Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:30:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone please tell me why did I get banned  (Read 2708 times)
Pero112 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:59:23 AM

I got banned because of spamming for 14 days

I don't understand on which way did I spam?

This is my profile

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=155650;sa=showPosts

I don't understand how my posts are any different then the posts Phinnaeus Gage or Dank make
I know Dank isn't an example but his posts make absolutely no sense while my are always topic related and he never got banned

Can someone at least elaborate this?  Undecided
Salmon1989

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:01:19 AM

I don't understand how my posts are any different then the posts Phinnaeus Gage or Dank make

You know Phinnaeus Gage has been banned for 7 days as well?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572838.0;all

Pero112 (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:15:33 AM

yes, but he was banned for trolling, I however have been banned for spamming

and I think most of my posts are contributing to the discussion  Undecided

Is there any way to find out which moderator banned me?
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:19:31 AM

You could try asking nicely. AFAIK that information isn't publicly available so you'd have to ask one of the staff/mods/theymos about it.
Caesium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:29:25 AM

I thought it felt a bit quieter in the offtopic section.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pero112 (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:39:18 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 12:29:13 PM by Pero112

You could try asking nicely. AFAIK that information isn't publicly available so you'd have to ask one of the staff/mods/theymos about it.

okay, thanks Smiley

I have contacted theymos
Pero112 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:56:04 PM

@Pero112

Think about it for a second.

You were banned for spamming for 7 days, right?

Guess what they do to spam post, they delete them.

That's why you don't see any spam in your profile.

If I were you I would give it about a week and see if that fixes the problem LOL...

~BCX~

it's 14 days, not 7...
I have the same amount of posts I had earlier

that's what consirnes me, seems like someone banned me for no reason  Undecided

I have sent a message to theymos on April 19, 2014, 11:56:30 AM
no answer still but it's easter, hope I'll here back from them soon..
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:20:32 PM

Your posts do look pretty low quality in general, but yes, BCX is probably right in that the worst posts were deleted.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pero112 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:28:47 PM

Your posts do look pretty low quality in general, but yes, BCX is probably right in that the worst posts were deleted.

none of my posts have been deleted, I have the exact same post count as I had earlier

I just found out that BadBear banned me because of this is somehow spam

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573972.msg6288418#msg6288418
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:52:09 PM

none of my posts have been deleted, I have the exact same post count as I had earlier

Who told you this, theymos?
Were you warned prior to the ban?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pero112 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:57:44 PM

Who told you this, theymos?
Were you warned prior to the ban?

BadBear, no, I just got banned

Is there any way I can make an appeal to someone?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:05:01 PM

Paid sig spammer, either doesn't bother reading threads he's replying to (likely since he seems to post every minute or two on average), or repeats posts just to increase his post count. Not something easily seen just by looking at one's post history.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:05:39 PM

Your post is useless there, since it has already been explained in a better way.
But this is still strange, you got banned for that without a warning.

Paid sig spammer, either doesn't bother reading threads he's replying to (likely since he seems to post every minute or two on average), or repeats posts just to increase his post count. Not something easily seen just by looking at one's post history.
You were a second faster than me. I respect your decision, but it seems a lot compared to P.G. who got 7 days.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pero112 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:07:21 PM

I do not repeat posts, I am trying to be as constructive as possible, I'm sorry my replies are sometimes short or low quality but they are not spam

as I said, you just hate me because I have an ad in my signature

admit you wouldn't ban me if there was no ad

Your post is useless there, since it has already been explained in a better way.
But this is still strange, you got banned for that without a warning.

that is my point, I understand it was a bit wrong to reply the thread but it's not a reason for a 14 day ban without warning

not mentioning that post is completely out of the definition of spam  Undecided

is there any way I can appeal to anyone about this?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:10:12 PM

You wouldn't have gotten banned if there was no ad, since you wouldn't be posting redundant posts for no reason other than to increase your post count, so you're partially correct.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Pero112 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:14:15 PM

You wouldn't have gotten banned if there was no ad, since you wouldn't be posting redundant posts for no reason other than to increase your post count, so you're partially correct.

I am not posting to increase my post count, I post a lot more on forum.hr and I have never been banned there

why isn't dharmapuriharithaa banned too?
don't bother to answer, it's of course because he doesn't have an ad in his signature

that's racist towards members with ads, either forbid ads or allow them

don't just ban because you want to ban some
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:15:42 PM

I am not posting to increase my post count, I post a lot more on forum.hr and I have never been banned there

why isn't dharmapuriharithaa banned too?
don't bother to answer, it's of course because he doesn't have an ad

don't just ban because you want to ban some
What he's trying to say: spamming to get increase your post count is okay (somewhat), spamming for the ad signature payment is not.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:16:30 PM

You clearly do not know what racism is. If you are spamming the forum to line your own pockets, everyone suffers. BadBear is saying that you were clearly making posts just to get paid, if you were just making posts that were generally bad quality but you weren't doing it to get paid that'd be fine, but as you were doing it just to get paid it is not.

It's content being contributed because you want to contribute vs content being "contributed" because you want to get paid.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pero112 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:18:09 PM

You clearly do not know what racism is. If you are spamming the forum to line your own pockets, everyone suffers.

I am not spamming, I made a mistake responding to that thread but it is not spam

According to wikipedia
Forum spam consists of posts on Internet forums that contains related or unrelated advertisements, links to malicious websites, and abusive or otherwise unwanted information. Forum spam is usually posted onto message boards by automated spambots or manually with unscrupulous intentions with one idea in mind: to get the spam in front of readers who would not otherwise have anything to do with it intentionally.

Electronic spamming is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages (spam), especially advertising, indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam, junk fax transmissions, social spam, television advertising and file sharing spam. It is named after Spam, a luncheon meat, by way of a Monty Python sketch in which Spam is included in every dish.[1]

It's content being contributed because you want to contribute vs content being "contributed" because you want to get paid.

that is your and his opinion
it's not in the forum rules

as long as I am not spamming I should not be banned for spamming
please take some time to read what spamming actually is  Undecided
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:18:23 PM

Dude all you have to do is post constructively. Don't post in a thread if you don't understand the discussion / haven't read the preceding posts, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: