Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:14:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAC] TalkCoin *** OFFICIAL THREAD ***  (Read 63848 times)
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:12:37 PM

1 coin per line is needed to chat or 1 coin to enable chat option?

1 coin per line.  it prevents to write anything.

It's a default value. If it's too expensive, it can always be changed later.

I think it is way too much considering that it will be used for chatting not for internal mesaging. It should be 0.01 max

I agree, once pools jump on this and there are more people mining 1 coin is going to be way too much
Where will go the coins paid to send the message?
Back to the miners?

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
22MCoin

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:14:08 PM

To unlock wallet: Help->Debug window->Console, type walletpassphrase your_wallet_password 600

is this right way to unlock wallet?
badam

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:20:32 PM

1 coin per line is needed to chat or 1 coin to enable chat option?

1 coin per line.  it prevents to write anything.

It's a default value. If it's too expensive, it can always be changed later.

I think it is way too much considering that it will be used for chatting not for internal mesaging. It should be 0.01 max

I agree, once pools jump on this and there are more people mining 1 coin is going to be way too much
Where will go the coins paid to send the message?
Back to the miners?

In a bounty wallet to support further developement of the coin
22MCoin

Activity: 228

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:23:43 PM

YES,I CAN.REALLY THANK YOU, Bumberchute.
atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:38:54 PM

I received my bounty for translation. Thank you dev!

Wink
cbuchner1

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:13:28 PM

What does everyone think about  what a TAC should be worth (expressed in Satoshis)?

500, 1000,  2000?

Christian
xuelong5188

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:27:14 PM

No node, the purse is not updated
atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:21:34 PM

Total amount of coins to be mined?  Huh Huh

badam

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:27:28 PM

As per devs explanation it is decided by block reward votes
cbuchner1

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:31:20 PM

unpredictable due to voting system
cryptomines

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:54:12 PM

Since it is possible to contact all voters via the chat coordination of the vote could be far easier than it is with hvc. the community can control the mint rate and the volume if the community is organized enough. It's really no different than a coin that mints X number of coins , with X number to f coins yearly for inflation. The community could mint say 5 million coins and then vote zero, effectively capping at 5 mil but always having the option to mint more.

Even tho the chat system costs 1 TAC, it creates a market and demand in itself. The chat also creates a unique advertising opportunity that other coins do not have.
TAC is one of if not the most energy efficient algos, which is fantastic, plus low temps will be a great draw in the summer heat.

TAC brings a lot of new innovation to crypto, I personally don't know how to convert that to a satoshi value, but I'd say it's got more potential value than any other clone coin of late. Just my thoughts, not sure that helped the question tho...
jeffminer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:30:08 PM

Since it is possible to contact all voters via the chat coordination of the vote could be far easier than it is with hvc. the community can control the mint rate and the volume if the community is organized enough. It's really no different than a coin that mints X number of coins , with X number to f coins yearly for inflation. The community could mint say 5 million coins and then vote zero, effectively capping at 5 mil but always having the option to mint more.

Even tho the chat system costs 1 TAC, it creates a market and demand in itself. The chat also creates a unique advertising opportunity that other coins do not have.
TAC is one of if not the most energy efficient algos, which is fantastic, plus low temps will be a great draw in the summer heat.

TAC brings a lot of new innovation to crypto, I personally don't know how to convert that to a satoshi value, but I'd say it's got more potential value than any other clone coin of late. Just my thoughts, not sure that helped the question tho...

hi - i am just trying to understand the supply side better - if people just vote for high block reward and there is no reduction, won't TAC have an unusually large supply of coins at that stage compared to e.g. DRK so the price will drop as coin supply is dilluted with lots of easily mined new coins?

PS: can't we estimate low and upper limit on total coin supply like HVC do?
ZangiefPT

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:02:55 PM

Any exchange available for this coin?
cryptomines

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:09:49 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 10:20:08 PM by cryptomines

20 Second block time = 3 blocks per minute. 3 * 60 = 180 blocks per hour. 180 * 24 = 4,320 blocks per day.

4320 * 50 TAC = 216,000 TAC per day * 365 days = 78,840,000 TAC annually.

4320 * 25 TAC = 108,000 TAC per day * 365 days = 39,420,00 TAC annually.

4320 * 21.20 TAC = 91,584 TAC per day * 365 days = 33,428,160 TAC annually.

4320 * 1 TAC = 4320 TAC per day * 365 days = 1,576800 TAC annually.

zsnorbi

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:17:02 PM

hi - i am just trying to understand the supply side better - if people just vote for high block reward and there is no reduction, won't TAC have an unusually large supply of coins at that stage compared to e.g. DRK so the price will drop as coin supply is dilluted with lots of easily mined new coins?

People usually tend to vote for small block reward to gain more value for the already mined coins, so i don't think anybody will have easy coins as even if there will be for 3 days a high block reward period there will be more miners too, moreover block reward lowered already based on user votes from 25 to 21.2 coins. Even if current scheme will seem to be not working it can be solved by a new wallet release with a max coins cap in it but i don't think it will be needed. Voting the reward is a pretty democratic way to decide the block value.
jeffminer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:30:55 PM

People usually tend to vote for small block reward to gain more value for the already mined coins, so i don't think anybody will have easy coins as even if there will be for 3 days a high block reward period there will be more miners too, moreover block reward lowered already based on user votes from 25 to 21.2 coins. Even if current scheme will seem to be not working it can be solved by a new wallet release with a max coins cap in it but i don't think it will be needed. Voting the reward is a pretty democratic way to decide the block value.

thanks to you and crypto mines above for the info

i understand voting for low supply is good for the price - stake coins like BC / CINNI did well out of restricted supply

but what is the incentive / benefit to voting for a large block reward, unless someone wanted to mine themselves?
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:38:07 PM

anyone have settings for r9 280x?
badam

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:41:22 PM

thanks to you and crypto mines above for the info

i understand voting for low supply is good for the price - stake coins like BC / CINNI did well out of restricted supply

but what is the incentive / benefit to voting for a large block reward, unless someone wanted to mine themselves?

I think the benefit is that new miners will vote for a higher reward old miners for a smaller one and therefore there will be a balance so the coin will have continuous miners. If there will be more new miners block reward will be higher else smaller so maybe miners abandon will be less. Theoretically coin shouldnt loose miners because of continuous halving. Of course if the coin will be healthy and with a high price this should not be a problem but if for some reason at a time it will have less attention new miners can revigorate it.
My theory only...
badam

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:47:16 PM

Using standard command line from op with 18 intensity and it is working fine for me without additional fine tuning
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:55:00 PM

Using standard command line from op with 18 intensity and it is working fine for me without additional fine tuning

can you post here your command line please?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: