Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:04:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Selling service] I'll draw cool stickfigures for bitcoins  (Read 26013 times)
shazow (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 12:17:54 AM

Ok going to get some commissions done today. Hang tight!

This is awesome man, keep up the nice work Smiley
Thank you kind sir! Will do.

shazow, can you draw me some cool avatar to use at betco.in? is 2 btc ok?
Indeed I can! Any preferences/theme/requests etc? I'll do a simple draft like the others for 2btc. If you really like it, you can commission a higher quality version later. Make it 2.03 or something so I can tell your payment apart and send it over to 1D7FRyhu1QzvdvjePVR6geui4DNaSgrM2E. Smiley

Just for the heck of it, Ill do what he's doing for the same price, but in color. simple Animations starting 15 BTC/ 1 minute + 10 for every additional minute
That's a great idea! Though I suggest starting your own thread for that. It'll be easier to track who requests are directed to. Link it here when it's up! Smiley

- shazow

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randomguy7

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 12:37:33 AM

Well the vague idea is some kind of cool looking poker avatar and as I'm kinda uncreative I totally trust your skills on this Smiley. Payment of 2.03 BTC will be sent in a minute.
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 04:04:05 AM

Shazow - 2 btc for a betco.in themed avatar?

I'm thinking a dude reveling in all the bitcoins stacked around him, or something to that effect
shazow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 04:41:43 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2011, 06:34:04 PM by shazow

Alright boys and girls, here we go...

I would like a drawing that is not exactly bitcoin related.  Rather, it would picture a caricature of the difference between capitalism and communism.  At least in my mind.

Both pictures would represent a circle of armed men, with a worker inside.  The worker can do anything, for instance he can mine something (not bitcoins, the idea is that he has to be a symbol of labour).

In the communist version, guns are pointed inside the circle.  Towards the worker, preventing him from escaping.  And the worker has a unhappy face  Sad

In the capitalist version, guns are pointed outside the circle.  They aim at protecting the worker's product of labour.   The worker has a happy face.

No legend.  I'll add it myself.

2 BTC.

https://i.imgur.com/YQYehl.jpg

I hope this is what you had in mind. This one took the most time of all requests so far due to all the amount of detail, and I decided to go with pitchforks instead of guns for a more timeless feel and I skipped the faces for consistency in style (we can toss those on if you really want). If you like it, I hope you'll consider tossing a tip my way for the extra effort. Smiley

I am willing to commission a comic about public key cryptography for 2.5 BTC. Explains them in as many comic strip you want.

https://i.imgur.com/JuEYDl.jpg

This one was conceptually the most challenging one out of all requests so far. How on earth do you describe public key crypto in a simple stickfigure comic? Like a boss, that's how. I hope this makes as much sense to everyone else as it does to me. Tongue

Well the vague idea is some kind of cool looking poker avatar and as I'm kinda uncreative I totally trust your skills on this Smiley. Payment of 2.03 BTC will be sent in a minute.

https://i.imgur.com/2fqVfl.jpg

After the other two, this one was fun and refreshing. So much so that I did three. I figured you were a Doyle Brunson kind of guy. Tongue Let me know if you want a vector version of any of those.

Shazow - 2 btc for a betco.in themed avatar?

I'm thinking a dude reveling in all the bitcoins stacked around him, or something to that effect

You got it. Maybe I can score some kind of monopoly on all the betco.in avatars. Tongue Again, please make it something like 2.04 BTC so I can tell your payment apart, send it over to 1D7FRyhu1QzvdvjePVR6geui4DNaSgrM2E.

If I forgot anyone on this thread, please remind me. There's a few commissions going in private, I'm still getting to those.

- shazow
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 04:49:14 AM

Sent payment.

Will publish it soon.

shazow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 04:51:51 AM

Sent payment.

Will publish it soon.
Thank you sir. If you wait until tomorrow, I can take another photo in daylight which should look better. Sorry for the blurries.

- shazow
laydum

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 06:09:29 AM

Wow thats sick work
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 06:35:41 AM

I am hoping to commission a bitcoin comic for 1.66 BTC.

A bitcoin comic on the divisibility, the durability, and the fungibility of bitcoin. In other words, what make bitcoin good money?

(Feel free to start with a comic that explain one of the property of bitcoin. Be happy to pay for additional comics if needed be.)

randomguy7

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 05:26:49 PM

nice work  Cheesy. How much do you charge for vector editions of it? Can you draw me two more? Both should mainly consist of the face/head down to about the shoulders, the face with black sun glases and having a big cigar in the mouth. Both should basically be the some pic but differ in how the face looks, one neutral, with its poker face set up and one with a big grin, like this smiley: Grin. How much do you charge for this?
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 05:41:04 PM

Alright boys and girls, here we go...

I would like a drawing that is not exactly bitcoin related.  Rather, it would picture a caricature of the difference between capitalism and communism.  At least in my mind.

Both pictures would represent a circle of armed men, with a worker inside.  The worker can do anything, for instance he can mine something (not bitcoins, the idea is that he has to be a symbol of labour).

In the communist version, guns are pointed inside the circle.  Towards the worker, preventing him from escaping.  And the worker has a unhappy face  Sad

In the capitalist version, guns are pointed outside the circle.  They aim at protecting the worker's product of labour.   The worker has a happy face.

No legend.  I'll add it myself.

2 BTC.

I hope this is what you had in mind. This one took the most time of all requests so far due to all the amount of detail, and I decided to go with pitchforks instead of guns for a more timeless feel and I skipped the faces for consistency in style (we can toss those on if you really want). If you like it, I hope you'll consider tossing a tip my way for the extra effort. Smiley

I have to say I am not very happy with it Sad,  but I reckon you tried hard so I'll send you the two bitcoins, don't worry.  What bitcoin address should I use?

shazow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 06:42:34 PM

Sent payment.

Will publish it soon.
I updated the image to be a little clearer, use this one for publishing:

https://i.imgur.com/JuEYDs.jpg

Wow thats sick work
Thanks. Smiley

I am hoping to commission a bitcoin comic for 1.66 BTC.

A bitcoin comic on the divisibility, the durability, and the fungibility of bitcoin. In other words, what make bitcoin good money?

(Feel free to start with a comic that explain one of the property of bitcoin. Be happy to pay for additional comics if needed be.)
I thank you for your patronage so far, kiba, but I fear I must decline. I've been using up more of my time than I should on this fun exercise, and full comics take more time than most other requests.

I'm going to have to start being more selective about the work and pricepoints I accept now. I hope you understand. Smiley

nice work  Cheesy. How much do you charge for vector editions of it? Can you draw me two more? Both should mainly consist of the face/head down to about the shoulders, the face with black sun glases and having a big cigar in the mouth. Both should basically be the some pic but differ in how the face looks, one neutral, with its poker face set up and one with a big grin, like this smiley: Grin. How much do you charge for this?
As it says in the root post, vector editions of existing drafts are 10 btc. If you toss in 15 btc, I'll do all of them in vector, including the big grin dude.

I have to say I am not very happy with it Sad,  but I reckon you tried hard so I'll send you the two bitcoins, don't worry.  What bitcoin address should I use?
Oh no! Was it the pitchforks? Lack of sadfaces? Something else? I'd love your feedback so I can improve at taking requests in the future.

Don't worry about paying. If you're not going to use it, I wouldn't feel right taking your coins. My apologies. Sad

- shazow
shazow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 06:50:21 PM

I updated the root post which affects all new requests:

Update 2: I've had a lot of fun doing this, huge thanks to everyone for participating. I fear this has taken up far more of my time than I expected, so I'm going to have to increase the minimum draft commission fee to 5 BTC (and the post-draft vectorizing remains at 10 BTC). If anyone is still interested, keep posting requests.

- shazow
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 07:16:28 PM

Oh no! Was it the pitchforks? Lack of sadfaces? Something else? I'd love your feedback so I can improve at taking requests in the future.

I really wanted guns, as it is not clear what the intent of the guys with forks is.   On the communist version, it seems that they are about to attack, where I wanted them to look like they are watching and preventing from escaping.  Also, there are too many people in the circle and it is not clear what they are doing.  They don't seem to be working, but rather camping.   Also, the perspective for the tent is wrong in the communist version.  Thanks for your effort anyway.

shazow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 07:19:40 PM

I really wanted guns, as it is not clear what the intent of the guys with forks is.   On the communist version, it seems that they are about to attack, where I wanted them to look like they are watching and preventing from escaping.  Also, there are too many people in the circle and it is not clear what they are doing.  They don't seem to be working, but rather camping.   Also, the perspective for the tent is wrong in the communist version.  Thanks for your effort anyway.
Ah all fair points. Thank you for the feedback. If I have some time, I'll see if I can do another more simple take on it.

- shazow
randomguy7

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 07:22:44 PM

Well I'd then like to order the two drawings (poker face / grin guy like described) for 5 btc if thats ok. I'm not yet sure about vectorization though, I like your drawings but it's a lot of coins.
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 07:24:28 PM

Ah all fair points. Thank you for the feedback. If I have some time, I'll see if I can do another more simple take on it.

For what it worths, I really think you have a real talent for this stuff.  I'm pretty sure you'll make quite some bitcoins with this activity.  Keep on the good work.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 12:24:42 AM

For what it worths, I really think you have a real talent for this stuff.  I'm pretty sure you'll make quite some bitcoins with this activity.  Keep on the good work.

I think he already got a good healthy sum of bitcoin.

shazow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 12:41:55 AM

Well I'd then like to order the two drawings (poker face / grin guy like described) for 5 btc if thats ok. I'm not yet sure about vectorization though, I like your drawings but it's a lot of coins.
Sounds good. I'll take a crack at in the next couple of days.

For what it worths, I really think you have a real talent for this stuff.  I'm pretty sure you'll make quite some bitcoins with this activity.  Keep on the good work.
Thanks. I've always enjoyed drawing but it's not something I've ever considered I could make any kind of money on (except for that $5 I once made in grade 6 for doing a sketch from a Warcraft 2 manual).

I think he already got a good healthy sum of bitcoin.
Easy enough to find out.

Forum commissions: http://blockexplorer.com/address/1D7FRyhu1QzvdvjePVR6geui4DNaSgrM2E
  Received transactions: 13
  Received BTC: 29.42

Forum tips (a few random commission payments went here too): http://blockexplorer.com/address/1BZYH24gDB5KZfr3fh2LahkqbYrGppZTPS
  Received transactions: 6
  Received BTC: 19.55

Considering I did at least 12 drafts, plus a couple of digitally inked and a couple vectored. Even at 10 min per draft, 30 min per sketch/vector (very optimistic) that's at least 4 hours of contiguous work (probably closer to 7~8 hours in reality).

So, non-recurring 49 BTC for a solid day's work. Not exactly something I can make a living on just yet, but I hope you guys got more out of it than came out of your pockets. Smiley

- shazow
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 12:48:15 AM

49 BTC times 3.3 equal 161.70 USD divided by 8 hours come out 20.125 per hours worked. Not bad at all.

If you ever got increased demand, it is conceivable that you could make a living off of it.

shazow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 12:52:23 AM

49 BTC times 3.3 equal 161.70 USD divided by 8 hours come out 20.125 per hours worked. Not bad at all.

If you ever got increased demand, it is conceivable that you could make a living off of it.

Indeed, this definitely worked out better than expected. Any ideas for increasing demand?

Also, my supply of time is fixed, so increased demand will inevitably yield increased prices.

- shazow

Edit: Also keep in mind, more than half of what I earned came before BTC broke 1.0. So really at least two thirds of that is simply lucky investing. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: