Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:59:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cgminer] connection to pool 0 interrupted (15$ btc bounty)  (Read 2295 times)
joshv06 (OP)

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:04:47 PM

Hey guys, was wondering if you could help me out.

I am running 12 HashLast baby jets on 2 separate computers. They keep to seem going down at random times due to the error:

connection to pool 0 interrupted

These are hosted at a datacenter. Is the internet there dropping?

Pool 1: us1.ghash.io

Pool 2: uk2.ghash.io

I am running them in IP format because the ant miners there seem to finicky when running the typed out URL, work perfect with IP.

Cgminer conf.

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "46.229.169.89:3333",
"user" : "joshv06.11",
"pass" : "123"
},
{
"url" : "88.150.205.242:333",
"user" : "joshv06.11",
"pass" : "123"
}
],

"failover-only" : true,
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"api-listen" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",
"api-allow" : "W:192.168.1.0/24,W:127.0.0.1"
}

Command line

cgminer --hfa-hash-clock 600

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 10:02:48 PM

It is just as the message says: the connection is being interrupted. Usually it's a pool issue where they're dropping connections though it could be a routing problem or just an operating system flakiness. Trying a different pool, checking your routers upstream aren't overloaded for some other reason (because mining takes very little bandwidth), and using an operating system with a reliable network stack (like linux) are about all you can do. The message itself is actually relatively harmless since cgminer will just reconnect immediately if it can, the only issue is any shares you may be losing when it happens. As always, also make sure you are using the latest cgminer.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
joshv06 (OP)

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:41:13 AM

It is just as the message says: the connection is being interrupted. Usually it's a pool issue where they're dropping connections though it could be a routing problem or just an operating system flakiness. Trying a different pool, checking your routers upstream aren't overloaded for some other reason (because mining takes very little bandwidth), and using an operating system with a reliable network stack (like linux) are about all you can do. The message itself is actually relatively harmless since cgminer will just reconnect immediately if it can, the only issue is any shares you may be losing when it happens. As always, also make sure you are using the latest cgminer.

Would there be any way to make Cgminer keep scanning for the pool or some what for that if the connection is lost, I don't have to remote in just to start it back up again?

Thanks!

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 09:43:53 AM

I already said it tries to reconnect immediately - and it keeps retrying at regular intervals indefinitely. If it's disconnecting and then never reconnecting you have other problems in your networking.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:31:01 PM

Would there be any way to make Cgminer keep scanning for the pool or some what for that if the connection is lost, I don't have to remote in just to start it back up again?

Thanks!

It should attempt to reconnect itself. I suggest you add a backup pool, so when ghash goes down you continue mining.

By the way, you have the wrong port on pool 2. Its port 3333, not port 333.
Jaqen

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:21:33 PM

Are your settings formatted the way they are shown in your post? Have you tried indenting the lines starting with "failover-only" so that they are in line with the { and } of the pool settings?
byt411

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:37:49 PM

Are your settings formatted the way they are shown in your post? Have you tried indenting the lines starting with "failover-only" so that they are in line with the { and } of the pool settings?

The problem is not the pool selection method, it is the connection.
And of course his settings are that way, otherwise why would he post them?
Jaqen

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:52:25 PM

Well based on my experience with cgminer, the formatting is important like every other programming language. Just trying to rule out all possibilities...
byt411

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:05:41 PM

Well based on my experience with cgminer, the formatting is important like every other programming language. Just trying to rule out all possibilities...

The connection can be established, but it drops, so that's the server's problem.
scratchy

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:16:25 PM

Its a connection interruption.
It can be on your side (if youre using wlan or any wireless connection),
otherwise its a pool issue.

Anyways you should setup a second pool as fail-over otherwise youre loosing mining time!

- Administrator of MuPool.com -
MuPool.com a profesionell stable Multi Coin Pool (BTC,DRK,LTC,DOGE,PPC,FTC,TIT)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: