Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:07:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CARB] Carboncoin Logo Competition - 5M Carboncoin Bounty (S-M) [OFFICIAL]  (Read 8578 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:43:00 PM

personally id go for mymenaces metalcarbon ot metal design. Alot of outstanding work here guys! All your efforts are much appreciated!!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pipipipopopo

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:25:23 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 07:40:42 PM by pipipipopopo

Full Size

BTC: 13mTqrqLeg87XUcQFKgHBbnt9USsXiDEqk
MagicSnow

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:17:18 PM

OK guys, I a have had a couple of people saying they would like a few more days to submit their designs, so I think it is probably best to extend this until the end of the weekend.  Then I'll put together a final line up and try to put together some mock ups so we can see how the designs will look in context. 

the contest is over?
danonthehill (OP)

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:26:12 PM

The voting thread will be posted this evening, but still time for last minute submissions in the next few hours!
pipipipopopo

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:10:18 PM

Full size

Full size

BTC: 13mTqrqLeg87XUcQFKgHBbnt9USsXiDEqk
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:15:29 PM

Voting has begun! Please vote on the Coinstack thread:

http://coinstack.org/index.php?topic=93.msg694#msg694
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:40:12 PM

Why can't we vote here? Frankly I am tired of making a bunch of new accounts on other forums just to participate in one or two threads. Keep it on bitcointalk where 99% of your audience actually have accounts.
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:53:08 AM

Voting has begun!

BTW we need to start a poll here for the logo designs because it seems like no one is willing to make an account over at coinstack to vote for a logo (I am one of them).

Yeah ok I understand. I took a fair amount of time to set it up with the different pages etc but not to worry we can do it here.

I think for the time being it would be good for people who care about the branding to go onto the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572288.60 and say a few words both good and bad about a few different designs, over and above simply stating a preference. All feedback will be taken into account. Additionally you can state the number of the designer you prefer there too. Making real comments will give you more influence on the final design than those who are only able to vote.

Twitter voting is to take place this week, and should also be good publicity. Followers will be directed to the other forum and given the opportunity to retweet a post with the number from that thread of their favourite designer which will constitute their vote. The winning designer shall then work with two professional graphic designers I know on the finished item which will be launched with mac wallet (finally) inside the next 2 weeks. We will try to incorporate as much of the design feedback from the thread into the finished item as is tasteful.

I am going to give all of the people who submitted designs some amount of CARB proportionate to their efforts regardless of whether they win or not.

For my 10 cents I totally agree that the hexagonal design from mymenace is very good in the crypto space but I want to see is a final design that doesn't just work here, but also works in the real world, because that is where we are going with this. I imagine trying to get someone who doesn't know about crypto already to invest in Carboncoin and them being utterly scared off by that design.

We're not making a darkcoin, or a blackcoin here we're making a coin which is good for the environment which people should buy because of what it could become. I would like this coin to grow steadily into a secure medium for value exchange, generating a lot of wealth for the environment and those people who buy in early and hold. I dont want to see any pump and dumps, and I am not interested in leaving any bagholders, so please keep this in mind when it comes to the message the branding should try to convey.

1. MagicSnow

Click below for a better resolution:
Project & concept: https://i.imgur.com/xLO1sh6.png

V1 (HD): https://i.imgur.com/nwsy4nk.png
V2 (HD): https://i.imgur.com/IHKaamW.png
V3 (HD): https://i.imgur.com/JwGSPQl.png
V4 (HD): https://i.imgur.com/8kVgi4e.png

2. kussaka

pic.5 edited

And pic.2+pic.3

full size 5: http://postimg.org/image/7tb71c8dn/    http://postimg.org/image/z8hfgl84r/
full size 2: http://postimg.org/image/m9akggh2j/    http://postimg.org/image/cv9ots76z/

3. morphtrust

4. pavondunbar

5. ning_chang

6. ckybe

7. mymenace

32x3264x64128x128

8. pipipipopopo

Periodic table + leaf

Full size

Full size

Full size

Full Size

Full size

Full size

9. Mjbmonetarymetals

[/quote]
Demous

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:16:33 AM

To anyone who submitted a logo design for CarbonCoin I'm giving away 500k to each one of you so please post or PM me your CarbonCoin's address so I can send you the coins. Wink
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:16:49 PM

To anyone who submitted a logo design for CarbonCoin I'm giving away 500k to each one of you so please post or PM me your CarbonCoin's address so I can send you the coins. Wink

Wow! Excellent.
dogechode

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:34:55 PM

I still like this one the best. The overall design, colors, metallic, etc, just a pleasing visual appeal in general.
dogechode

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:36:12 PM

Mymenace's green metallic / brushed metal design is the best IMHO. I like the colors, the style, it's just a visually pleasing design overall and looks professional rather than cartoony.
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:35:32 PM

For me it's between MagicSnow and Kussaka...haven't decided yet.
Demous

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:44:24 PM

First 500k sent to pipipipopopo. I think his design is the one I like most because its simple and green but there is also some great designs like MagicSnow and ning_chang designs.
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:33:56 PM

By popular demand, voting will be done via polls on Twitter and bitcointalk.

Please vote here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599176.new#new
morphtrust

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 09:21:56 AM

my thoughts on the leaf designs is that it might make brand confusion with some people over leaf coin. the tree in the design I think is still a better choice, but for simplicity sake a green layered cloud design for the leaves on top or the triangular design to represent evergreens would be a better choice, with maybe the tree in the C hex shape and we could stick the hex shape on a round coin maybe? can we do mashup designs taking the best of each here and post them for the general use, with out it being a "submission"? and can more than one person win because we used parts from each of them to make the final design???

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:13:12 AM

my thoughts on the leaf designs is that it might make brand confusion with some people over leaf coin. the tree in the design I think is still a better choice, but for simplicity sake a green layered cloud design for the leaves on top or the triangular design to represent evergreens would be a better choice, with maybe the tree in the C hex shape and we could stick the hex shape on a round coin maybe? can we do mashup designs taking the best of each here and post them for the general use, with out it being a "submission"? and can more than one person win because we used parts from each of them to make the final design???

We want this to be a democratic community driven project, so the more discourse the better.  This is still very much a work in progress, so if the community reaches a consensus about what would best represent the coin and it is is not possible through a submitted design then we can work towards that. That said, voting in the poll, will still have a primary role, but i can modify the poll to include additional designs if need be.

I have no problem with anyone presenting any ideas in any form. However, out of respect to the designers and their work, it might be best to dm them to discuss specific ideas.

Personally, I think that although it might be useful, for illustrative purposes to show a rough mock up of the work of two designers combined, ultimately the finished design would be better produced either through direct collaboration of the designers or one of the designers developing their ideas further so there is a knock out winner. The problem is we have several high quality designs with very distinctive styles.

If it turns out that ideas or designs for the winning design are the product of more than one designer, then I will see to it that they are rewarded fairly, even if that means  me donating additional coins to distribute the prize.
morphtrust

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:35:48 AM

to give an idea (since I am not sure what dm means please elaborate) and hopefully to get the original designers to do something with this possibly, here is what I was thinking might be able to allow us to have two designs that bring it all to the table with no chance of brand confusing (I love the leaf design personally so anything that can make it possible)

hopefully neither designer is upset that their design would be modified to incorporate anothers work but maybe they can modify it their own way to keep it purely their own design with this just being something to shake up someones juices lol

ps, I want nothing to do with any prize or anything, so I am not claiming anything here, just presenting an idea is all Smiley

also though I understand that some might be scared of a hex shaped coin instead of being round, I think many would like to have one as such so having the design set into a round shape coin, would allow disconnecting the hex from the round later to make a hex coin, and minting one the way they do with bitcoin storage wallets as a gold silver or some base metal coin, I think would be awesome and fairly easy to do, using a hex shaped design, giving a sort of futuristic money feel to it Smiley

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:42:19 AM

I really like that idea.  It will be interesting to see what everyone else thinks.

BTW: DM = Direct Message
wendy5

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:43:52 AM

I don‘t know the meaning of coin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: