Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:07:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Marinecoin. Sex Lies and Videotape. Truth, scandal or scam. Thoughts?  (Read 4253 times)
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:09:25 AM

I cant seem to find much writing about marinecoin on this forum.
   If anyone has any links to threads or thoughts on the subject, id love to hear em. 

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:12:52 AM

mystery shit
marine4u

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:21:05 AM

If anyone has any links to threads or thoughts on the subject, id love to hear em. 

I am the developer, what do you want to know about Marinecoin?
contact me from the website.
you can't get facts on the threads, this is the usual spot for slanderers.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:28:38 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 12:32:32 PM by Spoetnik

your forgot about the PREMINE from hell in the topic title..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Disastrus

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:56:36 AM

biggest bunch of fruitcakes since alt coin history

pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

What was that? %99.6 premine? I don't remember correct but it was more than %95. Cheesy
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:38:54 PM

Actually their pre-mine is 97%.  But here is the real laugh, if that wasn't enough.  The remaining 3% is to be mined at an equal rate for the next 1000 years.  So even in 10 years time, there will only be 0.03% of the minable coins in the hands of the public, although they claim they will be giving away a bit from the premine.

They like to use the "rarity" of the mined coins to drive up the value of the traded coins, then take that value and add it to the total amount of "untouchable" pre-mined coins to  give the coin a huge "faked" market cap.  They plan on eventually selling off the "untouchable" coins, and using the money to purchase an island or some land somewhere, where they will create their own country and build a Megacity within.  The only currency to be used in the Megacity is Marine coin, and their line of alt coins which they plan on releasing.

They say owning a number of their coins will be all that is needed for their citizenship in their country, and if you are a large coin holder now (Or very soon), you will be able to use their coin yacht for trip around Europe.  And live the life of the rich and famous.  They also claim the coin dev is from some rich/famous German family, and he has millions of dollars, so he has no need stealing from the poor people he is helping.

It doesn't help that they started out heavily using sock puppets to pump the coin.

As for the answer of Truth/Scam.  I don't really know, haven't made my mind up on that.  It seems on the surface to be 100% scam, but my thoughts are more leaning towards cult where the leader believes this to be true.  I'm not convinced to mine or not to mine yet, as bad as it seems, it's no worse then getting behind about 97% of the other alt coins out there. 

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:40:32 PM

that faked market cap stuff is seriously nasty sleazy stuff Sad
thanks for taking the time to post us all the info i forgot myself what it was exactly and learned a little too..

if people get the info and want to get involved then fine at least people have more info to make an informed decision.
not all people will say yes i want in or no i don't..

not sure why we have a community that has become so corrupt that your considered an evil monster for highlighting scammy corrupt behavior
tell the TRUTH and you will be called a troll blah blah blah ..sad really :/
All it is is bullying.. these guy try and intimate and harass us into staying quiet.. and it works too most people keep their head down and afraid to speak out i think.

FUD first & ask questions later™
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:43:23 PM

Yep im on the site forum for marine coin.  And i believe i have the facts correct.  It is a utopian dream.  But is also.strange that so many 'slanderers' as youve mentioned exist in the forums are not ripping the idea to shreds.
   Premines scare people because it puts the power in the hands of the devs.. but as the site says.  Built in mutual trust.  Which is the only way it could work.
  We've all learned our lessons which the country coins and airdrop coins to find they are worthless as the airdrop.is immediately cashed in on the exchanges.
    I have a feeling if marinecoin is honest, this idea will work and all of the dreamy/cultish idealism can be strangely but logically possible.
    Just was wondering what the general public outside of the marinecoin site was thinking.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:54:25 PM

that faked market cap stuff is seriously nasty sleazy stuff Sad
thanks for taking the time to post us all the info i forgot myself what it was exactly and learned a little too..

if people get the info and want to get involved then fine at least people have more info to make an informed decision.
not all people will say yes i want in or no i don't..

not sure why we have a community that has become so corrupt that your considered an evil monster for highlighting scammy corrupt behavior
tell the TRUTH and you will be called a troll blah blah blah ..sad really :/
All it is is bullying.. these guy try and intimate and harass us into staying quiet.. and it works too most people keep their head down and afraid to speak out i think.

The market cap is not 'faked'.  It is actually 100% accurate based on total and available supply amounts and value.
  And yes, every coin has a tactic on driving up the price of the coin.  That is the game.  By controlling the influx of coins in the market and having the availability to supply rare mineable coins to the public, it actually creates a brilliant plan for a constant state of growth.

As far as intimidation/bullying/evil monsters? Sorry is there any examples of this? I have definitely seen it before with other coins developers being ripped to shreds on forums and going back to cry in their hole..  but again i have seen little activity about marine coin other then short unexplained subjective quotes. 

Thanks for any info!

crunchynut

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:34:31 PM

wouldn't it be better to post this answer with your "dev" account and not with the "innocent newbie just asking questions" account?

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
PereguineBerty

Activity: 109
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:22:52 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 07:50:39 PM by PereguineBerty

This thread deserves 10 out of 10 for sockpuppetry. There cannot be any other explanation; nobody with an iota of common sense would buy into the Marinecoin philosophy. It is just an out and out scam and that's all there is to it.

It does deserve some points for innovation though - i.e. its dev is the first raging fucking lunatic to create a crypto currency. The wording on his website (before it was recently relaunched) was something that only a true despot-in-the-making or seriously deranged individual could write. The pledge to cure cancer through their hash power was freaking hilarious.

Marinecoin is using antique Litecoin code and the dev has already had to bail Marinecoin out (pun intended!) buying hash power to get through a difficulty spike. If he is unable to adapt the code to fix this... then I wish him all the best building his utopian empire.

TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:30:06 PM

ive always thought of them as a scam.

They drive up price on what few coins exist (.03%) and slowly sell off premined coins.
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:35:40 PM

wouldn't it be better to post this answer with your "dev" account and not with the "innocent newbie just asking questions" account?

Haha well.thats awesome i sound like a dev, just been reading here for a while and just started posting.  I was only posting facts i knew and asking for more.

Believe marine4u ^^^^^ is the only dev for marinecoin ive seen in these forums.  Im just a trader.  I dont even mine.
   Innocent newbie? Ha sure whatever suits your fancy.

PereguineBerty

Activity: 109
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:40:39 PM

Haha well.thats awesome i sound like a dev, just been reading here for a while and just started posting.  I was only posting facts i knew and asking for more.

Believe marine4u ^^^^^ is the only dev for marinecoin ive seen in these forums.  Im just a trader.  I dont even mine.
   Innocent newbie? Ha sure whatever suits your fancy.

You came in here as a Marinecoin newbie seeking answers but you were an expert when it came to replying to suggestions of pump and dump.
pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:46:53 PM

He forgot to change accounts, LOL.
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:58:07 PM

This thread deserves 10 out of 10 for sockpuppetry. There cannot be any other explanation; nobody with an iota of common sense would buy into the Marinecoin philosophy. It is just an out and out scam and that's all there is to it.

It does deserve some points for innovation though - i.e. its dev is the first raging fucking lunatic to create a crypto currency. The wording on his website (before it was recently relaunched) was something that only a true despot-in-the-making or seriously deranged individual could write. The pledge to cure cancer through their hash power was freaking hilarious.

Marinecoin is using antique Litecoin code and the dev has already had to bail Marinecoin out (pun intended!) buying hash power to get through a difficulty spike. If he is unable to adapt the code to fix this... then I wish him all the best building his utopian empire.

Uh yah..  i did buy into marinecoin on the hopes that what may look like an outright scam for the first time is actually lead with integrity and honesty.

And i am a newbie in forums so i deserve baptism by fire.  Haha

If you guys actually think i am the dev then everything else you say may be as false as your assumptions about me.   

Newbie in the forums but started trading btc at 150.00.  So been around for a little while.

And the cancer research thing is nothing new.  People have been using hashing power to find the code for the cure for longer then this forum has existed.

marine4u

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:17:25 PM

Yep im on the site forum for marine coin.  And i believe i have the facts correct.  It is a utopian dream.  But is also.strange that so many 'slanderers' as youve mentioned exist in the forums are not ripping the idea to shreds.
   Premines scare people because it puts the power in the hands of the devs.. but as the site says.  Built in mutual trust.  Which is the only way it could work.
  We've all learned our lessons which the country coins and airdrop coins to find they are worthless as the airdrop.is immediately cashed in on the exchanges.
    I have a feeling if marinecoin is honest, this idea will work and all of the dreamy/cultish idealism can be strangely but logically possible.
    Just was wondering what the general public outside of the marinecoin site was thinking.

Okay understand, you can always invest in an other coin, the devs have the power no matter what, premine or not, they can diminish your investment to 0 if they have the intent you don't need pre-mine for that, but it all comes down to intent, also How are you going find a Dev who will work for you for free or based on ridiculous donations for the next 10-15 years to make things happen, Marinecoin is designed in a way that it is able to pay salaries to of the line professionals in their respective fields and outsource what ever its needed to stay ahead the curve without looking at the sticker price. 1 year later %75 of all devs will throw the towel the rest will follow soon after, I will be here we will talk later.

marine4u

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:26:27 PM

Not only I can adapt it myself, I can easly pay others to do it for me if I don't feel like it. but I choose not to, KGW is a disaster in my opinion and is dangerous many are changing back, Heavycoin solution remains to be seen but I expect a lot of bugs soon, Marinecoin wallet is the most stable wallet I have had the privilege to use, runs like a swiss clock you can ask the pools the exchanges the clients 0 problems over the course of months. Why would I mess things up, increasing version numbers on wallets with half page extra code and another half page chopped from other parts does not make a good wallet, I have already made the changes for the Mavericks Mac wallets for QT5 which again runs with zero problems.

Cure for cancer with GPU here what we will do is integrate it to mining Marinecoins
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/about_us/viewNewsArticle.do?articleId=210
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:28:52 PM

Okay understand, you can always invest in an other coin, the devs have the power no matter what, premine or not, they can diminish your investment to 0 if they have the intent you don't need pre-mine for that, but it all comes down to intent, also How are you going find a Dev who will work for you for free or based on ridiculous donations for the next 10-15 years to make things happen, Marinecoin is designed in a way that it is able to pay salaries to of the line professionals in their respective fields and outsource what ever its needed to stay ahead the curve without looking at the sticker price. 1 year later %75 of all devs will throw the towel the rest will follow soon after, I will be here we will talk later.

Yep i hear ya. Without premines, there is no money to manage the coin and all the salaries incorporated with having a proper dev team.

One fellow did bring up an interesting point about old litecoin code.  I am not a developer (or you as others have implied haha) but i have noticed the pos revolution taking off and now seeing things like proof of transaction, proof of resource, proof of transaction, proof of risk etc..
  Any plans with marinecoin to develop code to move forward with the rise of technological advance we are seeing?
   I think pos and pot are great ideas and would like to see that ability for marinecoin in the future.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: