Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:52:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I didn't pay capital gains tax on bitcoin sales to IRS today  (Read 24012 times)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:23:31 AM

Because you did not pay your taxes there is a road somewhere that will disappear.

Good God, how brainwashed are the American people?

Gas taxes pay for roads.

Property taxes pay for schools.

ANY public good you receive is paid for by taxes OTHER then the income tax.

100% of the income tax goes to pay interest on the debt (in other words, back into the Banksters pockets).

This was all done by design.  They turned you all in to mind numb slaves.  And with the ignorance Elwar is displaying here you can understand how they got away with it.

You want to be a good American?  Keep your wealth in your community where it truly does benefit your fellow Americans.  And go to whatever means are necessary to keep it out of the hands of the Banksters.

No, all taxes pay for roads.

Without taxes, roads disappear and we fall into big holes in the ground if we want to leave the house.

Do you hate children?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:26:41 AM

Without taxes, roads disappear and we fall into big holes in the ground if we want to leave the house.

Do you hate children?

Taxes pay for illegal wars. Taxes pay for police brutality. Taxes pay for unprecedented spying on innocent Americans.

The US, like all other advanced industrial economies, is a tax farm. It's citizens are obedient tax cows, being milked.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:32:47 AM

Because you did not pay your taxes there is a road somewhere that will disappear.

Gas taxes pay for roads.

100% of the income tax goes to pay interest on the debt (in other words, back into the Banksters pockets).

This was all done by design.  They turned you all in to mind numb slaves.  And with the ignorance Elwar is displaying here you can understand how they got away with it.

You want to be a good American?  Keep your wealth in your community where it truly does benefit your fellow Americans.  And go to whatever means are necessary to keep it out of the hands of the Banksters.

Do you hate children?

Elwar you are dead wrong!  Roads existed BEFORE the income tax.  Not 1 red cent of the income tax goes toward any public good.  The Government's own Grace commission proved this!

The ignorance you're displaying now only further make the case for how the Federal Reserve & the Banksters have been able to get away with such a fraud for so long.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:56:59 AM

I appreciate you taking the time to point out how silly the regulations are.  I tend to agree and the last thing on my mind is worrying about paying more taxes to the IRS especially for using BTC.
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:12:40 AM

It'll take some time but I'm pretty sure the government will start regulation transactions within the US
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:18:42 AM

1. people will find other ways to not need FIAT, thus not needing to claim FIAT gains
Isn't spending bitcoins a tax event, meaning you must account for the fiat value of any gains regardless (i.e. fiat value of the goods or services you purchase minus fiat value of the bitcoins when you acquired them)?  The tax ruling was not just about converting BTC to fiat.
WindMaster

Activity: 347

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:37:05 AM

Are you trying to Poke a Beehive of angry bees?

Nonsense, these are clearly calm, soft, cuddly bees.

The angry bees are hiding over here:

vpitcher07

Activity: 342

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:31:02 PM

fuck me i forgot to report my $10 income from mining. Damn now i have to go sacrifice my soul to the IRS.

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:33:00 PM

Gas taxes pay for roads.

This was all done by design.  They turned you all into mind numb slaves.  And with the ignorance Elwar is displaying here you can understand how they got away with it.

good point....if you are not throwing around 10k orders to knc in sweden...and your bank messes up 3x for a redo...kinda rings some bells in IRS land....

if it can't work as a 'legit' pt business (bitcoin) there are 'other' less hazardous things i can work at for fiat that can't be traced

gold/silver.....make an ebay store (IRS an't chasing them yet) etc..just don't need the hassle....and with the stupid wire xfers
to get the miners in the first place...well ...good thing i paid my taxes to IRS this year ..thats for sure....

but yeah it is up to usa citizen to report..'self-reporting" is the law in this country..ie you get in more trouble by NOT attempting to tell the IRS your taxes (or avoiding) then just paying your share imho

by the by both President Ronald Reagan and Obama would like to just HAVE the IRS figure out your taxes......was done that way 1 yr in calififornia 90% said they would do it that way...if you have the means to tell if i cheat you have the means to do the taxes....they do your taxes..you have options to do your own or sign off on what they say you own...it is shot down in congress each year....billions are made by CPA's and others on Tax Returns....but each year a new wrinkle in the tax code pops up in your favor and the IRS uses the tweak...suddenly they are your hero.....(weird concept..but then again we sent men to the moon with the computing power of my digital watch so go figure...)

but yeah....90% of all IRS forms now are done electronically i guess in this country it is doable according to the studies.....but a lot like bitcoin....banks don't like bitcoin..tax accountants sure don't like the above idea..have the income of accountants would go poof imho

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bbeagle

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

fuck me i forgot to report my $10 income from mining. Damn now i have to go sacrifice my soul to the IRS.

You guys are ridiculous.

The IRS doesn't care how many bitcoins you have. They don't care about your frickin' blockchain!!!!! It's just like they don't care how many beanie babies you have stored in your garage! You can have 1,000,000 bitcoins in your wallet and the IRS won't care. You don't owe them a dime for that.

They will only see transactions going in and out of your bank accounts. If there is high activity or high dollar amounts, the IRS will question it. Or if they see big purchases you've made, the IRS will question it. That's it!

If you made $10 income from mining, it's just like having a lemonade stand and making $10. The IRS doesn't give a crap about it.

If you're able to keep everything you do in bitcoins and cash without going through any bank accounts or leaving any paper trails - you'll most likely fly under the radar to the IRS. But if you pay cash for anything large, like a car, it will be reported by the car dealer, then the IRS will look into everything you do. So, you CAN fly under the radar for most things, but live a real life, and you'll find out you can't. You can't get a loan unless you have a credit record, which means you need a bank account, etc. etc.

whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:09:51 PM

The IRS already knows who you are and what you owe, OP.

And the funniest part is... they are not going to do a single thing about it... because you will deliver yourself to them on a silver platter sooner or later.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
5flags

Activity: 224

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 01:17:02 PM

This post serves as an important reminder that even in a community like ours, there are still a great many obedient tax cows.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 01:19:04 PM

This post serves as an important reminder that even in a community like ours, there are still a great many obedient tax cows.
Some people just don't want the hassle. They'd rather pay their taxes than worry that they'll receive a letter from good ol' IRS. Not all of us are ready to save the world, you know.

Bronstad

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:33:44 PM

I paid my taxes, I even went back and amended my 2011 and 2012 returns for the coins I mined back then. It's not a political statement, it's a 'I don't want to go to jail' when I sell statement. I choose to live here, I'm going to abide by the current laws. Doesn't mean I necessarily agree with all of them, especially the mining tax, but whatever. I hope your decision works out for you, I really do.
nkocevar

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:43:04 PM

how would they know if you kept your money earned in Fiat after trading from bitcoins? Do they have access to the trading accounts?

Bronstad

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:53:08 PM

how would they know if you kept your money earned in Fiat after trading from bitcoins? Do they have access to the trading accounts?

Not directly, but when that $100K hits your bank account, your bank will definitely let the IRS know about it. If you were then audited, you need to have a provable explanation on where that money came from. With the IRS they don't have to prove you guilty, you have to prove you're innocent.
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:53:17 PM

Some people just don't want the hassle. They'd rather pay their taxes than worry that they'll receive a letter from good ol' IRS. Not all of us are ready to save the world, you know.
Ok, so you guys don't pay taxes, because you want to save the world, not because you want to keep the money?
That's really nice of you ...

(No, wonder the USA is going to shit)

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:58:44 PM

it's going to be entirely less funny when they do audit him and they have logs of him posting bragging about it on here and then he's trying to make an "oh I didn't know I had to do that" defense.
bbeagle

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:59:45 PM

Ok, so you guys don't pay taxes, because you want to save the world, not because you want to keep the money?

It's a lot easier to pay taxes now on the mined bitcoins from previous years when the bitcoins weren't worth much. It's only a few hundred dollars. Then, in the future, when cashing out the btc, I won't have to worry about questions like 'where did I get the btc' 'why didn't you report it'. etc. etc. I might never be audited or asked, but to me, it's so little that it makes me feel better. Like buying insurance for my laptop. I don't need to, but it makes me feel better.

A few hundred dollars is 'nothing' in the scheme of things. It all depends what a few hundred is worth to you. To me, it's less than 0.25% of my income, so I don't mind to feel safe. It's not worth it to risk a quarter of a percent on much larger hassles to fight the IRS or pay penalties down the road.

nkocevar

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:09:06 PM

It's a lot easier to pay taxes now on the mined bitcoins from previous years when the bitcoins weren't worth much. It's only a few hundred dollars. Then, in the future, when cashing out the btc, I won't have to worry about questions like 'where did I get the btc' 'why didn't you report it'. etc. etc. I might never be audited or asked, but to me, it's so little that it makes me feel better. Like buying insurance for my laptop. I don't need to, but it makes me feel better.

A few hundred dollars is 'nothing' in the scheme of things. It all depends what a few hundred is worth to you. To me, it's less than 0.25% of my income, so I don't mind to feel safe. It's not worth it to risk a quarter of a percent on much larger hassles to fight the IRS or pay penalties down the road.

Jeez I only made $2400 this year before taxes. Then again im 15.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: