Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Triplemining is a scam  (Read 843 times)
Darlanio (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:19:21 AM

I have tried to work this issue out with the staff at triplemining.com but they are unwilling to solve the issue. Now when the jackpot has not been paid out in weeks either, it start to smell like a complete scam.

I joined triplemining fall 2013 and only mine using my computers and graphic-cards at home. I was aware that it might take a month or two until I got my first payout, but wanted to try it out and see what bitcoin was all about.

After mining a few months I had gathered a small amount and asked them to pay it out even if it was lower than their lowest payout (0.01 BTC). I got a reply that it was too much trouble and that it had to wait until either I got 0.01 BTC or they had the time to implement a lower limit in the software.

To implement a new level for payouts in the software can not be something that takes more than a day for a real software developer, since the logic etc is the same for all payouts. To set a lower payout limit is simply to add another row in a table if the application is built following accepted design patterns.

After another month, during which they had a lot of trouble with the webpage, I asked again to end my account and get my funds sent to me. I was denied again, this time the reply took almost a week.

Comparing the calculationspeed and found blocks I find a very disturbing fact:
They have more than double the mining power now compared to when I started, but it takes about 10-15 times longer for them to find any blocks - difficulty for blocks has not increased by factor 20-30 the last half year, right?

Since they now have stopped paying out jackpot and the time in which I will be able to mine the needed amount for a payout has increased to several years I have demanded them to solve this issue - someone from staff could pay me personally since it is a very small amount and let me terminate my account, they could implement the lower limit or give a suggestion to how this should be solved - the last two emails (the last was sent more than a week ago to their staff) have been left without reply.

My conclusion is that Triplemining is a scam.

I saw a thread here from 2011 about them being a scam and didn't want to bump it - but I can say that I can NOT recommend ANYONE to start mining thru triplemining.com
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:35:48 PM

So I am not saying one way or the other, but all I see in your email is nothing to do with them scamming you at all.

99% of sites will not lower the limit to help a customer out, they have limits for a reason.

Trouble with a website hardly means much especially if it came back up.

I am pretty sure block mining has increased by a lot more than 20-30x in the last half year(don't quote me on this) 

Anyway good luck with your future attempts!
runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:41:11 PM

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Look at the numbers.

6,978,842,650 (Apr 17 2014) vs  50,810,339 (Aug 13 2013)

Diff has increased 137x since then.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: