Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want to see (pure) Proof-of-Stake in PandaCoin (PND)?
Yes!
No!
Bring merged mining with DOGE instead!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Should PandaCoin (PND) add PoS?  (Read 6366 times)
poochi

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:39:32 AM

I don't think merged mining is the solution for the following reasons:
- it's still the same old PoW: biggest rigs control majority of coins
- it is not ASIC proof, hence the above
- dumpers are still going to dump, price is, unfortunately, a measurement of success
- playing devil's advocate: getting something for free does not mean I will support the coin. It's a bonus to sell to the market and I bet that multipools will implement this very quickly and the majority of coins mined will be dumped (at least currently despite lower hash rate we have supporters holding majority of newly mined coins

Here is the only thing that's positive: we "may" get more people with PND wallet, but that doesn't mean they will keep a balance in the wallet.  

For all the above, I believe PoS is the future and generosity from existing holders to distribute coins through marketing, faucets, bounties, donations etc are the way to go.

We need to focus on slowly raising the PND value, the community, awareness, and ecosystem to move this coin forward.  

If they want to support, mining at our multipool, visit a faucet, do something positive to claim the bounty, or buy from the exchange are still viable ways to get involved.  Or, provide a service or sell some goods to get your PND.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sakr

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:56:51 AM

I voted for MM, as i think it's a new idea which might bring a lot of attention to pnd, also considering the big hash rate of doge, many people would get involved in pnd in one way or the other, but seeing most votes are for PoS, which i'm afraid will not guarantee success as many coins failed with PoS for one reason or the other, i was thinking, if it is technically possible, it would be good to implement both!
Joesixpack9000

Activity: 157

Bohemian Crypto Guardian

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:57:06 AM

I don't think merged mining is the solution for the following reasons:
- it's still the same old PoW: biggest rigs control majority of coins
- it is not ASIC proof, hence the above
- dumpers are still going to dump, price is, unfortunately, a measurement of success
- playing devil's advocate: getting something for free does not mean I will support the coin. It's a bonus to sell to the market and I bet that multipools will implement this very quickly and the majority of coins mined will be dumped (at least currently despite lower hash rate we have supporters holding majority of newly mined coins

Here is the only thing that's positive: we "may" get more people with PND wallet, but that doesn't mean they will keep a balance in the wallet.  

For all the above, I believe PoS is the future and generosity from existing holders to distribute coins through marketing, faucets, bounties, donations etc are the way to go.

We need to focus on slowly raising the PND value, the community, awareness, and ecosystem to move this coin forward.  

If they want to support, mining at our multipool, visit a faucet, do something positive to claim the bounty, or buy from the exchange are still viable ways to get involved.  Or, provide a service or sell some goods to get your PND.

I share very similar views as you, so thanks for putting it out there.

This coin also has something which most of the other POS + Multipools coins don't have - which is a specific targeted niche market to be used as a currency (reflected through the high coin cap @ 100 billion) and a targeted region which is SE Asia. The only semi comparable coin is Asiacoin if we do head towards the POS route, but I firmly believe our coin has superior marketing fundamentals and we wouldn't be crowded amongst the 'country coins' fads which have been propping up left right and center as of late.

Don't get scammed or buy into SHITCOINS with instant mines, fast mines or premines - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins
barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:12:00 AM

definitly POS... and for the miners out here... Use the multipool... we keep the network safe.. you get PND payouts... and there is always volume on exchanges that way...  Wink

merged mining is like being the silver while doge is the gold... just my thoughts on it...

i8

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:04:35 AM

Many POS coins aren't really doing all that well tho, it's very likely that we announce the switch to POS, it gets some interest and we get a price spike, but as soon as the price semi stabilizes, people will start to dump. What do we do then?

Another problems being most active discussions surrounding PND happens on 4chan or IRC, potential new comers not aware of that thinking PND is dead due to the low activity on our BTCT thread and reddit page...

The good thing with merge mining is if we can get the doge folks interested in PND or at least start talking about it, our community will become more active, which will in turn bring in more outside attention. A strong and growing community is the real key to success.

so ask yourself is POS really worth it? It took a long time for this small pnd community to get to where it is today, do you really want to risk it all on POS? It we switch to pos and it fails to catch on, many will lose faith in PND and will be dumping to get out, this could really back fire on us.

On the contrary, MM is a much safer option as well as being a different and refreshing approach. The doge community doesn't have to endorse or even agree with us at first, in fact, we don't need the doge community's approval for MM to happen.

People like to talk about the country coins, well think of this as a country coin for doge miners  as a toke of appreciation for keeping our network running. This will also potentially bring along many future collaboration opportunities. Kinda like an alliance contract if you will.

Let PandaCoin become a symbol of love and peace, it was born to fight evil, and it stayed alive because if the loving community, with merge mining, we can spread our love to even more people!

Imaging a future where PND is merge mined with every coin and everyone owns a piece of PND...

ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ Pandacoin is LOVE! ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
pandacoin-official (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:54:18 PM

This poll will close in 6 minutes.

pandacoin-official (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:02:30 AM

This poll is closed. Thanks to everyone for voting.

kokko99

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 10:35:08 AM

can I ask why the volue is doubled in last 24 h?
pandacoin-official (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:21:22 AM

can I ask why the volue is doubled in last 24 h?

Speculators are rushing in.

Please continue discussion in our main thread. Thank you.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: