Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:42:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GOOD] Part PoW! Part Human mining! Part decided by U! ON EXCHANGE!  (Read 90321 times)
gts476

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:25:21 AM

Thanks guys!  Grin

Time to journey into the wider forum and spread the good word! After all.....

One good turn deserves another!

I'm hooked.

G.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shuxy

Activity: 217

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:24:10 AM

so... updated windows wallet fix available  Grin

http://www.mediafire.com/download/38j4g1vzjeua2yo/GOODcoin-qt.zip

Tested on XP, win7, win8.

Let me know how it goes.
Works Great, especially when you can unlock the wallet for staking only!
GOOD job!
And there is also a total Balance! (it includes stake and unconfirmed?)

Wallet is working fine here as well Smiley
gts476

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:25:31 AM

Dev why not use some of the 51% as a prize?

ie: I don't know much about e-sports but why not organise a tournament in something popular and visual.

Like.....  StarCraft in South Korea?

Strap line: Good coin puts on a good show! Winner takes all (insert game here, DOTA 2?) Tournament! (Insert prize here)

Maybe even contact these guys? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_e-Sports_Association

G.

p.s. if you like this idea and know something about e sports please wade in here!

FreebieZoner

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:30:03 AM

ie: I don't know much about e-sports but why not organise a tournament in something popular and visual.

Strap line: Good coin puts on a good show! Winner takes all (insert game here, DOTA 2?) Tournament! (Insert prize here)

Maybe even contact these guys? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_e-Sports_Association

G.

p.s. if you like this idea and know something about e sports please wade in here!

The GOODs are being given out,  but I think just need a bigger following before they can launch a big prize bounty otherwise what's a competition if there's only like a couple people?  But a SC competition sounds fun!

My GOODies
GOOD GdW7XLTFByH1AU5dZjA2MEewRaTMzek5sw
DakotaFred

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:37:45 AM

How about for fun @ http://goodcoin.altcoinfaucet.net you remove the time limit and let use go nuts under the faucet for awhile Smiley
gts476

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:07:17 AM

G.

The GOODs are being given out,  but I think just need a bigger following before they can launch a big prize bounty otherwise what's a competition if there's only like a couple people?  But a SC competition sounds fun!

Couldn't agree more! Typing is not as good for forming ideas as talking to someone is but I've had an idea!

Ok, this is the plan....

(apologies, I hate writing)

Premise: AltCoins are a saturated market with little distinction between coins (BC=WC=AC=COMM=VOV=CINNI=C2=YIN=YANG) know what I mean?

How doe's GOOD differentiate itself?

A difference is created by community support (DOGE is a great example of a fantastic community behind a terrible coin).

It's already off to a good start, I love the name and the idea of a human distribution but what if this happened.......

What if GOOD developers formed a small foundation who took a portion (large portion mind you) of the 'human premine' and put it in a special multi-signature wallet.

What if the GOOD foundation then never touched the capital in this wallet, but minted interest @ 10% per annum.

What if the GOOD foundation then used this interest to increase the visibility and acceptance of GOOD through formally sponsoring their own e-sport league?

What if GOOD was the crypto-currency which monopolises e-sports?

What would happen to the base of support for GOOD, the visibility of GOOD and the acceptance of GOOD by merchants?

Honestly, I think this might be a really GOOD idea, GOOD could do this right now!

It could genuinely make GOOD something really, really special. No one has done this!

Tell me you guys don't love this idea!

G.

Seefude (OP)

Activity: 196

We're all good at something, no1's good for nothin

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:07:47 AM

G.

Would totally love something like that, but doubt they'd care about a coin that just came out.. although that can't really stop us from organizing our own.. Someone want to be in charge of organizing something like this? These kinds of things are what the 51% are for anyways.

GoodCoin Founder, GoodFlop High Score = 40 (GOOD faucet that pays depending on your score!)
Crypto-trade.com - BTC/LTC/WDC/DGC/UTC Exchange
Seefude (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:11:56 AM

G.

Couldn't agree more! Typing is not as good for forming ideas as talking to someone is but I've had an idea!

Ok, this is the plan....

Premise: AltCoins are a saturated market with little distinction between coins (BC=WC=AC=COMM=VOV=CINNI=C2=YIN=YANG) know what I mean?

A difference is created by community support (DOGE is a great example of a fantastic community behind a terrible coin).

It's already off to a good start, I love the name and the idea of a human distribution but what if this happened.......

What if GOOD developers formed a small foundation who took a portion (large portion mind you) of the 'human premine' and put it in a special multi-signature wallet.

What if the GOOD foundation then never touched the capital in this wallet, but minted interest @ 10% per annum.

What if the GOOD foundation then used this interest to increase the visibility and acceptance of GOOD through formally sponsoring their own e-sport league?

What would happen to the base of support for GOOD, the visibility of GOOD and the acceptance of GOOD by merchants?

Honestly, I think this might be a really GOOD idea, GOOD could do this right now!

It could genuinely make GOOD something really, really special. No one has done this!

G.

Big dreamer, me likey! All completely possible with the right path. However I'm out of time today, you guys can keep storming though I'll read through everything when I have the time. Do good, get GOODs!

GoodCoin Founder, GoodFlop High Score = 40 (GOOD faucet that pays depending on your score!)
Seefude (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:14:00 AM

How about for fun @ http://goodcoin.altcoinfaucet.net you remove the time limit and let use go nuts under the faucet for awhile Smiley

Sure, I'll request it for a limited time, not sure when they will implement it though. Will take time limit to 1 minute, not sure if 0 is a good idea hehe

Seefude (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:18:32 AM

oh yea, one other thing, will have to consider which exchange we want to aim for soonish. Which one do you guys like?

AFaQ

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:23:53 AM

G.

Ok, this is the plan....

G.

Dude, do you even play video games? All of the esports leagues are ran by the games themselves, theres no way to get a following when they game itself sponsors and hosts tournaments, good effort, annoying capitalization, fail idea. 3/10

SPACE
gts476

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:29:49 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 02:41:57 AM by gts476

No I don't play video games.

That's interesting about the games running the leagues, but unless there is and IP issue it makes no difference.
eSports players play for money, GOOD would have money (GOOD) to steak prizes.

G.

IP = intellectual property.

Rebuttal?
Shuxy

Activity: 217

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:41:53 AM

I find that the altcoin community has a lot of ideas, and a lot of talkers, but very few people actually doing the work required to bring those ideas to fruition. Dogecoin and Vertcoin are probably the best communities I've seen, but outside of them, I see a lot of greed, a lot of talk just for bounties. Indeed, we should think big, but we should also start. Even a small start is a start. The issue I see today is lots of thinking big, and nothing else.

@gts476: It'd be great if you could take the action needed and let us know what the detailed steps are in order for your idea to happen.

Just my two cents GOODs.
gts476

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:01:27 AM

I find that the altcoin community has a lot of ideas, and a lot of talkers, but very few people actually doing the work required to bring those ideas to fruition. Dogecoin and Vertcoin are probably the best communities I've seen, but outside of them, I see a lot of greed, a lot of talk just for bounties. Indeed, we should think big, but we should also start. Even a small start is a start. The issue I see today is lots of thinking big, and nothing else.

@gts476: It'd be great if you could take the action needed and let us know what the detailed steps are in order for your idea to happen.

Just my two cents GOODs.

Not too difficult, the plan is simple.

1. Stop or limit the human mine.
2. Use the human mine to mint GOOD. (Never touch the capital! ever!)

At this point in time you have a source of capital to invest in perpetuity.

3. Use value of minted GOOD to fund ventures to further benefit GOOD and crypto currency in general.

eSports would be an example of how to increase the visibility and acceptance of GOOD.

for eSports......

Find a pre existing league (pre existing infrastructure). Rebrand it with GOOD then use minted GOOD to steak prizes.

Would just need to find an eSports league to start with. Shouldn't be hard.

G.

denniscdunbar

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:08:46 AM

Pool Huh Exchange Huh Any info Huh

Same question from me.  Where and When?
gts476

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:24:52 AM

Just my two cents GOODs.

For example,

Dr Major League Gaming,

GOOD coin feels that the communities of eSports and crypto-currencies are a natural fit for one another and we would love to explore the possibility of a long term strategic partnership between the two.

In the spirit of this exciting endeavour GOOD would like to sponsor the organisation of a tournament where entry will be free and all prizes will be awarded in GOOD......

bla bla bla.....

Their sponsor section is down but......

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/advertise

If you a message like that to there then that would be a pretty good start, no?

GOOD would need value before doing this, create that value by committing to this idea, announcing it, wait a while and then do it.

That is where you start.

No?

chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 03:35:27 AM

GOODcoin faucet is up at http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com/?id=GOOD

Please dev, fill it with some GOOD so i can enable dripping from it, currently it drips a random amount between 0 and 0.1 each half hour per ip address. Based on the amount on the faucet i'll enable more.

Faucet donation address -> GX16HXkmPp4a7P7ukkXf3u3m8K93hMxmTp
Bounty address -> GXtbGBzcx9dwpSHthyeupkdwZRgT3Y4aGX

The Rock, Paper, Scissors game will be enabled when the Bounty is received (as half the bounty is what i use to back the games).

http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com/games/rps

Games backing address -> GaQG2kLPmH39uvhspk33Y8PgkbGrtZ7Lxo
Games bounty address -> GXtbGBzcx9dwpSHthyeupkdwZRgT3Y4aGX

qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:41:50 AM

This coin is rocking with the faucets..When this goes on an exchange it will explode. I get it will be very popular! Smiley

OMG I just got another 150 in my wallet where did they come from lol? Cheesy Cheesy
DakotaFred

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:50:42 AM

This coin is rocking with the faucets..When this goes on an exchange it will explode. I get it will be very popular! Smiley

OMG I just got another 150 in my wallet where did they come from lol? Cheesy Cheesy

The only coin that magically appears in your wallet !
gts476

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:54:49 AM

I like that idea......

Reward for the wallet which has tipped the most other GOOD users!

G.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: