Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CommunityCoin falling rapidly ** dev debunked ** breaking news GET OUT  (Read 2020 times)
eightspaces (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:23:31 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
CommunityCoin News

Dev just decided to announce that he 'lost' 200 million
(which was debunked as just a lie, cuz the coins are to use for his own, for slowly staking and dumping)

evil way to kid the community.  CONGRATULATIONS DEV, U ROCK. awesome idea  Cheesy but: EVIL.

Price already -238%, get out while u can before the coins are worthless

and while dumping onto still existing buy orders (just 10 BTC total) PLEASE be sorry to those who still have the buy orders. theyll be sitting on the worthless coins Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:28:55 PM

PSA: Manually distributed coins are doomed to fail. Even if a giant, glaring, obvious scam like this didn't happen, the questions will always rip the coin apart before it achieves real adoption. Stop investing in them.

'Lost' 200m. Lol.
cryptowho

Activity: 182

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:32:32 PM

well since this thread will get a lot of attention :

I know the community coin attracted a lot of old member. Well if have some skills and are free, join our coin's team ?
Looking for:

• coders
  • web-dev
  • coin-devs

We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.

------------------

that being said. on the topic now..

i have been screaming transperancy on this coins for week. How come no one mentions the fact that the dev had all those coins sitting there for weeks. all those extra stake. where did they go?

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 11:56:44 PM

A fool and his money and all that. Stop trusting people that don't deserve it

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:02:39 AM

Communitycoin will share the same fate of all distributed coins. Coin2, Premine and etc. They all had 1 major rise(pump, bull rise.. etc) and then colapse.

The general trend is these coins gets a massive buy-in or maniuplation then collapse due to the sell off from everyone. Generally, they will see 1 more rise before settling in the place they should.

We know A LOT about most alternative coins at www.CoinsSource.com
Check out our ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572303.msg6238910#msg6238910
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:06:19 AM

FairCoin scam was the same  Undecided
KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:13:37 AM

FairCoin scam was the same  Undecided

Happen to read that paper that the dev of Noblecoin posted a month or so back? He prophesized the next wave of scam coins to be "honest" (appearing) coins after the last wave of scam country coins. Had to laugh when a coin called Faircoin popped up. And CommunityCoin is basically the same angle. That guy was dead on.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:51:16 AM

Do you have proof to back up your claim, OP?  I don't see a quote anywhere on here or in the CC thread.  I don't care one way or another.
ouchmefoot

Activity: 198

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:07:13 AM

No idea what you've got against COMM but how can a coin value be -238%?   -100% would be 0 and you can't go any more negative than that.

Take your hate and bullshit maths somewhere else.

PostCoin:PYrnF6rLzvERtS73rRc76fpP4QCKP2WJS4
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:10:53 AM

Wasn't NEM the first 'community coin' and then people decided to copy its' IPO and distribution?
NEM hasn't released yet, though.  Long development but it takes time to release something which isn't a Bitclone.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
unibean

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:40:08 AM

No idea what you've got against COMM but how can a coin value be -238%?   -100% would be 0 and you can't go any more negative than that.

COMM/BTC  -200% as i'm typing, it's from the initial price or as per poloniex.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:56:12 AM

No idea what you've got against COMM but how can a coin value be -238%?   -100% would be 0 and you can't go any more negative than that.

Yes the great think about the (normal) market is while you can gain 200%, 300% 1000% etc you can only ever lose 100% Wink
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:14:45 AM

I'm not going to speak of the merits or lack there of for the coin, but the current price is simply due to the 2nd 'airdrop', so to speak ... or 2nd stake given out.

For some comparisons, I believe the coin was around 10-20 sats for most of the time it was on allcrypt, and inched up to 100-200ish on Bittrex ...  and got a bit higher on Poloniex. Now it's sitting around 70. It just appears like a normal market correction to me.

Whenever I see someone yelling sell ...  it usually means it's time to buy. They want to scoop up cheap coins.
When people scream hold!  ... I consider selling.
CryptoSteam

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:35:20 AM

I'm not going to speak of the merits or lack there of for the coin, but the current price is simply due to the 2nd 'airdrop', so to speak ... or 2nd stake given out.

For some comparisons, I believe the coin was around 10-20 sats for most of the time it was on allcrypt, and inched up to 100-200ish on Bittrex ...  and got a bit higher on Poloniex. Now it's sitting around 70. It just appears like a normal market correction to me.

Whenever I see someone yelling sell ...  it usually means it's time to buy. They want to scoop up cheap coins.
When people scream hold!  ... I consider selling.

I was involved in the CommunityCoin and got my first stake. Then, they didn't add my name to the second list even after I did a lot to promote the coin.

Then, the developer claimed to have lost 200 million coins. A developer? Someone who can code, but cannot back up the coins? It smelt fishy.

Then, I keep reading so many good people getting burned and not receiving a stake after they have done so much for the community. I started to realize that its a total scam and it made me think the dev is holding the coins to dump later.

So I got out as quickly as possible. Too bad I didn't sell when it was approaching 200 sats. Instead got out at 75 sats. I'm sure glad I did.

After all the promoting I did for CommunityCoin, I deserved the initial stake and would have promoted the hell out of the coin if I had received the 2nd stake.

This coin is a joke and I encourage anyone who holds CommunityCoin to cash out. The Dev holds the majority of the coin and lets all leave him as a bagholder of a worthless coin.

cryptowho

Activity: 182

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:41:33 AM

well since this thread will get a lot of attention :

I know the community coin attracted a lot of old member. Well if have some skills and are free, join our coin's team ?
Looking for:

• coders
  • web-dev
  • coin-devs

We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.[/color]

Join Karmacoin guys.  Grin

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:47:49 AM

I was involved in the CommunityCoin and got my first stake. Then, they didn't add my name to the second list even after I did a lot to promote the coin.

Then, the developer claimed to have lost 200 million coins. A developer? Someone who can code, but cannot back up the coins? It smelt fishy.

Then, I keep reading so many good people getting burned and not receiving a stake after they have done so much for the community. I started to realize that its a total scam and it made me think the dev is holding the coins to dump later.

So I got out as quickly as possible. Too bad I didn't sell when it was approaching 200 sats. Instead got out at 75 sats. I'm sure glad I did.

After all the promoting I did for CommunityCoin, I deserved the initial stake and would have promoted the hell out of the coin if I had received the 2nd stake.

This coin is a joke and I encourage anyone who holds CommunityCoin to cash out. The Dev holds the majority of the coin and lets all leave him as a bagholder of a worthless coin.

I honestly have no idea how the dev decided to award the 2nd stake to some and not others. I do agree that it appeared there were people who actively wanted to promote the coin, and had been promoting it, who did not get the 2nd stake. Maybe some sold off some of their coins, or had a past history of some trolling, or did something fishy that broke one of the devs rules. I am not saying any of those were the reason you weren't given coins... just why some may not have gotten them.

Part of the problem with any giveaway like this is, it'll never be 100% fair. It's just the way it is. Mistakes will be made or the devs will have rules that don't make sense to everyone. And something to be expected is that those who feel slighted in some way, will turn around and lash out against the coin. It's human nature.

My personal view is ... hey, it's free. I mean, if you did nothing at all, never signed up, you would have gotten zero btc out of it. I guess I just view it like if something is given away free, my expectations are lower and I also don't think there is a lot to complain about.

The 'lost coins' are definitely an issue. But it's not a dealbreaker to me, as far as selling/dumping. The trick with any coin here is to know when to get in, and when to get out. 75 sats probably is selling too low, considering the coin just hit exchanges this week (not counting allcrypt). If it hits a larger exchange, expect a bounce or two. Even if you want to get out, think something shady is going on, or are just angry you didn't get a 2nd stake, I don't think this is the best time to sell.

But we'll see. I won't tell anyone to hold, anyone to sell. But it's best to try to remove emotion from any decision.
CryptoSteam

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:53:13 AM

I honestly have no idea how the dev decided to award the 2nd stake to some and not others. I do agree that it appeared there were people who actively wanted to promote the coin, and had been promoting it, who did not get the 2nd stake. Maybe some sold off some of their coins, or had a past history of some trolling, or did something fishy that broke one of the devs rules. I am not saying any of those were the reason you weren't given coins... just why some may not have gotten them.

Part of the problem with any giveaway like this is, it'll never be 100% fair. It's just the way it is. Mistakes will be made or the devs will have rules that don't make sense to everyone. And something to be expected is that those who feel slighted in some way, will turn around and lash out against the coin. It's human nature.

My personal view is ... hey, it's free. I mean, if you did nothing at all, never signed up, you would have gotten zero btc out of it. I guess I just view it like if something is given away free, my expectations are lower and I also don't think there is a lot to complain about.

The 'lost coins' are definitely an issue. But it's not a dealbreaker to me, as far as selling/dumping. The trick with any coin here is to know when to get in, and when to get out. 75 sats probably is selling too low, considering the coin just hit exchanges this week (not counting allcrypt). If it hits a larger exchange, expect a bounce or two. Even if you want to get out, think something shady is going on, or are just angry you didn't get a 2nd stake, I don't think this is the best time to sell.

But we'll see. I won't tell anyone to hold, anyone to sell. But it's best to try to remove emotion from any decision.

I can understand the part about timing the market to get out but I refuse to try to profit of this. I got out simply because I didn't believe in what the dev just did in the past 2 days.

It's chump change to me and I got out because the devs have burned so many people and i will not support this coin any longer.

I have other coins to focus on right now.
Casu

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:12:46 AM

Looks like some people are butt-hurt about not getting accepted in the the 2nd round and are using this as en excuse to try and destroy the coin. I notice nobody bothered to mention the fact that there is already a fix on github to blacklist this wallet for the future.

Also, a drop of more than 100% would mean that the coins had a negative value. How stupid are you? Especially unibeam. Jesus.
OmarGsPools

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:14:28 AM

Hey, I've been mining forexcoin and it seems like its just getting started. The dev team seems capable of delivering. Check out the thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=517319.0

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:16:02 AM

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1] 2 »  All