Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:40:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This rally might be real  (Read 1983 times)
notme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:40:26 PM

I like to consider myself rationally bullish.  The thing that bit me last time was I underestimated the irrational bulls and sold out most of my holdings between 3 and 7.  The thing that amazes me about this rally is that google is only showing pre-May search levels.  When I start seeing higher hype levels, I'll believe the bubble story, but I'm not letting go so easy this time.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:43:49 PM

Id say it looks like we are about to head down around 6.80 or so. Either that or take off but too much resistance built up just below 7.20 for me to think thats going to happen.
notme (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:45:24 PM

Id say it looks like we are about to head down around 6.80 or so. Either that or take off but too much resistance built up just below 7.20 for me to think thats going to happen.

Sure, but I'm talking daily timeframe, not hourly.

bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:48:44 PM

It all depends on how much of a movement this drop causes bitcoinica to affect the market. It affects the markets more than many think because then the trading bots outside of bitcoinica can signal this as a rally or crash executing large orders. It really is fascinating to watch for this reason but makes me nervous every time we see a rapid drop.
ArsenShnurkov
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:49:06 PM

When I start seeing higher hype levels, I'll believe the bubble story.

arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:49:17 PM

I like to consider myself rationally bullish.  The thing that bit me last time was I underestimated the irrational bulls and sold out most of my holdings between 3 and 7.  The thing that amazes me about this rally is that google is only showing pre-May search levels.  When I start seeing higher hype levels, I'll believe the bubble story, but I'm not letting go so easy this time.

fuck google search volume. we wouldn't have gotten this high if some serious traders weren't expecting something. hype is growing in the BTC circles, which are well-established now and don't rely on google searches but rather on browser bookmarks. from the whispers of a reversal early last month to the mid-December rally to the Christmas day rally to the huge buys New Year's Eve, we're on our way up again, bears be damned.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
notme (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:55:07 PM

When I start seeing higher hype levels, I'll believe the bubble story.

Look at the 12 month though... Still way lower than last time we rallied hard.  We aren't overhyped yet.  I doubt the general public will pay a bit of attention until we make new highs and stay there.

arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:06:02 PM

seriously, any evidence that the correlation between google trends and BTC prices should continue? and anyway in a thread discussing the correlation awhile back, it was determined that it actually trails prices rather than predicts them.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
notme (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:10:11 PM

It's just one small indicator among many.  But thanks for trying to protect me from making decisions unwisely.  Disclaimer: google trends data is delayed several days.... Do not allow it to influence your trading decisions without understanding this fact.

arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:25:25 PM

It's just one small indicator among many.  But thanks for trying to protect me from making decisions unwisely.  Disclaimer: google trends data is delayed several days.... Do not allow it to influence your trading decisions without understanding this fact.

i figure that's what this forum is for Smiley

and if we do see BTC bubble 2.0, i wouldn't be surprised if it behaves a lot differently. you can complain about how fundamentals haven't changed all you want, but BTC is one giant mind-game. i don't even think many of the technical indicators normally used by traders apply to this market, which may in turn increase its strangeness even more because many traders are basing their decisions on them anyway.

StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:40:43 PM

It's just one small indicator among many.  But thanks for trying to protect me from making decisions unwisely.  Disclaimer: google trends data is delayed several days.... Do not allow it to influence your trading decisions without understanding this fact.

and if we do see BTC bubble 2.0, i wouldn't be surprised if it behaves a lot differently. you can complain about how fundamentals haven't changed all you want, but BTC is one giant mind-game. i don't even think many of the technical indicators normally used by traders apply to this market, which may in turn increase its strangeness even more because many traders are basing their decisions on them anyway.

I think ultimately the best indicators we have are:
- stay on top of the real-time charts,
- assess the immediate sentiment on Speculation threads,
- go with the rallies when they pop resistance,
- and of course, watch out for Ineedausername's postings !!!

Smiley
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:42:43 PM

- view the our real-time charts,
- assess the immediate sentiment on these Speculation threads,

Smiley

haha inau tends indeed to be suspiciously correct. it's a good thing his latest prediction is starting to look questionable or i might have had to call shenanigans...

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:44:26 PM

- view the our real-time charts,
- assess the immediate sentiment on these Speculation threads,

Smiley

haha inau tends indeed to be suspiciously correct. it's a good thing his latest prediction is starting to look questionable or i might have had to call shenanigans...

I might just be throwing a wrong one out there on purpose Wink

(BFL)^2 < 0
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:46:11 PM

huge correction coming guys, borrowitz-einstein triangulum indicator in the red
cloon

Activity: 387

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:48:48 PM

borrowitz-einstein triangulum indicator in the red

- yes sounds like a very true information...

ps: my heisenberg-hawking-universum-utra-indicator says that too

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:50:48 PM

When you say "huge" correction, could you be more....specific?
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:53:47 PM

borrowitz-einstein triangulum indicator in the red

- yes sounds like a very true information...

ps: my heisenberg-hawking-universum-utra-indicator says that too

Uncouple the Heisenberg compensators!
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:54:15 PM

Are we talking down to $6, $5 ?  More data please....

I'm a professional trader, the triangulum never lies, bro. Once you see a Borrowitz-Einstein triangulum, you know something's gonna happen, it will either go down or go up. That's my advice to you guys: be very careful, it can go either way.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 08:56:40 PM

wait.. a triangulum with 3 edgeums ?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 08:57:07 PM

Are we talking down to $6, $5 ?  More data please....

I'm a professional trader, the triangulum never lies, bro. Once you see a Borrowitz-Einstein triangulum, you know something's gonna happen, it will either go down or go up. That's my advice to you guys: be very careful, it can go either way.

i'm a professional professional trader. don't listen to this amateur. the Borrowitz-Einstein triangulum ensures that it will go up, then down. this guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: