Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: will we see a flurry of anon coins now?  (Read 724 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:25:16 AM

Since this is the latest craze will we be seeing a new crop of anon coins?

I bought just a few monero a while back. Is this coin as easy to copy and paste for devs as regular btc clones? Or will this be more resistant to copy cats?

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 11:30:00 AM

We'll see dozens. It'll be fork galore from https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin.

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:15:42 PM

I blame Darkcoin scam. Now everyone is hoping aboard the anoncoin hype train. Check out Monero's 24 hour chart, up over 300%.

Copy-pasta "devs" will have greed in their beady little eyes. You can expect these scumbags to clone coins with actual innovation and further dilute the alt-coin space with 1's and 0's.

Watch out for anoncoins forked from bytecoin/darkcoin/monero with the following traits:

IPO
instamine
premine
shills, cheerleaders and sockpuppets
self-moderated threads
no real innovation, just a few lines of code changed so that they appear new and cutting edge.

The more this cesspool grows, the more people will just go back to fiat. Some people would rather get scammed by the government and not by some 30 year old basement dwelling neckbeard who reeks of cheetos and swamp ass.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:20:41 PM

to be quite honest, i'm not that taken by the anonymity thing. I'm sure it'll be an attraction for some, but personally, it's not something that tickles me an awful lot. I recently got into SYNC, which is another anon-based coin, but the anonymity wasn't something that swayed it for me, I just liked the spec of the coin - seemingly, as have a load of others, which made it all the more difficult for me to mine!

so yeah, to answer the question, we can expect to see an influx of new anonymous coins in the near future.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:21:04 PM

It is pretty clear at this point that the community cannot rely on self restraint to restrict alt coins to ones that truly offer something different.  However, the exchanges are still potential gatekeepers to keep the crap coins from flooding into the market and sucking all the air out of crypto.  However, I would say to date the exchanges have been aggressive about adding coins, maybe that will change?

As tokyo said, there is an easy list of things to look out for, so be careful.

Good Luck.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:36:26 PM

to be quite honest, i'm not that taken by the anonymity thing. I'm sure it'll be an attraction for some, but personally, it's not something that tickles me an awful lot. I recently got into SYNC, which is another anon-based coin, but the anonymity wasn't something that swayed it for me, I just liked the spec of the coin - seemingly, as have a load of others, which made it all the more difficult for me to mine!

so yeah, to answer the question, we can expect to see an influx of new anonymous coins in the near future.

SYNC is anon too? i didn't realise that.

raskul

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:37:37 PM

the new block explorer has encrypted addresses and the dev is advising he is applying more anonymity once PoS begins.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:42:12 PM

everything is anon now, it's the new craze apparently
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:41:57 PM

The more this cesspool grows, the more people will just go back to fiat. Some people would rather get scammed by the government and not by some 30 year old basement dwelling neckbeard who reeks of cheetos and swamp ass.

I want this on a t-shirt Grin Agree 100%

I can see it, a pic of a neckbeard with a line of text
underneath "I'd Rather Get Scammed By The Government"  Grin

“God does not play dice"
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:22:24 PM

the new block explorer has encrypted addresses and the dev is advising he is applying more anonymity once PoS begins.

I see, interesting. Reading about it now. Not sure about the name though. Although i guess names don't matter as much as i once though.

scryptasicminer

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:46:08 PM

Do any of the main exchange deal with these new wave of anon coin?
raskul

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:44:36 AM

Do any of the main exchange deal with these new wave of anon coin?

SYNC is already on coinmarketcap - poloniex and bittrex.  Grin

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:55:39 AM

Darkcoin is a good coin, but pretty slow.
I dont get the whole anonymous thing either.
Its easy to stay private, just keep one address for taking payments and move your coins to another address(s) that you dont disclose to anyone and dont use your real name for trading on the "silk road"

Problem solved Smiley

besides, NXT has been planning an anonymous feature for some time, they are just not in a rush to release it yet.
Plenty of other coins that provide privacy features anyway.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: