Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why didn't the federal government give bailout money to home owners  (Read 746 times)
BBQcopter (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:14:03 PM

Why didn't the federal government give bailout money to home owners instead of the banks?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:19:08 PM

Because money exist in debt, if the owners paid their debts the banks would still be screwed, they need to own us to profit Cheesy

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:13:25 PM

Why didn't the federal government give bailout money to home owners instead of the banks?

You need a big campaign in order to become president. This money needs to come from somewhere (banks, companies etc).
We are not living in a democracy  Smiley

cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:25:15 AM

I have seen presidents in office since Nixxon and every single last one of them were corrupt and greedy but i think Obama bin Laden is hands down the worst U.S. president ever.

At least he's better than bush, way better. Bush ruined the country the Economy stated multiple wars and allowed banks to takeover the country.

Obama is not perfect but he is leaps better than Bush.

jstern

Activity: 368
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:26:26 AM

I remember that being suggested a lot, and there being a big backlash to the idea that, "Why should someone who wasn't responsible get bailed out why I have to struggle paying off my home."
jstern

Activity: 368
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:28:41 AM

I have seen presidents in office since Nixxon and every single last one of them were corrupt and greedy but i think Obama bin Laden is hands down the worst U.S. president ever.

Remember that Bush was the one who started with the bailouts. You might come back with the, "Oh sure blame Bush." But facts are facts.
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:47:00 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 08:15:10 AM by eid

At least he's better than bush, way better. Bush ruined the country the Economy stated multiple wars and allowed banks to takeover the country.

Obama is not perfect but he is leaps better than Bush.

You may as well debate over which of two lumps of dogshit you would prefer to have for breakfast.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:32:55 PM

Because they didn't want the overall economy to collapse, and take down the banking system, and foreign currency exchange systems with it, when they could do it the way they did it, and save the overall system, but let some people off who morally and ethically should not have gotten off. I STILL think they took the least-bad approach.
The problem itself could have been prevented, back during the Clinton Administration, but by the time they did what they did, it was all about preventing the total collapse of the economy, which would actually have actually have done the most damage to the ones who played by the rules.
In a democracy it is STILL better to let the guilty go free than to punish the innocent, although both are bad choices, sometimes they are the only choices.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:27:29 PM

because they are the weak end of thing, and someone has to pay the missing money!
jinjuro

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:38:33 PM

Because federal government only bailout what provide them financial supports them during election.
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:42:58 AM

Because banks won't go blow all of the bail out money on scratch offs.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:44:28 AM

And also because this country is run by corporations, very long story short. Why did banks and huge car manufacturers only get money?
Because Thanks Obama

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:38:20 PM

The problem, to make a very long story short, is that banks all pacakaged the homes into investment securities called Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDOs). In order to make those securities "safe", they were backed up by a form of insurance on those investment securities called Credit Default Swaps (CDS).
Basically, all the banks figured that with enough mortgages bundled together in CDOs, with enough CDS insurance being sold on them, nothing could go wrong and they could make insane amounts of money. Which they did. They assumed that basically the entire housing market wouldn't collapse all at once.
But when the housing market did go belly up, that meant it wasn't just the value of the houses that was underwater. It meant that all those investment securities were sour, but more importantly that the CDS insurance contracts had to be paid off.
Only problem is, there was more money owed on the CDS insurance contracts than there is actual money in the world. There was $70 trillion in CDS obligations. Basically, all of Wall Street was screwed infinite times over. And if Wall Street went bankrupt, no more loans of any kind to anyone. And then poof--goodbye economy.
So the banks had to be bailed out. The problem is that we gave them a blank check, essentially, when we should have done what was necessary then taken them over and/or broke them up into little pieces.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: