Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:01:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quit smoking  (Read 6665 times)
Tread

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:13:27 PM

I found patches and gum didn't do it for me, nicotine inhalers which have cartridges you change out is what worked for me - http://www.productreview.com.au/p/nicorette-inhaler.html

Been smoke free for about 3 years now, used the inhaler for 2 weeks to help with cravings, went cold turkey 2 weeks after that.  As others have mentioned you need to WANT to quit smoking, like REALLY want it in order to be successful.

I was pretty much a pack a day smoker for 10 years, quite 2 times before for about 1.5 years each time, this method seems to be the longest lasting for me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jparsley

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:33:06 PM

Nicorette inhaler. Thanks for sharing this

please unban me.
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:37:39 PM

Vaping! The answer is vaping! Go to a vape shop and buy a mod and start vaping. It's like an electronic cigarette but it works much, much better. You get tanks and fill them with liquid that has nicotine and flavoring in it. I converted to this very easily and am about a thousand times healthier. There is a lot of research being done and so far I haven't found a single credible study that indicated any harmful effects other than mild throat and lung irritation, and even those were far less severe than the same effects from smoking.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 04:11:58 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 05:42:19 PM by LaudaM

Vaping! The answer is vaping! Go to a vape shop and buy a mod and start vaping. It's like an electronic cigarette but it works much, much better. You get tanks and fill them with liquid that has nicotine and flavoring in it. I converted to this very easily and am about a thousand times healthier. There is a lot of research being done and so far I haven't found a single credible study that indicated any harmful effects other than mild throat and lung irritation, and even those were far less severe than the same effects from smoking.
Interesting, this is the first time that I've heard about this.
Thank you for the share. There needs to be a lot more research done in that field.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dogechode

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:42:31 PM

Vaping works because it addresses more than just the nicotine component - it addresses the whole habit by mimicking actual smoking. Believe it or not you're addicted to holding cigarettes in your hand and breathing the smoke in and out almost as much as the nicotine itself.

With vaping you can start on a high nicotine level and work your way down (the liquids come in many different levels.)

Everything I have seen, read, and experienced seems to indicate that the tar and chemicals added to cigarettes are responsible for the health problems and general feeling of shittiness that occurs with smoking. It's not the nicotine.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:09:53 PM

I have been smoking for ages.

Does anyone have a secret how i can finally stop?

1) Punch this into google: "innokin mvp 2.0"
2) Order it
3) when it arrives, throw your cigs away, make sure you have backup e-juice
4)thank me later

I picked one up about 7months ago. after smoking 10-20,. everyday since i was 15 and like 40 on the weekends, tobacco no filters

try to do it when you got free time at home, don't go out drinking with buddies cause you might be tempted to smoke again. first couple of days are little hard, afterwards plain sailing.. You'll notice sense of smell coming back maybe smell the summer grass for first time, everythings fresher, food has more flavor, more energy you can run a bit without wheezing like an old man, no ash everywhere, NO coughing when you wake up in the morning.  hangovers are much less sever

started smoking real cig for the first time again 3 weeks ago, two drags and it tasted shit and dirty and just stubbed it out, took about 30 mins to get rid of the stench, realised vaping is the answer. I thought it was a bit gay at first like handbags for men but now, prefer it over cigs no doubt

no bullshit e-cigs are the best, all of these patches, gum bla bla pale in comparison
the actual physiological act of smoking you can get from this too.

dogechode

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:33:22 PM

1) Punch this into google: "innokin mvp 2.0"
2) Order it
3) when it arrives, throw your cigs away, make sure you have backup e-juice
4)thank me later

I picked one up about 7months ago. after smoking 10-20,. everyday since i was 15 and like 40 on the weekends, tobacco no filters

try to do it when you got free time at home, don't go out drinking with buddies cause you might be tempted to smoke again. first couple of days are little hard, afterwards plain sailing.. You'll notice sense of smell coming back maybe smell the summer grass for first time, everythings fresher, food has more flavor, more energy you can run a bit without wheezing like an old man, no ash everywhere, NO coughing when you wake up in the morning.  hangovers are much less sever

started smoking real cig for the first time again 3 weeks ago, two drags and it tasted shit and dirty and just stubbed it out, took about 30 mins to get rid of the stench, realised vaping is the answer. I thought it was a bit gay at first like handbags for men but now, prefer it over cigs no doubt

no bullshit e-cigs are the best, all of these patches, gum bla bla pale in comparison
the actual physiological act of smoking you can get from this too.

Exactly. One of the best things is after you have been vaping for a bit, if you try a cigarette it tastes like dog shit and your hands stink and you can just smell the smoke on you and you will be like holy fuck have I been smelling like this the whole time I was a smoker??

I started on an eGo device that I got for like $20 at a vape store, within a couple months I upgraded to a vamo and now I'm using the itaste SVD. You can spend as much or little as you like, I kept upgrading devices because I wanted more features but it's not necessary.

The e-liquid is also waaaaaay cheaper than cigarettes. You will save a fortune.

For e-liquid check out Mt. Baker Vapor to start (it is cheap but not complete garbage) then when you you are ready for the big leagues look into Ahlusion, Heather's Heavenly Vapes, Suicide Bunny, etc. Just make sure you steer clear of any Chinese liquids, they are notoriously unreliable in terms of ingredients, contaminants, etc. Anything produced in the US / western Europe is generally fine. Ahlusion has a state of the art laboratory, you can see pictures on their site.
Anotheranonlol

Merit: 504

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:43:30 PM

Exactly. One of the best things is after you have been vaping for a bit, if you try a cigarette it tastes like dog shit and your hands stink and you can just smell the smoke on you and you will be like holy fuck have I been smelling like this the whole time I was a smoker??

I started on an eGo device that I got for like $20 at a vape store, within a couple months I upgraded to a vamo and now I'm using the itaste SVD. You can spend as much or little as you like, I kept upgrading devices because I wanted more features but it's not necessary.

The e-liquid is also waaaaaay cheaper than cigarettes. You will save a fortune.

For e-liquid check out Mt. Baker Vapor to start (it is cheap but not complete garbage) then when you you are ready for the big leagues look into Ahlusion, Heather's Heavenly Vapes, Suicide Bunny, etc. Just make sure you steer clear of any Chinese liquids, they are notoriously unreliable in terms of ingredients, contaminants, etc. Anything produced in the US / western Europe is generally fine. Ahlusion has a state of the art laboratory, you can see pictures on their site.

100% with you.  I picked a disposable up at a garage thinking fuck it why not,
realised 3 days later hadn't touched a cig even with them sitting next to me. did some googling on some e-cig subreddit, there was a ton of options, there's this whole community talking about mech mods, vg/pg's, variable voltage bla bla.. you can get lost in it. I brought ego, then onto innokin and settled happily.

If you smoke a cig now you can smell it in the room and on your clothes for hours just lingering like a walking ashtray.. kinda makes you sick to imagine that's what you smelt like, you feel so much cleaner inside and out after a while of vaping, like you're body has been through a car-wash and given a full service and a new lease of life.. you miss real cigs a t first, especially if you're drinking, but after a while you'll have no desire to light up again and black your lungs up.

Also a tip, if you start of with a disposable it can actually help more than one of these box shaped ones, because of the familiarity and resemblance to a normal cig, holding it in your fingers in the same way, leaning out a window blowing smoke etc.. it works as a psychological and physiological  crutch a bit better than a big dildo shaped device for some people initiailly

dogechode

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

100% with you.  I picked a disposable up at a garage thinking fuck it why not,
realised 3 days later hadn't touched a cig even with them sitting next to me. did some googling on some e-cig subreddit, there was a ton of options, there's this whole community talking about mech mods, vg/pg's, variable voltage bla bla.. you can get lost in it. I brought ego, then onto innokin and settled happily.

Yeah I did the same thing basically I had tried to quit a few times, one day I'm caving to the craving and I go to a gas station and I'm like hmmm I'll try this "blu" thing. For me it sucked bc it was really hard to inhale and I wasn't getting a good hit but it got me thinking. So I did some searching and found the e-cigarette forum and from there wound up at a vape shop a day or two later and never looked back.

Also a tip, if you start of with a disposable it can actually help more than one of these box shaped ones, because of the familiarity and resemblance to a normal cig, holding it in your fingers in the same way, leaning out a window blowing smoke etc..

For me disposables couldn't really satisfy but I agree that I don't understand the freaking box mods and crazy shit like that. I started out with a small eGo about the size of a fountain pen, then went up to bigger mods (but still cylinders not giant rectangles) because I wanted variable voltage and such.

...a big dildo shaped device...

...roflmao

One other thing, to the OP - if you find that with tanks of liquid you aren't getting as much "heat" or "throat hit" as you want/need initially, you can try something called a drip tip - you just put it on in place of a tank and you drop a few drips of liquid into it and hit it several times, then put more drops, etc. A drip tip gives you way more heat/intensity. I have used them on and off but after I got pas the initial phase I stuck with tanks mainly for convenience.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:24:32 PM

then i realized it wasn't the nictoine i was addicted to, but the people that told me to quit.  they were hoo i wanted to have sexx with

i am here.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:24:57 PM

some people like to smoke at situation when they feel stress  is it good at that time
This. I usually smoke only when I'm stressed out at work. At other times I try to avoid it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kuroman

Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:53:29 PM

It's all about motivation, if you really want to stop smoking you can, I remember my father was a big smoker but once he had a heart attack and surgery, he stopped immediately. you'd better not let it get to that point, you might not have the same chance
eXch

Activity: 104
Merit: 478

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:58:45 PM

Wonderful and unexplainable thing about stopping smoking is when one day you understand that you need it for nothing and you just stop doing that. Great experience!

"[...] Note: even though it originally came from an acronym, Tor is not spelled "TOR". Only the first letter is capitalized. In fact, we can usually spot people who haven't read any of our website (and have instead learned everything they know about Tor from news articles) by the fact that they spell it wrong."
 -- https://support.torproject.org/about/why-is-it-called-tor
sanjoea

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:07:47 AM

Healthy living is important for everyone, quit smoking is very important

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Tread

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:51:47 AM

From what I've seen friends using "e-cigarettes" it seems to reduce their smoking, but doesn't stop it, it's more like a "healthier" substitute than anything.  Definitely worth giving it a go though because as others have said it's been very effective for them, but from what I'm reading it doesn't make you stop

The other thing that helped me, believe it or not, is deep breathing.  When I was craving a cigarette I simply took 4 or 5 HUGE breaths (as much as my lungs could hold) and this helped take a little bit of the edge off.

I hope you're successful in quitting, don't be discouraged if you don't succeed the first time!
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:33:37 AM

Cold turkey is the only method that works
WOrked for me (on the seventh try)

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:24:51 PM

Yet many don't live healthy, and many smoke.
Such words have no real meaning these days.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Garryashas

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:35:59 PM

Yet many don't live healthy, and many smoke.
Such words have no real meaning these days.

Many live in trashcan. Don't associate yourself with a crowd.
dogechode

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:02:11 PM

We want to see pics of your new setup after you visit a vape shop lol. If you don't have one nearby you can order online but if you have a local one it's really useful since you can go in and try a bunch of stuff first (they have disposable tips so you can try different mods and flavors of e-liquid without sharing germs.)
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:18:37 PM

Just say STOP. This is not hard psychologically  but It's hard physically because you get addicted to smoking and If you smoke for a long time your body requires nicotine. And if you don't give It you feel bad, that's the problem.. Brains messes up..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: