Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:02:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GOOD] Part PoW! Part Human mining! Part decided by U! ON EXCHANGE!  (Read 90335 times)
mumus

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:03:19 PM

I'm running 3 nodes with updated wallets and doing solo mining on one of them. It's forking immediately when I find a block, and I'm losing connection from the rest of the network. Without having the majority of the nodes updated will be hard to keep up this coin. I think pools should update their wallets together at the same time otherwise there will be chaos.

-> Come on to http://good.coins4everyone.com!

Our pool is UP and RUNNING
Our wallet has been updated to the fixed version.
If you want to get some GOOD coins, you may want to switch to our pool

To get plenty of Good Coins, just point your miners to:
Stratum: stratum+tcp://stratum.coins4everyone.com
Port: 4324
Algorithm: scrypt
Username: Weblogin.Worker
Password: Worker Password
and then relax... We take care of the rest!

Benefits of Mining @ coins4everyone.com:
* based in Europe
* incredible uptime
* fast dedicated servers w/redundancy, triple layer DDoS protection
* only 1% fee
* pplns
* nice & caring support
* trustworthy & skilled admins

Come on, we need more hash power, point your miners to our pool and let.s spread hashrate! ;-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Seefude (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

We're all good at something, no1's good for nothin

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:15:36 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 06:14:04 PM by Seefude

Hi Everyone,

I just woke up and starting to catch up to everyone, but our coder noticed something odd last night before going to sleep (he's only human like the rest of us). Please keep in mind that mistakes do happen, everybody makes them, but it is how we deal with them that defines who we are to those around us.

He already made a fix apparently before going to bed, but we will have to do more than simply coordinate all pools since there are solominers as well. If this turns out to be true, then I see a few options.

1) Find fix and hard fork it, only human mining and bounties paid until then
  • Pros: Coin will work as promised/intended
  • Cons: Not sure how long scrypt miners have to wait until fix is finalized

2) Stop remainder of scrypt PoW, make coin purely bounty and human mining (max coin supply will drop to about 51.1 million)
  • Pros: GOODs already earned will not be lost
  • Cons: scrypt miners will no longer be able to hash for GOODs unless we create a multipool

3) Kill the coin, fork a different coin, and relaunch GOOD - Not an option due to unpopularity
  • Cons: Last 6 days of hash/work/clicky would be for nothing

4)Coordinating a time when all pools and solo miners can update at the same time
  • Cons: Forks may occur if not everyone updates at same time

5) Stop remainder of Scrypt PoW and destroy remaining premine, only PoS will generate new GOODs
  • Pros: Early adopters will benefit greatly, only 300k-400k in circulation
  • Cons: No more bounties to pay out, so likely also no more new features

This will obviously be the priority of the day.

Edit: To those who think we simply copied and paste, that is not true as there are many changes that were made. It's unfortunate this issue came up today, since we were working on a new feature that make our wallet one of the most advanced wallet out there.

GoodCoin Founder, GoodFlop High Score = 40 (GOOD faucet that pays depending on your score!)
Crypto-trade.com - BTC/LTC/WDC/DGC/UTC Exchange
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:19:53 PM

The coin is still underdeveloped.Needs massive attention from developers.
ROBERTO
Legendary

Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:49:56 PM

Hello GOOD community!!

I try this faucet http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com/?id=GOOD but i receive nothing

And this one to http://cryptofaucets.coffeecup.com/forms/GOODCOIN%20Faucet/

Thanks for your GOOD work Seefude

Have a Good day!!!
matoy

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 03:22:17 PM

As asked by Seefude by private message, our pool coins4everyone has been temporarily shut down until the issue on the GOOD coin is fixed. @Seefude: please keep in touch by pm for further notice.

Hash with us and mine fresh coins @ http://www.coins4everyone.com
Casu

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:37:08 PM

Please not 3! I think also number 5 kind of destroys the point of the coin. I would go with number 1!
Seefude (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:39:16 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just woke up and starting to catch up to everyone, but our coder noticed something odd last night before going to sleep (he's only human like the rest of us). Please keep in mind that mistakes do happen, everybody makes them, but it is how we deal with them that defines who we are to those around us.

He already made a fix apparently before going to bed, but we will have to do more than simply coordinate all pools since there are solominers as well. If this turns out to be true, then I see a few options.

2) Stop remainder of scrypt PoW, make coin purely bounty and human mining (max coin supply will drop to about 51.1 million)
  • Cons: scrypt miners will no longer be able to hash for GOODs unless we create a multipool

3) Kill the coin, fork a different coin, and relaunch GOOD

4)Coordinating a time when all pools and solo miners can update at the same time

5) Stop remainder of Scrypt PoW and destroy remaining premine, only PoS will generate new GOODs

Edit: To those who think we simply copied and paste, that is not true as there are many changes that were made. It's unfortunate this issue came up today, since we were working on a new feature that make our wallet one of the most advanced wallet out there.

We are currently planning on going with option 4 later tonight (8-10 hours from now), but would love to hear more feedback. This option will require a mandatory update. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will get through this!

GoodCoin Founder, GoodFlop High Score = 40 (GOOD faucet that pays depending on your score!)
Jacobinge

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:50:05 PM

Faucet must have bigger timeout, 1 minute is so low as there are 100 members that will claim all the coins from faucet, also this way faucet kills the need of mining the coin, i have 450+kh and i get 10x less from mining than from faucet so based on that i don't have a need to mine this coin as i get more without spending anything from faucet, so please reconsider the claim time again
It was just a fun idea I had and the dev actually implemented it !  It's only for a limited time and it's awesome get to the clickin' and a typin' !
flubber

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:52:00 PM

Option 4 seems like a good idea, all pools will be oki and that is what matter, as we are not on exhanges there is abolutly no problem with the coin.

We don't need to worry about issues with sources and forks with exhanges, so all is GOOD
tweminer

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:53:47 PM

no 2  Wink u see so little people mining, better stop pow. try targeting good exchange like mintpal/poloniex with you know what it.  Shocked
Seefude (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:22:32 PM

no 2  Wink u see so little people mining, better stop pow. try targeting good exchange like mintpal/poloniex with you know what it.  Shocked

I actually like option 2 myself, but I think it may be a bit too radical for most people. It would give more value to actions, goods, and services, and save a lot of electricity hehe.

mumus

Activity: 291

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:49:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

3) Kill the coin, fork a different coin, and relaunch GOOD

The ideal solution would be nr. 1. If developing this solution takes only a couple of days (2-3) I would go for this one otherwise option 4. would be my preferred solution. The only problem with 4. I can think of, that some solo miners may get even more frustrated if some forks will occur. With updated pools, good instructions and a list of up-to date nodes, I think the chances are good that 4. will succeed.
CHMinePeeR

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:03:59 PM

hello,

I think a lot of you know that I invested already enough money in GOOD and any option that will make me lose my GOOD would be very bad for me and make me lose not only GOOD but also some btc i spent in extra Hash Power...

I would go with number 4 if my suggestion has any wight...

Crypto Skill Promotions - Promote your Coin from Professionists!!
Get your LatiumCoin for free! just register here … ! ENJOY LAT is on https://coin-swap.net  ! Don't miss this!!
You get 5Lat just for signup ( at actual rate thats a free 0.01btc )
Casu

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:37:15 PM

I actually like option 2 myself, but I think it may be a bit too radical for most people. It would give more value to actions, goods, and services, and save a lot of electricity hehe.

I would like option 2 also if there was enough good ideas of how to give it out. If you have a plan for this then maybe give it out and perhaps people would be interested?
circusmidget11

Activity: 224

GOOD Dev

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:56:24 PM

I would like option 2 also if there was enough good ideas of how to give it out. If you have a plan for this then maybe give it out and perhaps people would be interested?

Many users have already been earning GOODs without mining through participation, please read the OP to learn more details.

I would prefer Option 1 then Option 4, but it looks like we're going with Option 4 so let's hope everyone works together to make this work correctly.

In other news, GOOD is now in the lead!

http://altcoinfaucet.net/voting

The 1 min clickitty clicky was fun while it lasted but not GOOD for health!  Enjoy your GOOD day, but maybe might do that again someday for kicks.   Grin

GOODcoin - C-Cex Vote - Poloniex Request -
GOOD: GcFTMgVKLGrGjY4Vm1XD8tP4vUsS64uqWw
ShroiOokami

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:32:24 PM

hopefully everything will be okay, i really like this coin.
circusmidget11

GOOD Dev

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:34:58 PM

GOOD Facebook giveaway!

Tell us what the GOOD acronym stands for using the letters GOOD! (Ex: Good On Open Doors) Just because scrypt mining is on halt, doesn't mean human mining is too! #spreadthegood #goodcoin #giveaway

For those who don't use social media, you can post your entries here instead.  

**Make sure your wallet address is in your forum signature.  Posting your wallet address would be ignored.**

digitaldevmike

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 08:50:22 PM

GOOD Facebook giveaway!

Tell us what the GOOD acronym stands for using the letters GOOD! (Ex: Good On Open Doors) Just because scrypt mining is on halt, doesn't mean human mining is too! #spreadthegood #goodcoin #giveaway

**Make sure your wallet address is in your forum signature.  Posting your wallet address would be ignored.**

Good Old Online Dinero/Dollar

circusmidget11

GOOD Dev

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:53:47 PM

GOOD Facebook giveaway!

Good Old Online Dinero/Dollar

That's a GOOD one!  +1

jcarl987

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:56:13 PM

GOOD Facebook giveaway!

Great One, Our Dev!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: