Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:24:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GPUs and FPGAs replace ASICs was Re: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 1904 times)
Mighty_Conan (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:56:46 PM

Hey,

I do not understand the discussion in here. Very soon, ASICs are history and replaced with GPUs and FPGAs. So where is the big deal ?

Conan
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:25:39 PM

Hey,

I do not understand the discussion in here. Very soon, ASICs are history and replaced with GPUs and FPGAs. So where is the big deal ?

Conan

What on earth are you talking about?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:45:25 PM

Hey,

Conan
This guy makes Jelin look like pure Genius.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Mighty_Conan (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:50:47 AM

Hey,

Conan

About that GPUs and FPGA are faster then ASICs, they do not tell you so you can buy the ASICs like sheeps on the way to be slaughted.
Pure shovelselling.

Conan
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:01:08 PM

Hey,

Conan

About that GPUs and FPGA are faster then ASICs, they do not tell you so you can buy the ASICs like sheeps on the way to be slaughted.
Pure shovelselling.

Conan

I think his English is not the best and he implies that a gpu and fpga is a better buy.
We all know a gpu is not faster at sha256 compared to an asic, but with the way btc diff progresses I wouldn't buy into any of these sha miner pre orders, even the bitmain is too darn expensive based on mining profitability.
Mighty_Conan (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:11:32 PM

Hey,

Conan

Pure shovelselling.

Conan

I think his English is not the best and he implies that a gpu and fpga is a better buy.
We all know a gpu is not faster at sha256 compared to an asic, but with the way btc diff progresses I wouldn't buy into any of these sha miner pre orders, even the bitmain is too darn expensive based on mining profitability.

Yes, my English is not the best and your math competence zero. Let me write this slowly because I know that you cannot read fast.
Calculating a hash takes <1s, due to a special condition it is a bit more complicated with Bitcoins. They way they do it today is Brute Force. ASICs are perfect for this.
Expensive in developing, very cheap in producing. But you cannot do anything else with them. Once they do not use Brute Force anymore, they are dead and GPUs are much faster,
because general purpose. Got it ?

Conan
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:12:46 PM

this is fun  Cheesy

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
btcusr

Activity: 405
Merit: 255

@_vjy

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:28:35 PM

Yes, my English is not the best and your math competence zero. Let me write this slowly because I know that you cannot read fast.
Calculating a hash takes <1s, due to a special condition it is a bit more complicated with Bitcoins. They way they do it today is Brute Force. ASICs are perfect for this.
Expensive in developing, very cheap in producing. But you cannot do anything else with them. Once they do not use Brute Force anymore, they are dead and GPUs are much faster,

Conan

even 10 years down the line, your gpu is not going to hash as much as an usb powered ASIC.

bitcoin ASICs are useless for anything other than hashing, but GPUs are now useless with bitcoin mining. world will never ever mine with GPUs again..

Mighty_Conan (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:09:13 PM

Conan

even 10 years down the line, your gpu is not going to hash as much as an usb powered ASIC.

bitcoin ASICs are useless for anything other than hashing, but GPUs are now useless with bitcoin mining. world will never ever mine with GPUs again..

Yes, there was also a time when people believed the world is flat. World will use GPUs again, because they are much faster. Maybe you should leave the current
orthodoxy about the world is flat. And in 10 years down the line, ASICs for hashing are dead, I would say already after summer, but this is just a rough estimation.

Conan
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:56:26 PM

Yes, there was also a time when people believed the world is flat. World will use GPUs again, because they are much faster. Maybe you should leave the current
orthodoxy about the world is flat. And in 10 years down the line, ASICs for hashing are dead, I would say already after summer, but this is just a rough estimation.

Conan

You haven't explained how ASICs will be dead after summer, or even why?

raskul

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:59:26 PM

Conan

You haven't explained how ASICs will be dead after summer, or even why?

here comes the punchline;

"Pre-Order the 'Mighty Conan' 100TH/s of pure water-fuelled hawaiian hashpower - all you need is 300 hamsters to run the waterwheels and a dynamo."

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:52:25 PM

Conan

Conan

ok. Since you are obviously getting a word wrong, you can't mean faster we know that...no GPU can hash as fast an ASIC when mining bitcoins. GPUs can do other things, like mining other coins, playing games, and being sold on Ebay for those purposes. Do you mean better and not faster?

Let's test your confident but fucked up statement. Post the GPU that can beat a KNC mercury. One board.
We'll all check and then we'll know what to say when we call the doctor to collect you. Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
smoothrunnings

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:59:00 PM

Conan

Conan

GPU's are dead for mining Bitcoins, unfortunately ASICs are getting closer to their death that next step will be something like quantum computing. This is how technology evolves so using your logic would mean that at some point we would have, or would need to go back to the 8086 CPU.

Btw, if you think the planets move around the sun in a geocentric orbit then you already believe the world is flat. Smiley

smoothrunnings

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:21:15 PM

With the way technology is going and the transistors getting tighter together it won't be long before we have to start using liquid plasma to cool the chips; like they use in some of the CRAY supercomputers. And yes I am referring to ASICs too! Smiley
vesperwillow

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:39:46 PM

With the way technology is going and the transistors getting tighter together it won't be long before we have to start using liquid plasma to cool the chips; like they use in some of the CRAY supercomputers. And yes I am referring to ASICs too! Smiley

My take on the technology leaps, it's more likely we'll hit a point within this century where we plateu for awhile until the next major breakthrough, due to power draw and/or cooling issues. This would push for greater enhancements to energy use.

raskul

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:59:41 AM

Dr Bunsen had a brainwave i see  Roll Eyes

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

This guy is right about GPUs being faster. But he forgot to tell you an abacus is actually the fastest way to mine bitcoins. Will likely even replace cpus.

edit: sheeple
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

you guys really fall for a simple troll like this lmao
thomashrev89

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:57:49 PM

Hey,

Conan

Pure shovelselling.

Conan

Let me write this slowly because I know that you cannot read fast.

HAHA, You are funny.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:56:27 PM

That'd be so awesome if regressing in technology would lead to faster hashrates.

If I could mine with my Commodore 64, I'd be a Bitcoin Billionaire!   Grin

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████