Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:33:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocoinexplorer.com converting to CCE3 over the weekend  (Read 1831 times)
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 11:10:50 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 10:54:20 PM by dreamwatcher

WWW.CRYPTOCOINEXPLORER.COM

I am now locking this thread and the old CCE thread and starting a new main Cryptocoinexplorer thread.

I am ready to release a patch that improves & adds features to the CCE3 API.

Details to follow in the new thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584847.0

CCE will be converting over to CCE3 over the weekend

• Explorers will be up and down over the weekend
  • A few of the explorer conversions will present some difficulty due to missing or non-confirming RPC commands. These may or may not make the conversion
  • Site owners need to be aware that the API is different in CCE3. I will explain the API in the next post.
  • The API will be expanded over the next couple of weeks including activation of the developers message box as developers contact me and receive their API key.
  • The business model has not been completely decided in relation to adding new coins. This will be decided after conversion and I get a feel about the reaction

Coins that will be a bit problematic: (If needed, this list will be updated as I convert the site)

PPC - Though recently updated with a newer BTC base, the 'getrawtransaction' command still does not allow for non-wallet transactions. I have mentioned this a few times both publicly and privately before the new version came out. PPC is completely dead in the water as far as CCE3 is concerned until rectified. PPC will remain on CCE (It was the coin that started it all for CCE) though it may be delayed if I have to patch the coin daemon myself.

BBQ - Does not have 'getrawtransaction' but does have 'gettransaction' and allows for non-wallet transactions. However, the 'gettransaction' output is non-standard and missing some key information. I cannot revert back to an ABE based explorer for this coin as ABE now has the habit of crashing quite often with this coin. I do not know if this coin has an active developer, but the daemon will need to be updated in order to remain on CCE. If I have to update the daemon myself, it could be some time before the coin appears back on CCE.
Afternote: I will attempt to keep an ABE based explorer up for BBQ, but if it becomes too troublesome, I may have to pull it until a patch is released.

FRC - No 'moneysupply' field with a variable block reward.  This issue has been solved, though I do need a special version of the dbloader due to the way it reports coin values. The 'moneysupply' issues have been solved for all coins.

I will be creating a new thread for CCE, but for now the old thread is located at:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124303.0

The CCE3 development thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262539.msg2804427

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 11:33:35 PM

The CCE3 API will be much simpler then the ABE API.

As CCE gets converted, the release version of CCE3 will have the following API commands:

/api/difficulty

/api/totalmint

/api/nethash

All of these API commands will return a JSON response.

'difficulty' will return the current POW difficulty

'totalmint' will return the total amount of coins created. On coins where this information is not available in the 'getinfo' dialog, the amount will be estimated with (blocks * block reward). Coins that do not report the 'moneysupply" and are either POS or variable reward coins will not have this information available. Both POS and variable reward coins make for a deep database search and calculation if CCE3 has to calculate this value itself. However, I have not YET encountered a POS or Variable reward coin that does not give the "moneysupply" info from the "getinfo" command.

'nethash' will return the network hash rate reported by the coin daemon. The JSON value will be a string with the suffix appropriate to the chain (MH/s or GH/s)

In the future the API commands:

block - Return block information. (/api/block/<block height>)

tx - Return transaction information (/api/tx/<tx hash>)

address - return the ledger for the given address (/api/address/<address>)

Further in the future:

rawtx - This will allow one to send a raw transaction through the explorer

If anybody has suggestions on what else they would like to see in the API, please post or send me a PM.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 05:43:17 AM

It appears a few of the older coins are incompatible for various reasons. I have now added Freicoin to the list of coins that will be problematic. Please note its addition to the OP.

I have decided to keep these classic coins up under an ABE based explorer until i can get them sorted out. BBQ and FRC should be back up soon.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 12:13:15 PM

Terracoin has been converted.

trc.cryptocoinexplorer.com

I am also testing a simple solution to the total minted coins issue where it is not available from the daemon in all cases. It was a facepalm moment when it came to me.  Cheesy
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:31:07 PM

I have solved the 'moneysupply' issue and 'totalmint' will be available regardless of chain type or availability of the field in the daemon 'getinfo'.

I have decided to install more of the API features to avoid multiple patches in the future:

So far:

/api/totalmint

/api/difficulty

/api/nethash

/api/block/<block height>

/api/tx/<tx hash>

Are now in the current release version.

I plan to have:

/api/balance/<address>  (Simple balance)

In the release and hopefully:

/api/ledger/<address>   (API version of the ledger page)

/api/dev/<api key>       (This will be the interface for coin developers to put messages in the developer box)

None of these additions will slow down the conversion due to the fact any database additions will be to the utility table and not involve the dbloader. This means I can get the databases built while I incorporate the changes as they only involve the webserver module.

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 07:56:42 PM

Nice! Cant wait to see the changes!

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 04:33:35 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 01:53:41 PM by dreamwatcher

All the test explorers have be updated to release.

cap.cryptocoinexplorer.com

off.cryptocoinexplorer.com

xpm.cryptocoinexplorer.com

ked.cryptocoinexplorer.com

ufc.cryptocoinexplorer.com

gpl.cryptocoinexplorer.com

qbt.cryptocoinexplorer.com

All the other explorers have their new databases created and up to date as of tonight. I will commence the conversion of all the remaining ABE explorers (Except for PPC and BBQ) tomorrow.

I will also publish a guide to the more complex API outputs (Block and TX for now). The JSON output fields are not labeled for the multi-field responses but they are all structured the same. The simple outputs (single value outputs) are labeled.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 12:31:47 PM

After some thought about how often CCE is used as an information source, I did not want to throw sites that used the ABE API into chaos. At the same time I need everybody to start using the new API.

There are so many coin sites out there that I have no idea how many or who to get in touch with for each site.

I know coinmarketcap.com uses the 'totalbc' API. I have already been in contact with Gliss about the change, but he may not have gotten the PM stating I was changing this weekend. I also remember some sites using the 'getdifficulty' API.

I have TEMPORARILY placed an ABE 'totalbc' & 'getdifficulty' like API to the CCE3 explorers that had ABE based explorers on CCE previously.

This only a temporary measure and will eventually be removed as CCE3 has its own API commands to get this information. Probably in a couple of weeks.

API users please move to the CCE3 API commands "/api/difficulty" and "/api/totalmint" ASAP after the explorer you are using is switched over..

That being said:

gld.cryptocoinexplorer.com and blc.cryptocoinexplorer.com have been completely converted over. gold.cryptocoinexplorer.com and blake.cryptocoinexplorer.com test addresses are no longer active.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:51:42 PM

The following coin explorers have been converted to CCE3:

Franko : frk.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Bitbar : btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Bytecoin : bte.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Novacoin : nvc.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Feathercoin : ftc.cryptocoinexplorer.com
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 03:36:21 PM

I was notified of my first snafu this mourning.

For Blakecoin:

It looks like I misnamed the dbloader loader module and the coin daemon was triggering the webserver module!!!

Strictly human error on my part and not a code issue.

Coins remaining in the conversion:

Craftcoin

Digitialcoin and Worldcoin - These two coins have large block chains that take a bit of time to place in a database. The databases are ready now.

Freicoin - Requires some customization because of the way it reports coin values.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 09:06:34 PM

Digitialcoin has been converted.

dgc.cryptocoinexplorer.com

WDC, CRC and JKC are up next.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 11:03:52 PM

Craftcoin and JKC have been converted.

crc.cryptocoinexplorer.com

jkc.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Waiting on the WDC database upload to finish it.

daimyo

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

UFO

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:49:34 AM

dreamwatcher,

As you do not respond to PM I will try asking here, is the UFO coin explorer be up and running again? Smiley

cheers

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 06:51:37 PM

dreamwatcher,

As you do not respond to PM I will try asking here, is the UFO coin explorer be up and running again? Smiley

cheers

My business partner and I have not received word that the UFO forking issue has been cleared up.

This is the reason trading has been suspended on the Scifi exchange and I have not brought the explorer back up.

Until we get word that this issued is cleared, the explorer will remain down and trading will remain suspended.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 06:54:08 PM

Worldcoin has been converted.

wdc.cryptocoinexplorer.com

I will start working on the FRC customization after a couple of other projects are done.

There is still more to come with CCE3, and I feel it is more important at this point to finish the API and get the Homepage modernized.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:30:46 PM

I have noticed a phenomenon while updating coin information and links for the explorers.

In a few coins forums, CCE has been getting pretty beat up over past issues. Most of the issues pre-CCE3 have been due to coin daemons themselves crashing along with some issues with ABE itself. I wrote CCE3 for a number of reasons, one of which is reliability. There is also little communication when new updates are required or other information such as websites, icons etc. have changed.

Since its inception over a year and half ago, I have basically been the sole support for CCE in both time and costs along with a FEW donors. I accepted that fact awhile ago and is the reason the business structure of CCE is going to change.
I had originally planned on keeping all the current explorers free or maybe move to an advertisement model. Since reading through some of the coin forums, I have reversed that decision.

There is no point in offering a free service that a community seems to dislike and do not support. So to that end, some coins will be dropped from CCE under the free model, and if desired can be added back under the new model as a new coin when the new model is launched.

I still have work to do on CCE3 including visual enhancements, features and expanded API. Once in place I will set forth the policy for adding new coins.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:56:13 PM

I have finished cleaning up the Block API. After the next patch the block API response will look like:

{"nonce": "3135376896", "merkleroot": "6e1939a157135e7d4f2fbc179ed5c809c00f7c3264a6c0c2867faadc51587077", "hash": "000000014557bc8699f45f79ca3cfe28b6ea58d1707820fd080c522a8d8939f4", "height": "98657", "difficulty": "0.0187484697", "total sent": "3.5", "total fee": "0.0", "size": "185", "POS": "0", "# Transactions": "1", "version": "6", "time": "1393799209", "bits": "1d35563d"}

I am now working on the TX output. It is a bit more complex due to the variable nature of the number tx_in and tx_out coupled with setting up a Dict. object vs an HTML output like the webpage.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 10:53:44 PM

I am now locking this thread and the old CCE thread and starting a new main Cryptocoinexplorer thread.

I am ready to release a patch that improves & adds features to the CCE3 API.

Details to follow in the new thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584847.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: