Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:18:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I didn't pay capital gains tax on bitcoin sales to IRS today  (Read 24029 times)
Rum152

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:44:45 AM

The last couple months there have been a lot of posts concerning the IRS ruling that bitcoins are to be treated as property and that it was required to pay a capital gains tax on the sale of bitcoins. Some people even posted that "bitcoin is doomed" because of the ruling.

To prove just how silly it is for people to worry about this, I created this thread to call out the IRS to prove what I owe in capital gains due to bitcoin sales.

So if there are any IRS employees trolling this thread, you're welcome to pour over the blockchain and tell me what I owe you.  Wink

this is not smart. The IRS can do a lot of damage to you and you can go to jail for not paying taxes. It is really not worth not paying what you owe the IRS.

If you don't agree with tax policy I would recommend trying to elect politicians with different tax views

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 07:09:41 PM

The last couple months there have been a lot of posts concerning the IRS ruling that bitcoins are to be treated as property and that it was required to pay a capital gains tax on the sale of bitcoins. Some people even posted that "bitcoin is doomed" because of the ruling.

To prove just how silly it is for people to worry about this, I created this thread to call out the IRS to prove what I owe in capital gains due to bitcoin sales.

So if there are any IRS employees trolling this thread, you're welcome to pour over the blockchain and tell me what I owe you.  Wink

this is not smart. The IRS can do a lot of damage to you and you can go to jail for not paying taxes. It is really not worth not paying what you owe the IRS.

If you don't agree with tax policy I would recommend trying to elect politicians with different tax views

That would require the worst possible evil to not "win" every election that counts.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:28:45 PM

If a producer of food were to not adhere to food safety rules then consumers could potentially die. This would likely result in the producer going out of business. With regulations this could be prevented.

The regulations and regulators must be paid for with taxes
It is a shame that people pay the taxes because that DOES support regulation and that DOES prevent it from happening.  As a result more people are alive (which is good), but there are loads of food producers that don't create healthy food and are slowly killing everyone (which is bad, and outweighs the good of those few still being alive by several magnitudes).  If we stopped supporting the regulation, we could get rid of the bad actors because they would no longer be protected from their small, agile, and often healthier competitors.  Free the market, and you end up improving the world.  Regulate it, and you make it more fragile.  

Speaking of which, I just read and enjoyed Nassim Tableb's "Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder."  I recommend it!

You have the be the most ignorant person I've ever seen. Please get some STATISTICS. Without those regulations that your anarchy mind finds annoying, half of us would be dead from disease, crime, etc etc. GROW UP.

Without the regulations that our "anarchy minds find annoying", at best 170,000,000 innocent civilians would have died natural deaths in the 20th century instead of being "regulated" to death by their own governments, according to researchers.

Im not saying governments dont do many stupid things, but they also do many good things which outway the stupid things....They provide Healthcare, Fixing/building roads, hospitals, schools, etc etc, providing a military, medicare, unemployment benefits, etc etc, and A lot of the things governments provide are Cheap or Free, even for those not paying taxes(obama even made it possible for illegal immigrants to get schooling etc)

So all you crazy anarchists are living in your own deluded reality. Without the government, this world(or country, USA) would be in total Chaos. Think before you guys make stupid comments like Ive seen in this thread.

I am no anarchist, but the idea that we need government to do all of the stuff you list is simply not true. There are private buildings, roads, hospitals, schools, soldiers, health insurance, employment insurance and so on.  

One question, did you not go to school? Because everything you said is entirely wrong...

Just so you know, the reason there are public schools, is because Companies wouldnt support many schools simply because they have no way to earn substantial income with them, thats why the number of private schools is extremely extremely extremely small compared to the number of public schools in existence, same for insurance, military, building of roads, and hospitals, etc etc.

Governments offer the things that companies don't. Learn economics, without the government, we would lack in almost every aspect of life, there would be no healthcare, no public schools, no public transportation, no roads/highways, no hospitals, no pensions etc etc etc. Please learn these basic things, I think the real reason there are so many "anarchists" on this forum is because they are ignorant and/or uneducated.

You anarchists sound dumber by the day...
7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:38:38 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 04:32:04 PM by 7Priest7

Sir/Madam

Stay inside your box.
Remain a lemming!
Go to work, go home, sleep, pay taxes, go to work, go home, sleep, pay taxes, repeat until death.

Do not question, do not doubt, your government loves you and will never do anything wrong.
We thank you for your obedience and look forward to your continued servitude.

On a more serious note: The best slaves are the ones who do not realize they are enslaved.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:53:06 AM

Sir/Maddam

Stay inside your box.
Remain a lemming!
Go to work, go home, sleep, pay taxes, go to work, go home, sleep, pay taxes, repeat until death.

Do not question, do not doubt, your government loves you and will never do anything wrong.

On a more serious note: The best slaves are the ones who do not realize they are enslaved.

True but you mis-spelled "madam" and the lemming thing has been disproven.

Even so, you get :

+1

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
SHA255

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:19:10 PM

Sir/Madam

Stay inside your box.
Remain a lemming!

The government does allow citizens to make changes via democracy
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 10:54:11 PM

Sir/Madam

Stay inside your box.
Remain a lemming!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JdFs87ua_1s/TSQD4V7gUVI/AAAAAAAAJYU/xv48P5_adK0/s1600/I_Want_Your_Money_UncleSam.jpg

Democracy is not a bunch of tyrants deciding who "won" the election by pulling numbers out of their asses that always seem to favor the worst possible evil, where it counts (despite non-government run polls saying the results should have gone clearly another way).

Cryptographically verifiable elections or we can continue go fucking ourselves thinking there is any defense whatsoever against tyranny.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Inotanewbie

Activity: 252

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:07:29 AM

Sir/Madam

Stay inside your box.
Remain a lemming!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JdFs87ua_1s/TSQD4V7gUVI/AAAAAAAAJYU/xv48P5_adK0/s1600/I_Want_Your_Money_UncleSam.jpg

Democracy is not a bunch of tyrants deciding who "won" the election by pulling numbers out of their asses that always seem to favor the worst possible evil, where it counts (despite non-government run polls saying the results should have gone clearly another way).

Cryptographically verifiable elections or we can continue go fucking ourselves thinking there is any defense whatsoever against tyranny.
Cryptographically verifiable elections are easier to manipulate then elections held in the US today.

With today's elections, anyone is allowed to go to a voting area and watch the voting process to make sure that everything is being done by the proper procedure, and people do go to voting locations, there are often several at each location.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:12:34 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 02:18:28 AM by TheButterZone

Everyone is not allowed to know that their vote was actually counted accurately. End-to-end observation access is simply impossible to provide to the millions of people under a single County Registrar of Voters.

LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:34:24 AM

The USA is not  and never has been a Democracy.

Corporations For Crypto
7Priest7

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:54:22 AM

Everyone is not allowed to know that their vote was actually counted accurately. End-to-end observation access is simply impossible to provide to the millions of people under a single County Registrar of Voters.

For the presidential election it makes no diffrence anyhow. The presidential election is just a waste of the citizens time seeing as how the electoral college ultimately decides.

Laws themselves rarely see popular vote. You can vote for your officials who decide your local laws. Laws in their entirety are against the ideal of freedom in which we established this country hoping for. The overwhelming majority of laws are unconstitutional in my opinion. An absence of all laws would be true freedom and anarchy at the same time. There really is no perfect balance in this world. A person could move to countries with fewer laws(more freedom) the tradeoff would be less safety and recourse against those who wrong you.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 05:55:34 AM

For the presidential election it makes no diffrence anyhow. The presidential election is just a waste of the citizens time seeing as how the electoral college ultimately decides.

Laws themselves rarely see popular vote. You can vote for your officials who decide your local laws. Laws in their entirety are against the ideal of freedom in which we established this country hoping for. The overwhelming majority of laws are unconstitutional in my opinion. An absence of all laws would be true freedom and anarchy at the same time. There really is no perfect balance in this world. You can move to countries with less laws(more freedom) the tradeoff would be less safety and recourse against those who wrong you.

I think you mean fewer laws.

Corporations For Crypto
7Priest7

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:58:50 AM

I think you mean fewer laws.
Instead of focusing on minor grammatical oversights, you could attempt to contribute to the discussion.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 07:19:21 AM

Laws themselves rarely see popular vote. You can vote for your officials who decide your local laws. Laws in their entirety are against the ideal of freedom in which we established this country hoping for. The overwhelming majority of laws are unconstitutional in my opinion. An absence of all laws would be true freedom and anarchy at the same time. There really is no perfect balance in this world. A person could move to countries with fewer laws(more freedom) the tradeoff would be less safety and recourse against those who wrong you.

I'll gladly trade off the very laws that guarantee less safety for everyone except violent criminals, like "gun control". Once those are gone, more safety.

cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:41:32 PM

Just a lot of stupid shit trolling going on here now. I think I proved my point that the IRS has NO IDEA how many bitcoins I possess, nor do they have any idea how many I've traded or for how much.

Most of you are just pussies (darkota) and/or brainwashed and lacking any critical thinking skills (LostDutchman).

Go on and keep paying for your warfare/welfare state. Your ideas are old and immoral and your arguments all reduce to nothing more than threats and ad hominem attacks. I think you've done a wonderful job of helping me prove that.

Thread locked.

I'm grumpy!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  

Jump to: