Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:39:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Selling service] I'll draw cool stickfigures for bitcoins  (Read 26012 times)
shazow (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 06:18:57 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2011, 06:47:22 PM by shazow

I like to draw cool stickfigures, here are some examples: http://shazow.posterous.com/tag/stickfigures

My offer: For any number of bitcoins (let's say minimum 0.5) (See "Update 2") For a minimum of 5 BTC, I'll draw stickfigures for you. You can make requests.

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner so you'll have to settle with iPhone photos of the drawing. If you make an especially generous donation (minimum 10 BTC), I'll pull out my Wacom tablet for you and do it in GIMP or vectorize it in Inkscape. Smiley

I'll post each drawing here unless you request otherwise.

My Bitcoin address: 1D7FRyhu1QzvdvjePVR6geui4DNaSgrM2E

You can send some unique number of Bitcoins and just mention how much you sent with your request. Or PM me for a one-off address.

Update: If you want a digitally-inked (in GIMP with my Wacom tablet) or vectorized (in Inkscape) version, I'm happy to do that but keep in mind it's a lot more work so let's make the minimum for those requests be 10 BTC. Also please commission a draft sketch first, which I'll need to base my inking from.

Update 2: I've had a lot of fun doing this, huge thanks to everyone for participating. I fear this has taken up far more of my time than I expected, so I'm going to have to increase the minimum draft commission fee to 5 BTC (and the post-draft vectorizing remains at 10 BTC). If anyone is still interested, keep posting requests. Smiley

Disclaimer: I'm new to to this community and this is my first post. Please excuse me if I'm doing something wrong. Let me know and I'll fix it as soon as possible.

- shazow

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

April 13, 2011, 06:44:54 AM

Sent 1 btc

for a stick figure of someone sending you a  bitcoin Smiley
shazow (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 07:20:25 AM

Sent 1 btc

for a stick figure of someone sending you a  bitcoin Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/Yzqkvl.jpg

My reaction upon receiving your bitcoin. Enjoy! Smiley

(Going to bed now, will check for more requests tomorrow.)

- shazow
Anonymous

April 13, 2011, 07:48:23 AM

That's awesome  Cheesy

epii

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 07:55:25 AM

LOL, I thought this was a goofy idea, but that picture totally bought you some legitimacy.  If you've got a sense for visual humour, perhaps you could run a reader-funded comic on the forum here?
Anonymous

April 13, 2011, 08:09:39 AM

LOL, I thought this was a goofy idea, but that picture totally bought you some legitimacy.  If you've got a sense for visual humour, perhaps you could run a reader-funded comic on the forum here?

Posted here - http://media.witcoin.com/p/1071/What-is-feels-like-to-get-your-first-bitcoin-in-stickfigure

This is exactly what witcoin was invented for.
epii

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 08:19:50 AM

LOL, I thought this was a goofy idea, but that picture totally bought you some legitimacy.  If you've got a sense for visual humour, perhaps you could run a reader-funded comic on the forum here?

Posted here - http://media.witcoin.com/p/1071/What-is-feels-like-to-get-your-first-bitcoin-in-stickfigure

This is exactly what witcoin was invented for.
*lightbulb goes on*

I guess that is exactly what witcoin was invented for.  I'd gotten into so many conversations about how to use it as a gambling site, as if the content production aspect were just incidental, that it never really dawned on me that the most powerful feature it has is the "support" button.  Someone could create their own category in which to host a webcomic (or lecture series, or whatever original content) and probably do quite well for themselves financially.

Of course, if a lot of people did this, the site might need a bit of a redesign to avoid clutter...

</totally OT>

P.S.  I did the stickfigure comic in my sig.  </also kinda OT>
spenvo

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 08:27:43 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2011, 08:44:55 AM by spenvo

Wow!  Super cool shazow!!!   Very creative stuff here.  I'm a prolific sketcher too with buddies that riff of what I do, I'd love to collaborate sometime.  

*action* throws up a couple examples:

My Original: http://www.bitcoinbulletin.com/runningonempty.png
Cool Riff: http://www.bitcoinbulletin.com/myfriendsareawesome.png

another:  http://www.bitcoinbulletin.com/pluggedin.jpg
another:  http://www.bitcoinbulletin.com/fixpunkone.jpg
another:  http://www.bitcoinbulletin.com/facebookone.jpg

In the meantime, I'll test your creativity by coming up with a challenge... .75 BTC

I want my stick figure to die from gluttony

I'll also take a challenge for a Bounty!    Grin

www.SpreadtheCoin.com - Free Printable Bitcoin Certificates.  A Transparent Company.

www.BitcoinBulletin.com - Reviews and Interviews.
witcoin

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 08:33:19 AM

Wow!  Super cool shazow!!!   Very creative stuff here.  I'm a prolific sketcher too with buddies that riff of what I do, I'd love to collaborate sometime.  

*action* throws up a couple examples:

My Original: http://www.bitcoinbulletin.com/runningonempty.png
Riff: http://www.bitcoinbulletin.com/myfriendsareawesome.png

In the meantime, I'll test your creativity by coming up with a challenge... .75 BTC

I want my stick figure to die from gluttony

I'll also take a challenge for a Bounty!

1DzTuMPoNh2e4i7Yxj4NLLPwWbRnayNUqY

1 bitcoin for a pic of an alpaca sock wearing cryptoterrorist.....
spenvo

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 08:47:56 AM

Agh!!!!!! That's awesome!  OK!  Give me a day to draw and scan pls!

In the meantime -- we'll wait for Shazow's gluttonous stick figure!    Cheesy

www.SpreadtheCoin.com - Free Printable Bitcoin Certificates.  A Transparent Company.

www.BitcoinBulletin.com - Reviews and Interviews.
cdhowie

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 11:22:02 AM

My reaction upon receiving your bitcoin. Enjoy! Smiley

Ha... good thing I wasn't drinking when reading this thread.  Well done, sir, have an extra 0.5 BTC for this.  If I can come up with any good ideas I might commission something from you later.  Smiley

Tips are always welcome and can be sent to 1CZ8QgBWZSV3nLLqRk2BD3B4qDbpWAEDCZ

Thanks to ye, we have the final piece.

PGP key fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A  DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5

SerajewelKS @ #bitcoin-otc
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 12:59:26 PM

That is a hell of a lot cooler than I was expecting.
I'm impressed. Watching this now, might have to toss you a few coins later.

Actually hell. I'll pay 2btc for a couple of stick figures (happily) exchanging a bitcoin for a handful of cash representing an exchange.
It would be nice if you can make it square for an avatar and I could pay a little more if you can make it vector I suppose.
If it's too much work screw it.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
shazow (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 06:24:34 PM

Thanks! Smiley I've been doing stickfigures (and other simplistic stylized art) for over a decade but I'm no Randall Munroe when it comes to writing geeky humour. Best I've mastered is tweets. Tongue

Ha... good thing I wasn't drinking when reading this thread.  Well done, sir, have an extra 0.5 BTC for this.  If I can come up with any good ideas I might commission something from you later.  Smiley
Thank you for your patronage! Cheesy Looking forward to it.

That is a hell of a lot cooler than I was expecting.
I'm impressed. Watching this now, might have to toss you a few coins later.

Actually hell. I'll pay 2btc for a couple of stick figures (happily) exchanging a bitcoin for a handful of cash representing an exchange.
It would be nice if you can make it square for an avatar and I could pay a little more if you can make it vector I suppose.
If it's too much work screw it.
Thanks for the compliments. Smiley I can definitely do that. Toss over the BTC and I'll draw up a few variations for you. If you find one you like, I'll vectorize/digitize it for you for a bit more coin (ha).

- shazow
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 07:58:36 PM

coins sent, not confirmed yet.

moneyandtech.com
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 08:27:52 PM

Where do you live, Shazow?  I will send you a scanner if someone pays for shipping.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
shazow (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 08:32:20 PM

coins sent, not confirmed yet.
Got it. Gonna take a crack at it in the next few hours. Smiley

Where do you live, Shazow?  I will send you a scanner if someone pays for shipping.
I'm in California at the moment. I appreciate the offer, but I usually avoid scanners as I have pretty demanding requirements (must work with Linux, be small/fast). I do have a Wacom tablet which works well enough, and I enjoy vectorizing too. Even when I did have a scanner, I rarely used it due to the effort required.
Gryph

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 08:34:50 PM

A stick figure mining for bitcoins and maybe a few stick figures on the same coin (to represent pooled mining) would go for far in the mining side of things.
shazow (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 08:37:27 PM

A stick figure mining for bitcoins and maybe a few stick figures on the same coin (to represent pooled mining) would go for far in the mining side of things.
Ooo that's a good one, I like it. Would you like to commission this piece? Smiley
Gryph

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 08:42:47 PM

I would, i'm still mining some coins myself though. I have a grand total of.... 0.23 BTCs  Grin

Once i have something more worthy i'll be back  Wink
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 10:00:37 PM

you ever do any animation with these?

moneyandtech.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: