Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:26:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica competition please  (Read 1135 times)
alan2here (OP)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 11:40:15 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2012, 12:04:57 AM by alan2here

Can Bitcoinica get some competition please. This potentially strengthens Bitcoinica as well.

So we could have...

Any positive leverage we like, instead of having to choose from a number of possible leverages.

None of this spread stuff, lets have a for example fixed 1%, or better still Gox level of fee for each buy or sell thats not leveraged like it is at the moment and where the only thing taken into account is the price the moment you pressed buy or sell.

And a more newbie friendly interface, this could mean just rewording things a bit.

Who's up for the challenge?

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 12:08:45 AM

they've been stuck in red flag most of the day. 

i think his profits suffer when we have unidirectionality like now when no one wants to sell.  more trading, more profits.
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 12:11:54 AM

I believe it uses your entire balance to calculate your forced liquidation price, so say you have 100 BTC in your account and have it set to 10:1, if you limit yourself to trading with 250 BTC only, its exactly the same thing as having it set to 2.5:1. So really, you have any leverage you want up to 10:1, just limit your trades on your own.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 12:57:40 AM

I believe it uses your entire balance to calculate your forced liquidation price, so say you have 100 BTC in your account and have it set to 10:1, if you limit yourself to trading with 250 BTC only, its exactly the same thing as having it set to 2.5:1. So really, you have any leverage you want up to 10:1, just limit your trades on your own.
Yes from what I understand your leverage is dynamic.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 04:03:27 AM

Exactly. The leverage depends on trades only. Maintenance margin requirement has nothing to do with leverage either. The account leverage setting is just a upper limit that helps customers.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: