Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:48:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Charts Showing Software-Generated Predictions vs Actual Prices  (Read 904 times)
K128kevin2 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:55:33 AM

Hey guys,

Many of you have seen my project before, which involves using neural networks to try to predict bitcoin prices. Predictions are displayed online and updated every hour automatically:

www.btcpredictions.com

A lot of people were asking for charts showing historic predictions vs actual prices. I've been working on this but it has been going slow because 1, I am new to web development and 2, I have a lot of school work/job hunting work. Anyway, I'm almost done and there will be a page up soon where you can browse through past predictions from various points in the history of this website. Here is a photo of a prediction made at 11pm EST 4/20 versus the actual prices over the next 24 hours:

https://twitter.com/BTC_Predictions/status/458452050561355778

I know it doesn't have labels on the bottom or anything yet, I'm still working on it. I will also have it display the error at every point instead of the price. And I'm definitely going to change the line/dot colors lol

If you guys have any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them!

P.S. I had been posting on the account K128kevin before but apparently somebody hacked that account :/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:45:31 AM

Dude.

We know your site. In fairness it is an interesting curiosity. I read it from time to time. Thanks for putting it up.

But you already mentioned that site here like a thousand times.

"A lot of people" asking you for one feature are actually one or two guys, whom you can easily reply to, in your own site.

In other words:
would you mind stopping fucking spamming the shit of this forum with your fucking site?

Please. Thanks.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
K128kevin2 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:53:33 PM

Dude.

We know your site. In fairness it is an interesting curiosity. I read it from time to time. Thanks for putting it up.

But you already mentioned that site here like a thousand times.

"A lot of people" asking you for one feature are actually one or two guys, whom you can easily reply to, in your own site.

In other words:
would you mind stopping fucking spamming the shit of this forum with your fucking site?

Please. Thanks.

I've made a post about the site around once per two weeks. And by "a lot of people" asking for it I actually mean hundreds, possibly thousands. I'm sorry that it bothers you that there is a post here once in a while related to my project. You don't have to look at the post though if it bothers you =/
Hpotsirc

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:38:47 PM

Hey Kevin,

I really like your project but must too admit that constantly opening new threads gets somewhat annoying. Why don't you just have one thread which you keep constantly updated? Works quite well for other projects and enables the users here to monitor the progress of your project.
Oh and 2 topic: I like the new charts and I'm looking forward to having them on your site Smiley

Cheers
Hpotsirc
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:43:48 PM

Can you do one for litecoin and the other alts as well?
K128kevin2 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:49:18 PM

Hey Kevin,

I really like your project but must too admit that constantly opening new threads gets somewhat annoying. Why don't you just have one thread which you keep constantly updated? Works quite well for other projects and enables the users here to monitor the progress of your project.
Oh and 2 topic: I like the new charts and I'm looking forward to having them on your site Smiley

Cheers
Hpotsirc

Okay fair enough, that's a good idea. What I'll do is in a couple weeks I'll make a new thread with a more general and appropriate title, and I'll just use that one for everything.

Quote from: bitcoinsrus
Can you do one for litecoin and the other alts as well?

I would like to do this - a good amount of people have asked about this as well, but unfortunately the problem is that litecoin data is difficult to get a hold of. I would need at least several months worth of litecoin transaction data but I can't seem to find that anywhere. I might start collecting it on my own but it will be a while before I have enough data to make any reasonable predictions Sad
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:12:50 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 08:31:59 AM by djangocoin

Shows a big dip comin up next :]

:]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: