Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:35:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets Join Forces And combine our GH to make some Bitcoin  (Read 1876 times)
cpubitcoin (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:46:47 PM

Stop mining by yourself and join me and let's make some Bitcoins.

I am looking for a few miners to join forces with me on btcguild  and let's combine our GH to make more Bitcoin. I am looking for miners that have 500 GH or more.

I do understand there may be a trust issue so this is how we are going to work this.

• To insure you can leave feedback at anytime on here so their will be no trust issues...  I am a member of ebay with perfect feedback  (11oilfield)
• send me a message with HOW MUCH MINING POWER YOU HAVE.  ( I need this to set the difficult level for the worker for best performance)
•I will send you your worker details and pool info to connect
•we will mine for 2 weeks straight  ( mining will officially start when we have a good number of miners... but as miners join we can start mining right away.
•We will share whatever we make.  ( if we have 10 miners, we split it 10 ways)
•I will deposit coins to my coinbase account and send everyone their share.      

This is an opportunity to make more bitcoin

I will provide a screenshot upon request at anytime of bitcoin earned or any other stats you like.

NOTE: NAMECOINS ARE ALSO MINED ON BTCGUILD AND I WILL CONVERT THEM TO BITCOINS.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 10:06:34 PM

Combining mining power does not increase the amount earned at all. The sum total is the same as separate miners. All I see is a way for you to take their money.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
cpubitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:50:06 PM

Combining mining power does not increase the amount earned at all. The sum total is the same as separate miners. All I see is a way for you to take their money.

I have no interest in being a thief, I have better character than that. If you feel that way than this is not for you.  
The more GH/s power you have during each shift the more shares you earn..  you get a bigger reward for each shift for more shares.
I am willing to share my contact info such as personal cellphone number with all interested miners.

Thanks

irrational

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:23:29 AM

The more GH/s power you have during each shift the more shares you earn..  you get a bigger reward for each shift for more shares.

Misleading.

It's true that "The more GH/s power you have during each shift the more shares you earn", but pooled mining doesn't give any one miner more hashing power. All pooled mining is about is reducing individual variance, not increased earnings.

This has scam written all over it.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:35:49 AM

My recommendation: *AVOID*
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:47:05 AM

This is pointless, there's nothing about BTC Guild which rewards faster users more for their shares than slower users.  If you are 100 GH/s you will make twice as much as 50 GH/s...as it should be.

The only thing I can possible imagine for making a sub-pool style mining account is if you're so slow you can't hit the minimum payout level...in which case you should probably stop trying to mine.

Looks like somebody is just trying to steal from others, especially considering the splitting of mined coins mentioned was purely: Coins / # of Users => Per user payment.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
tranzsport

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:57:30 AM

I have no interest in being a thief, I have better character than that. If you feel that way than this is not for you.  
I am willing to share my contact info such as personal cellphone number with all interested miners.

Thanks

dude.. are you seriously trying to convince the very person who wrote cgminer that "combining" mining power on btcguild would yield higher output than mining separately?

If I were you I'd leave it there and stop insisting on being an idiot..
cpubitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:49:08 PM

I am mining with enough GH/s to make a payout.. I tested my theory and mined with 100GH/s and seen the payout, Then I mined with 500GH/s ...The payout per shares was much higher..

Thanks for your feedback.
cpubitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:01:00 PM

Happy Easter!
DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:10:26 PM

yes, let us give him our hashes so he can earn more coins.
very logical indeed.
I want to keep my hashes though, so i respectfully decline.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:18:50 PM

I am mining with enough GH/s to make a payout.. I tested my theory and mined with 100GH/s and seen the payout, Then I mined with 500GH/s ...The payout per shares was much higher..

Just thought I'd translate what you wrote into understandable English for anyone who doesn't quite follow this thread.
The above quote means:
"I fail at maths and want to steal your money"

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:27:13 PM

Let me get this straight -- you're saying that you believe mining with a higher hashrate actually increases the amount of BTC awarded *per share*?

No.

Using hypothetical numbers, let's say that you receive, on average, ~1 BTC per 100 GH/s per 24/hr. period.  This means that with 500GH/s you will receive, on average, ~5 BTC per 500GH/s per 24/hr. period.  The reward per share is not higher; you simply have a larger proportion of the pool's hashrate and are compensated according to that ratio.

The only purpose your proposal serves is to make it a hassle for miners to receive the same payout they would otherwise receive by being smart and staying the hell away from your deal.
cpubitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:27:28 PM

wow, I get a negative trading score just because I wanted people to join me in mining. This forum is really out there. Oh and maths is improper English. I defiantly will be canceling my account on here after this.   
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 12:37:01 AM

Goodbye then Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
ak49er

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:30:15 PM

This thread was over too soon.  We didn't get to discuss over unity or perpetual motion yet. Sad

Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:51:47 AM

This thread was over too soon.  We didn't get to discuss over unity or perpetual motion yet. Sad

Why not?  There still can be in here
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:37:21 AM

wow, I get a negative trading score just because I wanted people to join me in mining. This forum is really out there. Oh and maths is improper English. I defiantly will be canceling my account on here after this.   

"Maths" is how they say "math" everywhere else in the world except the US. So there is nothing improper about it. In fact it's probably the US use of the word that would be considered incorrect. Your ignorance knows no limit!
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:28:18 AM

because at best you have made a mistake in your assumptions

otherwise you are a scammer

i think it's a reasonable precaution to possibly prevent anyone else that fails at maths from taking you up on that offer
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:52:34 AM

You are simply mixing up things:

You do not get payd per share. You get paid per shift based on the number of blocks found during that shift's "lifetime". It is quite simple actually: The reward for a shift is calculated by adding up the block reward for all blocks found during that shift's lifetime (let's assume 10 blocks were found resulting in ~25 BTC [before you start wondering: since at any point in time there are ten alive shifts the reward of a block is divided up amongst them of course]) dividing that by the total number of shares solved by ALL miners active during that shift's mining phase (let's assume 1,000,000,000, which leads to a reward per share of 0.000000025) and then multiplying that by the number of shares you provided(at 500 GH/s I'd assume about 42,000 which would result in a shift reward of 0.00105 BTC).

To cut that long story short: Since the reward you get is solely dependend on the number of blocks found and the fraction of totally found shares you provided. Combining Hashing power the way you propose yields absolutely zero gain over using that hashing power seperately in the same pool.

Another try to explain it simple: Let's talk solved shares instead of hashing power: Tim, John and Bob each are able to solve 10.000 shares per shift with their hashing power. Since the reward per share is calculated based on the found block rewards ot makes no difference wether they combine their hashing power or not, they still contribute only 30.000 shares together and thus get the exact same reward.

As was said earlier in the thread: the only possible use this could have is passing the auto payout minimum earlier, thus circumventing the quite large fee for manual withdrawels. But I am not sure if that is worth the hassle trusting the organizer (you) with collecting the BTCs and dividing them up amongst the participants of the operation.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:28:57 AM

DGM and PPS pools get a paid rate per share.
(of course anyone still running a PPS or PPS type pool is an idiot ...)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: