Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:45:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family?  (Read 19900 times)
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 06:36:20 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2012, 07:14:06 PM by StewartJ

Just to give you my feedback on how I use the alarms, I really only use the "Last" price alarm.

If I use the other Buy/Sell alarms, it's only because the spread between Buy/Last/Sell is so small I can get away with it.

And I like being able to monitor 3 different High and Low BTC price scenarios at the same time. But for me ideally, they would
all be based on "Last" price. Just my personal preference.

Ok. Another Idea could be:
Three alarms, all based on "last"
A fast "cancel" button which clears the alarm to keep "fast" informed without deleting the values by hand.
This could be helpful if you have to be prepared for small slots and don´t have the time to fill in new values. The you can do it long before and if the first alarm is beginning, you can delete it and wait for the second with a single click.

Another thing could be more statisitcs.
For example I could do a block where then separated from last price the other prices could appear to keep you more informed.
The Buttons for disabling alarms I could place also in a separted layer for "preferences" with a little button in one Edge. In the other Edge a little help-Button which explaining the basics on a seperate layer.

I like that idea, 3 "last" alarms. Keep the 3 alarm columns exactly the way they are, just make them all for "Last" price.
Most excellent upgrade!

Maybe just one "Cancel" button to clear all alarm prices at the same time would be more helpful. (in case a huge price
spike/crash triggers all the alarms at the same time) And it also clears all alarm flashes and sounds at same time?

Usually I notice there is plenty of time to revise alarm prices, it's only when we have our instant price crashes or spikes
that one doesn't have the time to alter alarm prices in time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 03:19:18 AM

Sorry, doesnt work for me.

Here is what happens when I open the page:

1 nothing
That´s right!

2 When I switch sound on I hear a single cow mooing till the counter reaches 0 for the first time
This could happen if the counter above is for example 6.4 and you enter 6 and the sound starts just that moment (I have to fix this!), but after you enter 6.5 AND the countdown was 0 it should stop that sound until the last-number reaches 6.5 or higher.

No I could just enter whatever i wanted, it just wouldnt stop mooing and growling at me

3 Then the sounds all repat and overlap so after a couple of countdowns I hear a cow mooing for every prior countdown
Overlap? This is new... Hmm, maybe slow computer? Should not happen at all even on slow computers... This is kind of curious.

Dont think so, its only 3 years old

4 I also think I can hear some bears mixing in the noise
This never should happen. Only if you reaches two countdowns at same time, which should only possible if you uses numbers which are not useful.
For example: Last is 6.5 alarm high is 6.5 and alarm low is 6.5. Then you should hear both sounds.
But it does not make sense to enter such numbers...

I just know what I know.. Wink

5 I can set any values and wait multiple countdowns, but nothing changes
That means it still makes "moo"?

And "growl"

6 green lights flash alright
And Green "LED" under countdown is always "on"?

Dont think so (cant remember clearly)

would love to use it, because mtgoxlive's audio option, wich I use atm cannot be set to a certain threshold.
Normally in this picture there should not be any alarm:
The High-Price-Level which you have set is higher than the shown price above. There seems to be no background-flashing, too.

But you still hear sound after the countdown was "0"?

Yep

Is the green light behind the counter always "on"? Or does it disappear?

I think it disappeared

Which Flash-Version do you use?
You can see your version here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html under section 2. there is a box with an red arrow which shows your flash-player-version.

Thats the point, I actually checked your link out and updated to the most current version (11.1.102.55) now everything works fine.
Before that, I had version 10.?something?.

Thanks for the quick help, I hope you find the errors in your code, so that many more poeple can fix this great tool!
As soon as I make a lot of money with the help of it, ill donate some to you;)
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 03:33:59 AM

Thats the point, I actually checked your link out and updated to the most current version (11.1.102.55) now everything works fine.
Before that, I had version 10.?something?.
Ah. Ok...
Anyway it´s kind of curious, because I have a Flash-Checker which should allow only right version and even right version should be 9.
This is really strange...
Is it possible, that you have some kind of Javascript-Blocker or even Javascript in any way disabled?

Thanks for the quick help, I hope you find the errors in your code, so that many more poeple can fix this great tool!
Thank you for your patience and for your help to find the bugs...

As soon as I make a lot of money with the help of it, ill donate some to you;)
Thank you very much

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 07:36:18 AM

Puhhh... now nearly all updates are done...

Ok. What are the changes?
  • I dropped the alarm-columns for "buy" and "sell"
  • Instead of this we´ve got now three independent alarms which are all triggered by last value
  • New are the "High", "Average" and "Low" values at the top.
  • Also there is the new calculator at the bottom. This is the "free"-calculator where you can enter your own values
  • The other calculator remains still intact and is based for the price on "last"-price-value.
    It also is dynamically.This means that it will be updated if the "last"-price is updated depending on your last entry.
  • I made many design-changes. Major change is, that those elements which are less important, are now smaller and
    their alpha-channel has changed to a lower value to make them less dark looking
  • Also there is now a help-button on the top right-corner, which should be a bit helpful for newbies
  • Another button on the top left-corner for preferences which should bring the old buttons to front.
    Later ater there should be also sound-settings.
  • Some re-arrangements to have a bit more space
  • Little animations to make clock and donation less dominant
  • Sound is now turned on at the beginning, because I guess most need sound and for those who don´t want sound,
    they have to go to preferences first to turn it off, before they enter an alarm

And what is still missing?
  • The Sound-Preferences for different alarms
  • The "cancel"-Buttons to clear the forms and also their the alarms
  • it is still triggering the alarm during entering - this is not really a bug, but it´s not nice at all.
  • More stats: I would like to see for example a summed "ask" and "bid"-value which shows direction where it goes.
  • Keyboard shortcuts for most important things like stopping alarm.

Things to discuss:
  • As mentioned before some may need the same for Bitcoinica!? - Would it be useful to do this in only one tool?
    - I would have to make this tool a bit "longer", because I would need more space for more rows.
    Or would it be better to make a second tool? I do not know which is the way most poeple here work:
    only Mt.Gox, only Bitcoinica, or always on both together?
  • Should this tool do more, like calculating fees and break-even prices like the upcoming tools will do?

Hope you like the changes, because this is more than only optimization.

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
StewartJ

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 02:53:12 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2012, 06:27:06 PM by StewartJ

Jessi, thanks for implementing the calculator changes.

Unfortunately, IMHO, the other design/layout changes detract from simplicity, ease of use, functionality.

-  Miss the the 3 big ticker read outs at the top, with big Buy / Last / Sell numbers ...now only Last... sigh...
-  Miss the icon buttons at the bottom, I now have to click thru 2 interfaces to deactivate alarms? Yikes!
-  The avg, high, low, numbers not necessary, detract from previous simplicity of the big  "Ticker" Numbers
-  The mini window version: cannot see the grey type labels, all too small, nearly invisible color.

Wish you would go back to previous design, but with the calculators, like the screen-capture I forwarded you.

Sad

My 2 BTCs.
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 06:35:57 PM

Jessi, thanks for implementing the calculator changes.

Unfortunately, IMHO, the other design/layout changes detract from simplicity, ease of use, functionality.
Oh, I´m sorry to hear that... was thinking the design is much more clear and simple...
Hmm, let me see, what we can do here.

-  Miss the the 3 big ticker read outs at the top, with big Buy / Last / Sell numbers ...now only Last... sigh...
Ok. This could be fixed easyly, because there is enough space.
The reason why I decided to make the buy- and sell-ticker smaller is, that I don´t want to mislead the people.
They maybe could think that those are still "headlines" for the columns. But the headline for all three columns now is "last price" only.
Anyway I can make them easyly looking like before.
Will be done in next update.

-  Miss the icon buttons at the bottom, I now have to click thru 2 interfaces to deactivate alarms? Yikes!
No! Finally not! ;-) This is only a Preference. I decided to place the preferences on a second page to keep the front-page as simple as possible.
There will be a cancel-button later on the front-page. But that will cancel the actual alarm without disabling sound/flash permanently.
Because we need a place where sounds could be choosen and there is no more space, I decided to do a preference page with all changes which
are permanently.
Would be a cancel-button ok for you?

-  The avg, high, low, numbers not necessary, detract from previous simplicity the big  "Ticker" Numbers
I personally find them helpful because they help a bit more to see "where you are". For example: I have the tool running fullscreen on my laptop
when I go to bed and if the alarm appearing I can see then first moment if we had some spikes without alarm or not.
But this is a feature wich we can discuss here. Any others who don´t like it or who like it?

-  The mini window version: cannot see the grey type labels, all too small, nearly invisible color.
Ok. Here I was thinking that labels normally not very important, because you allmost know what field has what label. Anyway I still have a bit
space and can make them bigger and also looking darker again.

Wish you would go back to previous design, but with the calculators, like the screen-capture I forwarded you.

Sad
My 2 BTCs.
Unhappy to hear that you don´t like it. Anyway I´ll see what I can do to make a design which is liked by all of you here.
What I could do also is a simplified version (like I have promised before), where I do drop all extras like "help", "prefs", the top-stats and maybe other things which are need to be discussed.
The we have a simplified version and a Version which is finally loaded with tons of features.

Let me know what you think.

StewartJ

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 07:03:05 PM

Unhappy to hear that you don´t like it. Anyway I´ll see what I can do to make a design which is liked by all of you here.
What I could do also is a simplified version (like I have promised before), where I do drop all extras like "help", "prefs", the top-stats and maybe other things which are need to be discussed.
The we have a simplified version and a Version which is finally loaded with tons of features.

Hey Jessi, if you could keep a simple version, like this:

That would be worth a BTC from me to you   Grin

All your changes have the correct logic behind them, I realize that now.

It's just that you got me hooked on the mini-version of your Alert tool, and now I can't stop using it!!!

I do think most folks will appreciate what you've done with the latest changes

Keep up the good work.

Stew

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 08:57:04 PM

Hey Jessi, if you could keep a simple version, like this:

That would be worth a BTC from me to you   Grin

All your changes have the correct logic behind them, I realize that now.

It's just that you got me hooked on the mini-version of your Alert tool, and now I can't stop using it!!!

I do think most folks will appreciate what you've done with the latest changes

Keep up the good work.

Stew

i like that version but i would even go one step further.  i'd remove the high/low alarms for Buy and Sell and replace them with little line graphs for hourly and daily like Clark Moody has in the upper right of his graph so we can get some idea of trend.
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 09:03:09 PM

i like that version but i would even go one step further.  i'd remove the high/low alarms for Buy and Sell and replace them with little line graphs for hourly and daily like Clark Moody has in the upper right of his graph so we can get some idea of trend.
You mean the new version, or the simplified one?

I guess the new? Ok. I see, we are dividing here into two versions like I said:
1. simple version
2. extended versions with much more features, like more stats...

Yes, Graphs would be nice. Hard to implement because there has to be many things to do first...

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 09:18:02 PM

You mean the new version, or the simplified one?

I guess the new? Ok. I see, we are dividing here into two versions like I said:
1. simple version
2. extended versions with much more features, like more stats...

Yes, Graphs would be nice. Hard to implement because there has to be many things to do first...

you should take a poll to see who uses the Buy and Sell high/low alarms.  i don't use them at all so its just wasted space for me.  if it were up to me, i'd eliminate those alarms and replace them with small line graphs like Clark Moody OR a good alternative would be to put buy and ask books in those columns.  maybe i'm complicating things...
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 09:34:49 PM

you should take a poll to see who uses the Buy and Sell high/low alarms.  i don't use them at all so its just wasted space for me.  if it were up to me, i'd eliminate those alarms and replace them with small line graphs like Clark Moody OR a good alternative would be to put buy and ask books in those columns.  maybe i'm complicating things...
Ähm? But this is allready done (eleminating the buy/sell alarms)... we´ve got now only three different last-alarms allready...
Anyway I did not drop the values for buy/sell because they are nice indicators, I think.
Anyway there is enough space, or I could even make the tool a bid greater, to implement more statistics.

I am allready thinking since yesterday in a new more flexible way of setting alarms.
Someone has mentioned in this thread this way also.

It could be this way:
First field you can select with a drop down "buy" or "last" or "sell" or "average". Second Field you could select "<" or ">" or "=" or "<=" or ">=" and in third field you could place your numbers.
Therefore three or four rows, which each acts same way. This would be really more flexible. Anyway it´s just an Idea.

Another Idea is making the Website a bigger Alarm-Tool: you could enter as many alarms like you want. Even for different marketplaces. And then you could be informed via Email or Twitter and you would have a little alarm-frontend.

But this are all only early Ideas. As always I am a little bit low on time. Therefore I am doing following:
I finalize this Version first. And then I make a simplified version like mentioned above.

After this I would like to finalize the calculators first.

And then let´s see how I can bring all of that in a usefull way together.

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 12:17:02 AM

Done!

We´ve got a little update.

There is now the reset-form-button which also stopping all alarms (but not permanently, only by clearing all forms).
If you are inside the tool you can do the same by pressing "r" for "reset".

Also you can load a "simple" version ("Stew"-Version  Grin) over the website. There is a new link.
If you are inside the Mini-Window you can switch between simpel and extended Version by pressing "s".
This should not be used on the website, because it would load then the alarm fullscreen instead of the page. ;-)

Maybe I am doing sometimes a "all inclusive version" which is simple changeable inside the same Version from simple to extended and vice versa.
But to keep my work easy I decided to do this step later. First there should be a version with all features inside.

Anyway, have fun. ;-)

Next is the "break-even-calculator".
Any Ideas about it?

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 12:26:56 AM

It could be this way:
First field you can select with a drop down "buy" or "last" or "sell" or "average". Second Field you could select "<" or ">" or "=" or "<=" or ">=" and in third field you could place your numbers.
Therefore three or four rows, which each acts same way. This would be really more flexible. Anyway it´s just an Idea.

Another Idea is making the Website a bigger Alarm-Tool: you could enter as many alarms like you want. Even for different marketplaces. And then you could be informed via Email or Twitter and you would have a little alarm-frontend.

that sounds excellent
StewartJ

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 12:27:08 AM

Done!

We´ve got a little update.

There is now the reset-form-button which also stopping all alarms (but not permanently, only by clearing all forms).
If you are inside the tool you can do the same by pressing "r" for "reset".

Also you can load a "simple" version ("Stew"-Version  Grin) over the website. There is a new link.
If you are inside the Mini-Window you can switch between simpel and extended Version by pressing "s".

This should not be used on the website, because it would load then the alarm fullscreen instead of the page. ;-)

Maybe I am doing sometimes a "all inclusive version" which is simple changeable inside the same Version from simple to extended and vice versa.
But to keep my work easy I decided to do this step later. First there should be a version with all features inside.

Anyway, have fun. ;-)

Next is the "break-even-calculator".
Any Ideas about it?

Thank you Jessi, you're my Hero. Me likes the Simpel Version!

The BTC is on its way... Cool
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 02:04:39 PM

It could be this way:

that sounds excellent
Ok, but that is much much work and I do not know in which time I can handle it. Anyway much space for Ideas. I like that Idea, because it would give much more flexibility.

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 02:05:26 PM

Thank you Jessi, you're my Hero. Me likes the Simpel Version!

The BTC is on its way... Cool
Happy to hear, that you are happy! Smiley
Thank you for the Donation!!  Smiley

StewartJ

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 06:09:32 PM

Hey Jessi,

ON the Simple Version mini window, have one tiny request.

The ticker numbers on the top are hard to read with Buy/Last Price/Sell labels so close above them.

Could you add a little space for readability?  See pic below to see what I mean

Thanks!
Stew
StewartJ

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 07:05:32 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2012, 09:17:34 PM by StewartJ

you should take a poll to see who uses the Buy and Sell high/low alarms.  i don't use them at all so its just wasted space for me.  if it were up to me, i'd eliminate those alarms and replace them with small line graphs like Clark Moody OR a good alternative would be to put buy and ask books in those columns.  maybe i'm complicating things...

The more I use the alarm(s), come to realize it is a bit redundant to have three alarms. Think it s becoming clear
that one alarm is all that most folks would ever use. Would be nice to hear feedback from other users about this.

I think that Cypherdoc is right: the idea of adding a trend indicator and foregoing 2 alarms for that. (the
ask/buy book is a good idea too, but I don't think it lends itself as well to this interface.)

I think it would be extremely useful to show price movement, just like Clark Moody does above their Times/Sales
columns with the little green line. No prices, volume, or timeline necessary... would only need to show the last
15 or 20 ticks for Last Price. This would help indicate the most recent price trend ... up, down or sideways.
Maybe there other ideas for a more useful trend indicator?

Anyhow, this is how I would envision implementing a trend indicator:

As long as it was kept very simple, as per the mantra of the "Simple Version" alert tool.

IMHO, a change like this would raise the Alert tool to whole new level of usefulness:
As a Price Ticker, an Alarm Tool, a Multifunction BTC Calculator, and a Price Trend Indicator.

What do you think Jessi, would this be a worthwhile addition to Alert Tool functionality?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 09:34:55 PM

you should take a poll to see who uses the Buy and Sell high/low alarms.  i don't use them at all so its just wasted space for me.  if it were up to me, i'd eliminate those alarms and replace them with small line graphs like Clark Moody OR a good alternative would be to put buy and ask books in those columns.  maybe i'm complicating things...

The more I use the alarm(s), come to realize it is a bit redundant to have three alarms. Think it s becoming clear
that one alarm is all that most folks would ever use. Would be nice to hear feedback from other users about this.

I think that Cypherdoc is right: the idea of adding a trend indicator and foregoing 2 alarms for that. (the
ask/buy book is a good idea too, but I don't think it lends itself as well to this interface.)

I think it would be extremely useful to show price movement, just like Clark Moody does above their Times/Sales
columns with the little green line. No prices, volume, or timeline necessary... would only need to show the last
15 or 20 ticks for Last Price. This would help indicate the most recent price trend ... up, down or sideways.
Maybe there other ideas for a more useful trend indicator?

Anyhow, this is how I would envision implementing a trend indicator:

As long as it was kept very simple, as per the mantra of the "Simple Version" alert tool.

IMHO, a change like this would raise the Alert tool to whole new level of usefulness:
As a Price Ticker, an Alarm Tool, a Multifunction BTC Calculator, and a Price Trend Indicator.

What do you think Jessi, would this be a worthwhile addition to Alert Tool functionality?

that looks very cool.  would be nice to be able to choose your timeframe (min, hour, daily, week)

from a design standpoint alone, the line graph adds alot of visual appeal.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 10:20:42 PM

that looks very cool.  would be nice to be able to choose your timeframe (min, hour, daily, week)

from a design standpoint alone, the line graph adds alot of visual appeal.

Myself,  I thought having the last 15-20 price ticks would be the most helpful as  a quick overview
of the most recent price trend.

For time frames in min, day, hour, ect, we should probably be reverting to our regular charts.

And from a programming standpoint, I would think it would probably be much easier to show
the last 20 price ticks connected by lines on a simple white background with no x/y indicators
for anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: