Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:20:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Marinecoin. Sex Lies and Videotape. Truth, scandal or scam. Thoughts?  (Read 4253 times)
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:15:43 AM

I just searched the developers oldest post to find this but probably not the thread you are looking for but a simple search came up with these posts.

Maybe this person? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=223750;sa=showPosts
Or this person https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=224308;sa=showPosts
Or this one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=224760;sa=showPosts

Or maybe these threads https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563559.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508323.msg5609150#msg5609150

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:35:54 AM

I just searched the developers oldest post to find this but probably not the thread you are looking for but a simple search came up with these posts.

Maybe this person? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=223750;sa=showPosts
Or this person https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=224308;sa=showPosts
Or this one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=224760;sa=showPosts

Or maybe these threads https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563559.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508323.msg5609150#msg5609150

here's something I found interesting

Haha, most of people talking about MTC seems to be just new members with no (or low) activity. When you look at their posts, they only take part to MTC thread and seems to know a lot about this. Sounds really weird, same person maybe....

MTC=0.97 USD ? Fiscal Policy ? I laugh so hard I piss myself.

- MTC did actually hit .95 cents last week

In all the other posts I don't really seem any similiarites to personality types, just similar interests from people that hadn't existed on this forum, and assumably will not return.  Not completely sure why I did.  Curiosity I suppose.

But this is a brief scan of all the posts ive made.  I'll take a better look later.  If there is anything tangible in this accusation to the dev please note it.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:34:21 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 02:08:38 AM by Vivisector999

Ok, here is a quick one with little to no looking around

HectorVT.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424564.msg4624873#msg4624873 

Read that thread entire thread.  Monica and Hector are both Sock puppets of the dev/devs???

HectorVT: Quote

"Monica

I am back mining, do we know who the marinecoin developers are? I am giving the benefit of the doubt because of the ideas they have, if this goes mainstream which no one knows what can go mainstream these days (PSY) Smiley

MTC seems to have a potential, honestly people have been mining alts like it is a sport wasting electricity feeding the scammers, I have a gut feeling this is not one of them."

And then read his posts, going slowly from questioning Marine coin, ect to slowly revealing himself to be the developer.  The last 20-30 posts of his are as the developer.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419073.msg4823824#msg4823824

HectorVT:   Quote

I am the developer of marinecoin, it is different concept based on  initial mutual trust during inception and advanced mathematical formulas that I don't even totally understand but the mathematicians are contracted to work for us.  we like to call it pre-allocation, do you really think as the World's first and one only digital nation that there will ever be, I will dump the pre-allocated coins to destroy the system and betray its adapters who got involved in it,a system that I have worked so hard to create, no one even comes close to us in anyway sooner or later someone will notice and then it will be too late for everyone who has ignored it.

www.marinecoin.org

-------

We didn't post these links because well we were there, and saw the threads being created everytime the last one fell off the 1st of second page.

I am personally glad that has ended.  It was one of the steps towards getting away from the bad taste it was putting in everyone's mouth about the coin.

I myself went from quite interested in the coin, to reading through the first copy of their website, which seemed almost alien/heavy cultish, and thinking WTF.  Then got into a few scrambles with the sock puppets.  To watching thousands (Millions???) join when DOGE came around, to watching all the coins that had a community that I was behind falling to the wayside in the name of multipools and auto-trades.  Devs that were very active in the community suddenly going missing/getting bored???  My 2 main coins BTC and LTC are sputtering a bit, and Scrypt AISC's coming.

And I just realized this silly coin, that should have died out a long time ago, because of the drama/hatred/ ect is still kicking around, and the dev if still trying to fight an uphill battle even though the a lot of the devs that had it easy left already.  I am not going to lie and say I am sold, or that I am thinking of investing yet.  But it's got my curiosity again.  

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:51:06 AM

Yeh most this thread isnt trolling.  I think people actually think im a dev for marinecoin. Trolling is being subjective rather then objective in conversation i would think.
     And yes it does look like an infomercial and is making incredible claims of citys and yachts with a bunch of rich pricks dancing with wine and fancy haircuts.. im a long haired bearded fucker who doesnt wear suits and drinks beer out of a can like real people do.
    Thats not what interests me at all, pretty sure that bit should be toned down and perhaps a poor marketing plan.. haha
   im am interested though in a centralized democratic cryptocurrency.  Even the possibility of one.  If the premine is used properly even crazy ideas like boats and cities is possible.
   So truth scandal or scam? Scandal for sure, truth mostly so far (why i am here trying to find.out things i dont know) and scam? Havent seen any scamming so far.

I am not so sure I would say someone is trolling if they aren't completely objective, but everyone will have a different definition for a troll. I haven't seen much trolling at all in this thread. As an example, look at the past history for Spoetnik's posts, and you can see troll-like behavior. Although I will give him credit in this thread and say he has been rather reserved. I wish he posted like this more often.

As for the coin, the thing is, we really invest in the developer when we purchase a coin. Yes, of course the coin specs matter, but we need to both trust the dev and believe he will actively support the coin in a way that makes sense. So when we spend money on a coin, it's really a bet on the developer. Would you trust this dev with your money? If you say yes, it's about the same as saying you'd happily give up your money to that late night host on an infommercial. Do you believe this dev has good judgment? I don't think any sane person would say yes.

And scam is overused as a term here, although one could say the dev does appear to be somewhat shady with how he set things up. He is relying on a false market cap based on the premine and making outlandish claims. And although I believe in assuming a person is innocent, when there is a 97% premine, or whatever insane number there is, and the dev holds it in its entirely ... let's just say even I am not that trusting.

A centralized cryptocurrency is sort of the opposite of what most here believe in. There is also an outright flaw in the coin's objectives, as you can say if the premine is used properly, cities and boats and whatever is possible. But a fake market cap does not equate to actual money. There is nobody to sell the coins to, no way to turn a fake cap of millions into real money. There is  2K daily volume. Maybe the dev can buy a tent and a sailboat for his Utopia? So the flaws with such a vision is you need to have blind trust in the dev, and there needs to be an actual demand and use for the coin. In this case, there really is neither.

google search what trolling is.. being reserved or not has no bearing on it.
you don't like what i said ? well, you don't get to use it as a childish sleazly little method to sick the dogs on me and try and get me banned..
and that is precisely what happens across the net for YEARS now.. it is a method and an attack discrediting what someone says and
to get them fucked over for voicing their OPINION.

you don't like my opinion ? too fucking bad sweet-heart that's life grow the fuck up.

And hey guys maybe stfu with taking about me on every damn topic ? every thought of that ?
(say my name 3 times in a bathroom mirror with the lights off) IF YOU DARE ! muahhahaha

Sorry but i have to point out how god damn stupid a lot of you are here all the time and how you support scammy bs..
maybe don't support scummy garbage pyramid schemes and then defend them like children with their hand caught in the cookie jar.
All i get is this "No you stole cookies" retort, while i stare at you with your hand in the jar lol   ..classic  and sooo childish ... and god damn stupid as fuck !

edit:
Don't cry because i am far smarter than most of you Crypt-idiots.. just suck it up and come to terms with it.. it's happening !

FUD first & ask questions later™
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:31:38 AM

Yeh most this thread isnt trolling.  I think people actually think im a dev for marinecoin. Trolling is being subjective rather then objective in conversation i would think.
     And yes it does look like an infomercial and is making incredible claims of citys and yachts with a bunch of rich pricks dancing with wine and fancy haircuts.. im a long haired bearded fucker who doesnt wear suits and drinks beer out of a can like real people do.
    Thats not what interests me at all, pretty sure that bit should be toned down and perhaps a poor marketing plan.. haha
   im am interested though in a centralized democratic cryptocurrency.  Even the possibility of one.  If the premine is used properly even crazy ideas like boats and cities is possible.
   So truth scandal or scam? Scandal for sure, truth mostly so far (why i am here trying to find.out things i dont know) and scam? Havent seen any scamming so far.

I am not so sure I would say someone is trolling if they aren't completely objective, but everyone will have a different definition for a troll. I haven't seen much trolling at all in this thread. As an example, look at the past history for Spoetnik's posts, and you can see troll-like behavior. Although I will give him credit in this thread and say he has been rather reserved. I wish he posted like this more often.

As for the coin, the thing is, we really invest in the developer when we purchase a coin. Yes, of course the coin specs matter, but we need to both trust the dev and believe he will actively support the coin in a way that makes sense. So when we spend money on a coin, it's really a bet on the developer. Would you trust this dev with your money? If you say yes, it's about the same as saying you'd happily give up your money to that late night host on an infommercial. Do you believe this dev has good judgment? I don't think any sane person would say yes.

And scam is overused as a term here, although one could say the dev does appear to be somewhat shady with how he set things up. He is relying on a false market cap based on the premine and making outlandish claims. And although I believe in assuming a person is innocent, when there is a 97% premine, or whatever insane number there is, and the dev holds it in its entirely ... let's just say even I am not that trusting.

A centralized cryptocurrency is sort of the opposite of what most here believe in. There is also an outright flaw in the coin's objectives, as you can say if the premine is used properly, cities and boats and whatever is possible. But a fake market cap does not equate to actual money. There is nobody to sell the coins to, no way to turn a fake cap of millions into real money. There is  2K daily volume. Maybe the dev can buy a tent and a sailboat for his Utopia? So the flaws with such a vision is you need to have blind trust in the dev, and there needs to be an actual demand and use for the coin. In this case, there really is neither.

google search what trolling is.. being reserved or not has no bearing on it.
you don't like what i said ? well, you don't get to use it as a childish sleazly little method to sick the dogs on me and try and get me banned..
and that is precisely what happens across the net for YEARS now.. it is a method and an attack discrediting what someone says and
to get them fucked over for voicing their OPINION.

you don't like my opinion ? too fucking bad sweet-heart that's life grow the fuck up.

And hey guys maybe stfu with taking about me on every damn topic ? every thought of that ?
(say my name 3 times in a bathroom mirror with the lights off) IF YOU DARE ! muahhahaha

Sorry but i have to point out how god damn stupid a lot of you are here all the time and how you support scammy bs..
maybe don't support scummy garbage pyramid schemes and then defend them like children with their hand caught in the cookie jar.
All i get is this "No you stole cookies" retort, while i stare at you with your hand in the jar lol   ..classic  and sooo childish ... and god damn stupid as fuck !

edit:
Don't cry because i am far smarter than most of you Crypt-idiots.. just suck it up and come to terms with it.. it's happening !
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579595.0

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: