Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think 100% pre-mine coins are good or bad
Good - 25 (39.7%)
Bad - 38 (60.3%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think 100% pre-mine coins are good??  (Read 1985 times)
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 12:33:11 PM

Satoshi mined close to a million bitcoins in early days. Today that early mining is known as Instamine

So Bitcoin=Instamined

100% premined POS coin givenaway to people is the way to go. No precious electricity wasted for mining coins and no carbon footprint, and it is actually the most fair way to distribute coins. It also gives interest on total coins you hold.

Don't believe anyone who denies this

Coin2 did just the same - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483847.0

Are you stupid...so the first 1000 or so to get in should control the entire currency? That's fair? You don't believe any counter-arguments, let me guess, because you're a holder in Coin2 and you got in before every one else, also because you're greedy as fuck and only care about making profit off of these 100% pre-mine coins?

Ehh, no, thanks, bye.

Do you even know how much of bitcoin the top 100 wallets are holding? Probably not, but you will know once a single wallet will try to liquidate and crash the whole market
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 12:51:47 PM

Satoshi mined close to a million bitcoins in early days. Today that early mining is known as Instamine

So Bitcoin=Instamined

100% premined POS coin givenaway to people is the way to go. No precious electricity wasted for mining coins and no carbon footprint, and it is actually the most fair way to distribute coins. It also gives interest on total coins you hold.

Are you stupid...so the first 1000 or so to get in should control the entire currency? That's fair? You don't believe any counter-arguments, let me guess, because you're a holder in Coin2 and you got in before every one else, also because you're greedy as fuck and only care about making profit off of these 100% pre-mine coins?

Ehh, no, thanks, bye.

Do you even know how much of bitcoin the top 100 wallets are holding? Probably not, but you will know once a single wallet will try to liquidate and crash the whole market

So people bought a lot, yep. Bill Gates might hold a lot of a certain commodity or currency, you don't see them crashing. People aren't as stupid as you think. Similarly, do you know how much of Coin2 the first 1000 wallets held? 97.5%...

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:52:45 PM

NEM for instance has 3000 stakeholders.  Taint analysis was used to remove hundreds of sockpuppets and the large scale diminishes any return from sockpuppets.

That I find hard to believe, communitycoin tried to distribute to just 1000 geniune and found that hard to do and reduced it the 500 and checks showed that only like 300 odd where proper users etc so I fond 3000 individuals in these parts hard to believe.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:59:44 PM

So Bitcoin=Instamined

Ehh, no, thanks, bye.

So people bought a lot, yep. Bill Gates might hold a lot of a certain commodity or currency, you don't see them crashing. People aren't as stupid as you think. Similarly, do you know how much of Coin2 the first 1000 wallets held? 97.5%...

Yes in the stocks a few people owning most of a stock is viewed in a very positive light, its the sheep that normally panic not the big holders.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:26:51 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 01:38:36 PM by TaunSew

NEM for instance has 3000 stakeholders.  Taint analysis was used to remove hundreds of sockpuppets and the large scale diminishes any return from sockpuppets.

That I find hard to believe, communitycoin tried to distribute to just 1000 geniune and found that hard to do and reduced it the 500 and checks showed that only like 300 odd where proper users etc so I fond 3000 individuals in these parts hard to believe.

NxT had 20,000+ addresses when NEM was announced  NEM was new code based on a proven (but distribution flawed) concept.  Probably a good half or more of thread 1 for NEM were NxT holders like me?

Communitycoin on the other hand has no prior base to attract, has an unappealing unprofessional name and a complicated IPO for what could be worthless coins.  

Sockpuppets are more common for obscure coins.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:35:54 PM

NxT had 20,000+ addresses when NEM was announced.  NEM was new code based on a proven (but distribution flawed) concept.

Communitycoin on the other hand has no prior base to attract, has an unappealing unprofessional name and a complicated IPO for what could be worthless coins.  

Yes but those complications in communitycoin prevented cheating which is why such a limited number qualified, seems if you prevent multi nicks few can get, therefore multi nicks in other coins seem likely to be extremely common and outweigh genuine individual holders.
sienna

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:22:16 PM

NxT had 20,000+ addresses when NEM was announced  NEM was new code based on a proven (but distribution flawed) concept.  Probably a good half or more of thread 1 for NEM were NxT holders like me?

Communitycoin seems to be the fairest distribution so far, and will prove to be far from 'worthless' as you put it. As per OP 100% premine is fine as long as there's an honest and fair distribution.

CoolCoin - Free+IPO POS 30%. CT2cNh32def8ZfWKmxioQxZrh246NvErbd
FootballCoin(FBC):FqhNVVQJKZpVu4jMkEdEMKmEcNArsb1gUT
TheSmurfsCoin. TTjEkBQne2TcbXDABGZ9WxguPi5mX5YKKer
lucky88888

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:23:54 PM

it can be the best way if you have honest devs
comm looks like a very good example so far.

even for nxt, the initial distribution wasn't so good, but the development is amazing and has huge potential for everything we wanted.

in the end if it can take off and take over the current system, then i don't mind if a few early adopters got rich.
i really want to see our world evolving with technology, it is obvious that our current system will not sustain for ever, think outside of greed.
that's why i put so much in nxt even if it didn't have the best first impression.

Fuck Mt.Gox! Fuck Mintpal! Fuck Bter! FUCK kyc! Protect yourself use MGW! SUPERNET!
Recommended ASSET ->InstantDex : Lead Dev Jl777 (decentralized multi currency instant exchange)
Recommended ASSET -> Jinn : Lead Dev Come-from-Beyond (ternary processors!)
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/
bitdraw

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:13:08 PM

a real but utopia way of distribution would be to create 1 stake for every human on earth, and "somehow" by some mysterious
method manage to give 1 coin to each one.

the coins that are not claimed stay in frozen state until they are claimed.

so everyone starts at the same amount...

as i said, kinda utopia
MashRinx

Activity: 389

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:19:57 PM

Communitycoin seems to be the fairest distribution so far, and will prove to be far from 'worthless' as you put it. As per OP 100% premine is fine as long as there's an honest and fair distribution.

And you prove this honest and fair distribution how, exactly?
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 08:21:33 PM

Then you're well-prepared for the coming trollstorm. Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

fast2fix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:12:33 PM

Well there are already 6+ 100%  pre-mine shit coins.STOP supporting them.There's no way any coin has been distributed fairly!!  How would you know if dev's have their alt accounts and sent them the coins which they'll dump it later?
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:38:19 PM

The fairest distribution method for PoS coins is selling the currency.  If you give the coins away for free it is impossible to eliminate multiple stakes.

The only reason people don't like this distribution model is because they aren't getting something for free.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:13:11 AM

yep..it will be good as long as the distribution is fair and transparent and so far only 2 of them are qualify with these 2 factors:
1.Comm
2.C2

bit888coin

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:31:03 PM

I think if your going to have pre mined coins they need to be backed up with an asset. then they will have a value based on the asset, and that will provide price stability as well.

qbd1313

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:22:03 PM

It's only a good idea to invest in these if you are a stupid person
Haha,maybe,but POS is the answer. Cheesy
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:47:50 PM

yep..it will be good as long as the distribution is fair and transparent and so far only 2 of them are qualify with these 2 factors:
1.Comm
2.C2

You kidding right ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572413.0
Dev just decided to announce that he 'lost' 200 million

This is why you never invest in these thievery projects.
I can tell you from experience that any premined coins i've seen are going down like a rock in a water.

those 200m are now blocked, you can sleep quietly
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: