea what to do, at this point I am just hoping some miracle happens if I wait

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Michael Robinson

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:07:27 PM

I bought my bitcoins at $1,050.  While doing so, I told myself "Go big, or go home".   Like some guy on TV who was disagreeing with Warren Buffett about bitcoin said recently "You can lose 100% of your money, or make 120 times your money", and that was exactly my own thought process when buying Bitcoin.   

If you bought Bitcoin just to try and make a little profit, or sell when you break even, you are a fool.  There are far safer, and more traditional, investments you could do this with.  You buy bitcoin to go big, or go home.  If not, you're in the wrong market.   

UnDerDoG81 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:20:10 PM

If you bought Bitcoin just to try and make a little profit, or sell when you break even, you are a fool.  There are far safer, and more traditional, investments you could do this with.  You buy bitcoin to go big, or go home.  If not, you're in the wrong market.   

Well, now we can say that. But 1 week ago, as Bitcoin was "dead" (again) everybody was shaking. Even oldschool members were shaking and saying that this time it is different then all others.

Not sure if this "we are early adopters" thing is true or not. Time will tell. If BTC gets too powerful governments will continue to ban it. If it brings the US Dollar in danger then America will instantly forbid BTC. These are all possible scenarios. But until then I hope we all will be already very rich  Cheesy
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:23:36 PM

I bought my bitcoins at $1,050.  While doing so, I told myself "Go big, or go home".   Like some guy on TV who was disagreeing with Warren Buffett about bitcoin said recently "You can lose 100% of your money, or make 120 times your money", and that was exactly my own thought process when buying Bitcoin.   

You're the perfect fish.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:50:50 PM

Well, now we can say that. But 1 week ago, as Bitcoin was "dead" (again) everybody was shaking. Even oldschool members were shaking and saying that this time it is different then all others.

How the fuck was bitcoin dead one week ago? Maybe to idiots

If you bought Bitcoin just to try and make a little profit, or sell when you break even, you are a fool.  There are far safer, and more traditional, investments you could do this with.  You buy bitcoin to go big, or go home.  If not, you're in the wrong market

Agreed. And I don't believe that we've seen the last exponential growth bubble... I'm hoping for at least one more crazy spike

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████