Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:38:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GOOD] Part PoW! Part Human mining! Part decided by U! ON EXCHANGE!  (Read 90335 times)
circusmidget11

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

GOOD Dev

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:05:57 PM

GOOD Facebook giveaway!

Tell us what the GOOD acronym stands for using the letters GOOD! (Ex: Good On Open Doors) Just because scrypt mining is on halt, doesn't mean human mining is too! #spreadthegood #goodcoin #giveaway

For those who don't use social media, you can post your entries here instead.  

**Make sure your wallet address is in your forum signature.  Posting your wallet address would be ignored.**

Great One, Our Dev!

GOOD one, but no need to inflate their egos!    +1

GOODcoin - C-Cex Vote - Poloniex Request -
GOOD: GcFTMgVKLGrGjY4Vm1XD8tP4vUsS64uqWw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CHMinePeeR

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:35:20 PM

this is too GOOD to be true Smiley

Crypto Skill Promotions - Promote your Coin from Professionists!!
Get your LatiumCoin for free! just register here … ! ENJOY LAT is on https://coin-swap.net  ! Don't miss this!!
You get 5Lat just for signup ( at actual rate thats a free 0.01btc )
gts476

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:45:39 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just woke up and starting to catch up to everyone, but our coder noticed something odd last night before going to sleep (he's only human like the rest of us). Please keep in mind that mistakes do happen, everybody makes them, but it is how we deal with them that defines who we are to those around us.

He already made a fix apparently before going to bed, but we will have to do more than simply coordinate all pools since there are solominers as well. If this turns out to be true, then I see a few options.

1) Find fix and hard fork it, only human mining and bounties paid until then
  • Pros: Coin will work as promised/intended
  • Cons: Not sure how long scrypt miners have to wait until fix is finalized

2) Stop remainder of scrypt PoW, make coin purely bounty and human mining (max coin supply will drop to about 51.1 million)
  • Pros: GOODs already earned will not be lost
  • Cons: scrypt miners will no longer be able to hash for GOODs unless we create a multipool

3) Kill the coin, fork a different coin, and relaunch GOOD
  • Cons: Last 6 days of hash/work/clicky would be for nothing

4)Coordinating a time when all pools and solo miners can update at the same time
  • Cons: Forks may occur if not everyone updates at same time

5) Stop remainder of Scrypt PoW and destroy remaining premine, only PoS will generate new GOODs
  • Pros: Early adopters will benefit greatly, only 300k-400k in circulation
  • Cons: No more bounties to pay out, so likely also no more new features

This will obviously be the priority of the day.

Edit: To those who think we simply copied and paste, that is not true as there are many changes that were made. It's unfortunate this issue came up today, since we were working on a new feature that make our wallet one of the most advanced wallet out there.

The ideal solution would be nr. 1. If developing this solution takes only a couple of days (2-3) I would go for this one otherwise option 4. would be my preferred solution. The only problem with 4. I can think of, that some solo miners may get even more frustrated if some forks will occur. With updated pools, good instructions and a list of up-to date nodes, I think the chances are good that 4. will succeed.

How about a modified version of 2?

Stop the PoW,

Split the pre mine. 25 million to be mined PoW. 25 Million to be mined human.

Set up a schedule of PoW minined, ie: 1 million coins per week.

Set up a multipool.

Miners now point hash at the multipool and are paid out NOT through the market but through 25 million as per the schedule.

Use the BTC/LTC whatever generated by the multipool to hire a developer to make the game part for the human mine.

Do it VERY openly. Post verifiable numbers each week to show where multipool profits go.

When the 25 million mine is over, get onto an exchange and allow the multipool hash to then apply buy pressure on the exchange rate.

Whatchya all think?

G.
circusmidget11

GOOD Dev

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:54:16 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just woke up and starting to catch up to everyone, but our coder noticed something odd last night before going to sleep (he's only human like the rest of us). Please keep in mind that mistakes do happen, everybody makes them, but it is how we deal with them that defines who we are to those around us.

He already made a fix apparently before going to bed, but we will have to do more than simply coordinate all pools since there are solominers as well. If this turns out to be true, then I see a few options.

1) Find fix and hard fork it, only human mining and bounties paid until then
  • Cons: Not sure how long scrypt miners have to wait until fix is finalized

2) Stop remainder of scrypt PoW, make coin purely bounty and human mining (max coin supply will drop to about 51.1 million)
  • Pros: GOODs already earned will not be lost
  • Cons: scrypt miners will no longer be able to hash for GOODs unless we create a multipool

3) Kill the coin, fork a different coin, and relaunch GOOD
  • Cons: Last 6 days of hash/work/clicky would be for nothing

4)Coordinating a time when all pools and solo miners can update at the same time
  • Cons: Forks may occur if not everyone updates at same time

5) Stop remainder of Scrypt PoW and destroy remaining premine, only PoS will generate new GOODs
  • Pros: Early adopters will benefit greatly, only 300k-400k in circulation
  • Cons: No more bounties to pay out, so likely also no more new features

This will obviously be the priority of the day.

Edit: To those who think we simply copied and paste, that is not true as there are many changes that were made. It's unfortunate this issue came up today, since we were working on a new feature that make our wallet one of the most advanced wallet out there.

The ideal solution would be nr. 1. If developing this solution takes only a couple of days (2-3) I would go for this one otherwise option 4. would be my preferred solution. The only problem with 4. I can think of, that some solo miners may get even more frustrated if some forks will occur. With updated pools, good instructions and a list of up-to date nodes, I think the chances are good that 4. will succeed.

How about a modified version of 2?

Stop the PoW,

Split the pre mine. 25 million to be mined PoW. 25 Million to be mined human.

Set up a schedule of PoW minined, ie: 1 million coins per week.

Set up a multipool.

Miners now point hash at the multipool and are paid out NOT through the market but through 25 million as per the schedule.

Use the BTC/LTC whatever generated by the multipool to hire a developer to make the game part for the human mine.

Do it VERY openly. Post verifiable numbers each week to show where multipool profits go.

When the 25 million mine is over, get onto an exchange and allow the multipool hash to then apply buy pressure on the exchange rate.

Whatchya all think?

G.

That's some GOOD creative thinking even though you should be studying for your Physics test! 

Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:58:26 PM

Were can i trade my mined coins?

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
circusmidget11

GOOD Dev

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:02:19 PM

Were can i trade my mined coins?

G was courteous enough to create a OTC exchange thread since GOOD isn't on the exchanges yet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=586235.0

FreebieZoner

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:08:26 PM

If ya don't know them now ya know that GOOD just became the featured alt coin on altcoinfaucet!!!  Beating all others by a lot!!  It be that GOOD~

My GOODies
GOOD GdW7XLTFByH1AU5dZjA2MEewRaTMzek5sw
IceColdTommy

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:34:34 PM

The best way is to announce that POW is over( i think it can't be fixed at this point) destroy some of the premine give the rest to community and continue as pure POS coin
Seefude (OP)

Activity: 196

We're all good at something, no1's good for nothin

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:54:12 PM

The best way is to announce that POW is over( i think it can't be fixed at this point) destroy some of the premine give the rest to community and continue as pure POS coin

It actually can be fixed, we are making a wallet where PoW will resume at a later block as long as everyone updates their wallet before we reach that block. However, 51 million is still plenty of coin if we want to go with option 2, we just need to think of a way to distribute it. I am serious when I say it is up to the community.

GoodCoin Founder, GoodFlop High Score = 40 (GOOD faucet that pays depending on your score!)
Crypto-trade.com - BTC/LTC/WDC/DGC/UTC Exchange
gts476

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:02:33 PM

It actually can be fixed, we are making a wallet where PoW will resume at a later block as long as everyone updates their wallet before we reach that block. However, 51 million is still plenty of coin if we want to go with option 2, we just need to think of a way to distribute it. I am serious when I say it is up to the community.

Vote!
FreebieZoner

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:07:43 PM

I like the current plan but what happens if let's say everyone but you don't update your wallet?  

My GOODies
GOOD GdW7XLTFByH1AU5dZjA2MEewRaTMzek5sw
IceColdTommy

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Well those are the options, fair distribution to community or destroy premine
Seefude (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:32:07 PM

I like the current plan but what happens if let's say everyone but you don't update your wallet?  

If everyone except you updates, you will no longer be able to sync with everyone else. You can still get your private key and when you do update, you can sync up again but anything you gained after you unsynced will not count

GoodCoin Founder, GoodFlop High Score = 40 (GOOD faucet that pays depending on your score!)
Seefude (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:34:57 PM

Well those are the options, fair distribution to community or destroy premine

You are forgetting the option to continue PoW. Let me make a poll actually.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 11:41:09 PM

I compiled the wallet but cannot start it. Thus, I don't even have a GOOD address where I can get my coins from faucets Sad.
Code:
GOODcoin-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Any idea how to fix it? I am on Manjaro 0.8.9 (Arch-derived, NOT debian-derived like ubuntu).
Thanks

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Seefude (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:47:46 PM

I have created a poll to the question as to how we should move forward with the PoW. A fix is already in the works, but I want to know what you think. Please vote.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587217.0

IceColdTommy

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:54:08 PM

I have created a poll to the question as to how we should move forward with the PoW. A fix is already in the works, but I want to know what you think. Please vote.

If you can fix it, continue as you planed with pow
flubber

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:57:47 PM

If you can fix it, continue as you planed with pow

+1 , Also to get a great value in the coin, mining have to continue, miners often set the price how hard it is to mine, se before exchanges comes I vote for PoW still to build up this unique idea.

And people might see this as a failure of coin if we don't continue the path with the idea, and again value of coin should matter
gts476

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:52:46 AM

Hi Graham,

Thanks for reaching out! We will be ready to work with other coins starting
next year. For now, our focus is to utilize the Bitcoin protocol. Good luck
with the development of the GOODcoin! We look forward to seeing it succeed.

Best,

The Leetcoin Team

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM, <gts476> wrote:

[Hide Quoted Text]
Hi Admin, could you please be so kind as to ensure this message is brought
to the attention of the relevant Leetcoin team members.

Dear Leetcoin,

My name is Graham Smith and I work with an emerging alt-coin called GOODcoin.
I've been searching the web high and low and finally been delivered to
LEETCOIN!

I understand from you materials that your primary focus is the creation of
an arena in which skilled performers the world over are able to monetize
their talents, and it is with this understanding in mind that I believe
there might exist potential for a prosperous joint venture.

Goodcoin is a unique PoS cryptographic currency that is seeking to make a
positive impact on the wider cryptographic movement and one of the ways it
aims to achieve this is through the what has been termed 'human mining'.

Human mining is essentially a blanket term for the redistribution of a
cryptographic currency through a medium other than the traditional
computational algorithm mining, through something active and engaging for
end user.

An idea was floated, which quickly gathered much support in the forums,
that the most enjoyable was to obtain this currency would be to fight for
it! This naturally brought me here.

Essentially the GOODcoin development team came up with a number of ideas
off the back of this, ranging from the development of a competitive game
distribution system of the human mining element, to the ring fencing of a
proportionately large fraction of total coins once mined from which to
periodically draw prize funds from.

With all that being said however, the coin and community is still in it's
infancy and much planning and infrastructure must still be developed around
the currency, yet, if this idea has peaked your interest please contact
myself to discuss it further.

Kind regards,

Graham Smith.

--------------------------------------------

Email from Leetcoin. No dice but good effort. (pun always intended).

Best,

G.
gts476

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:05:21 AM

This is actually it. This is the meme.

Love this film.

G.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: