Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:51:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So many newbie crying for gox liquidation  (Read 2815 times)
jl2012 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:19:48 PM

Like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575731.0

and this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576482.0

Coincidence?

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:26:41 PM

We have even "Final warning"  from lawyer and from an Investment Banker :-)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577764.0
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2167
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:27:18 PM

FUD FUD FUD

GREED GREED GREED

People would kill for cheap coins. They dont care if others lose all they have, only because they want get cheap coins. Spreading FUD and panic. Sickening world...
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:11:32 PM

FUD FUD FUD

GREED GREED GREED

People would kill for cheap coins. They dont care if others lose all they have, only because they want get cheap coins. Spreading FUD and panic. Sickening world...

And how much of the liquid Bitcoin market is tuned into this forum?

0.01% at a very generous push?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:16:33 PM

The Gox liquidation is trending in the news right now, and it affects btc, so naturally some of us will be discussing it.

Jr65

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:57:51 PM

Yes, we are crying and for good reason. Face facts. Stop living in a fantasy land of pure hope with no substance. BTC is so overvalued that it's an insult to capitalism. BTC, and its naive investors, are living in their own little world while all sorts of private and unknown factors are conspiring against it behind the scenes. When these influences crash the party, BTC prices will get a bloody thrashing! Mt. Gox, alone, will reset the BTC price button. The 200k coins (and the other hundreds of thousands of additional coins that will be found!) are going to be privately sold to wealthy investors at deep discounts. The same investors will buy up all the panic sales, rebuild the BTC space the right way and, in the process, push out all the little guys. No one is winning in this version of BTC, except for lucky in/out traders or those that got in pre-$25-50. Over the long-term, BTC's second incarnation will be the only real winner. Hate to be the bearer of bad news. I'd rather know now than get hammered when the wealthy take over BTC.     
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:02:14 PM

Yes, we are crying and for good reason. Face facts. Stop living in a fantasy land of pure hope with no substance. BTC is so overvalued that it's an insult to capitalism. BTC, and its naive investors, are living in their own little world while all sorts of private and unknown factors are conspiring against it behind the scenes. When these influences crash the party, BTC prices will get a bloody thrashing! Mt. Gox, alone, will reset the BTC price button. The 200k coins (and the other hundreds of thousands of additional coins that will be found!) are going to be privately sold to wealthy investors at deep discounts. The same investors will buy up all the panic sales, rebuild the BTC space the right way and, in the process, push out all the little guys. No one is winning in this version of BTC, except for lucky in/out traders or those that got in pre-$25-50. Over the long-term, BTC's second incarnation will be the only real winner. Hate to be the bearer of bad news. I'd rather know now than get hammered when the wealthy take over BTC.     

Arghhh

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:05:04 PM

I'm guessing you missed out on those cheap coins back in 2011?
 Grin
 Grin
 Grin
bitcoinsrus

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:10:40 PM

I'm guessing you missed out on those cheap coins back in 2011?
 Grin
 Grin
 Grin

Im thinking the cheap 339 coins in 2014  Wink
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:09:48 PM

Try harder Mr.lawyer/MBA/Investmentbanker.  This 65year old GAP worker isn't buying into your conspiracy theory. 

Jr65

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

No worries. My theories mean absolutely nothing until they come true. Let's wait and see...
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:34:37 PM

No worries. My theories mean absolutely nothing until they come true. Let's wait and see...

Put a date on it.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:05:32 PM

My theories mean absolutely nothing

Finally you understand. Good.

i am satoshi
Bitcoin BEAR

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:09:28 PM

GREED GREED GREED

They dont care if others lose all they have, only because they want get cheap coins. Spreading FUD and panic. Sickening world...

They wouldn't lose all they have if it weren't for their own GREED GREED GREED. In many cases, the supposed "FUD" is justifiable due to real events. You holders just prolong the inevitable in these cases. It's the same for someone who is shorting in an uptrend... They will lose! Besides, Just HODL, it'll always go up, right?  Roll Eyes

You talk of greed, when you just want to ride the wave up on the backs of the new suckers.
While you're holding forever, someone is making all the money. Eventually, they will get out and never buy back, then all you holders will really be holding. Holding a bag full of internet tokens! They should buy you some good cheap toys, right? hmm, no! Sad
Jr65

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:11:44 PM

Nov. 21, 2014. Kidding! No one can put a date on it, man. All we can do is watch the news for updates on the Mt. Gox Bankruptcy case. Once the case begins, I would imagine that attempts to liquidate the coins will get underway quickly. I'd be a little surprised, but not totally shocked, if groups are already privately bidding for the coins. That would be really unfair but money and unfair have been joined at the hip since the dawn of time.  
Jr65

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:20:15 PM

"Until they happen" was the last part of that sentence. What are your theories, clown? Buy, hold, hope, pray? Go back to sleep, where you are most helpful.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:08:34 PM

"Until they happen" was the last part of that sentence. What are your theories, clown? Buy, hold, hope, pray? Go back to sleep, where you are most helpful.

Yawn. My theory is that once we move past 800, you will have to come up with another theory unattached to reality. Let's see this coming August how well our theories held up shall we?

PS Oh and I leave it up to you to come up with a faraway place where I advise you to go and some derogatory noun to describe yourself. You need practice.

i am satoshi
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:58:23 AM

Nov. 21, 2014. Kidding! No one can put a date on it, man. All we can do is watch the news for updates on the Mt. Gox Bankruptcy case. Once the case begins, I would imagine that attempts to liquidate the coins will get underway quickly. I'd be a little surprised, but not totally shocked, if groups are already privately bidding for the coins. That would be really unfair but money and unfair have been joined at the hip since the dawn of time.  

It is more than 210 days (7 months) from Apr. 22.2014 to Nov. 21.2014.  Miners will mine more than 750,000 new bitcoins.  ( 0.25 bitcoin per 1 early adopter. ... if there will only 3,000,000 bitcoin supporters ).
fr33d0miz3r

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:06:59 AM

+1.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:08:50 AM

BTC is so overvalued that it's an insult to capitalism.

Based on what metric? According to my metric, Apple is so overvalued, its ridiculous - they sell your personal NSA bugs which you are even supposed to pay. And they are not even making these "Apple products", they simply resell them. You'd have to pay me to carry such an abomination. Yet people *want* exactly that, which is why Apple is profitable and worth what it is. So who am I to judge?

Bitcoin is a candidate for the most important invention of the 21st century. IMHO it should be worth more than the entire world wide banking sector, combined, which should be worth nothing because they do not produce anything of value - unless you value debt, that is. Bitcoin can replace most of this parasite.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.