Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:52:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forget China woes, there's potentially an even bigger player India!!  (Read 773 times)
sparkleboy (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:51:16 PM

India is in reality a sleeping giant. It has the largest middle class in the world, and an exceptionally gifted, intelligent and innovative young generation coming through.

At the moment India seems to be sitting on the fence with the concept of cryptocurrencies.

If doge was to get in through some charity work in India - either something similar like doge4water, or helping to improve the plight of the poor then the Indian community would sit up and take notice.

Importantly for the poor in India the movement of crypto through mobile phone apps rather than using a bank would work well in villages and small communities. No need to run around with wads of cash that could get lost or stolen.

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:54:42 PM

India wont care about dogecoin.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 11:59:07 PM

India wont care about dogecoin.

yep, they love cowcoin!

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 12:04:15 AM

I work with Indians on daily basis. Their main advantage is that they are cheap, NOT productive or engineering.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 01:09:40 PM

India is in reality a sleeping giant. It has the largest middle class in the world, and an exceptionally gifted, intelligent and innovative young generation coming through.

At the moment India seems to be sitting on the fence with the concept of cryptocurrencies.

If doge was to get in through some charity work in India - either something similar like doge4water, or helping to improve the plight of the poor then the Indian community would sit up and take notice.

Importantly for the poor in India the movement of crypto through mobile phone apps rather than using a bank would work well in villages and small communities. No need to run around with wads of cash that could get lost or stolen.

You've made some damn good points. If there were only some way to tap into their eternal demand for PMs w/o enduring the fate of eGold...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:02:23 PM

I'm from India.  Dogecoin and other forms of cryptocurrency have huge potential here. Maybe not the whole country, but the middle to upper middle class certainly can. Everyone has a computer, an Android phone and internet access.

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:32:55 PM

I'm from India.  Dogecoin and other forms of cryptocurrency have huge potential here. Maybe not the whole country, but the middle to upper middle class certainly can. Everyone has a computer, an Android phone and internet access.

Numerous countries have computers, phones and internet access. Whats your point?
noviapriani

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:29:30 PM

Totally agree not to treat it as a poor country. India is emerging as one of the great economic powerhouses of the 21st century and should be treated with respect. Plus with over 500 million middle class people, there is a lot of internal engines for real growth.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:23:18 PM

Imagine if bitcoin or more importantly dogecoin caught on... I have always believed that Indians, once they catch an idea run with it full steam. In a country like India doge or crypto can be an even greater benefit as it does away with infrastructure like banks or atms on every corner. People can just buy and sell over their phones even in the local village. If we could get it going, just like facebook became a household name... think of the potential.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
noviapriani

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:56:33 AM

My point was that not all people from India have access to technology ,but the middle class and the rich people have it all and from that they have access to information and to dogecoin.

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:12:16 AM

India started the micro banking system and that system can be more efficient and helpful to the poor if cryptocurrency can implemented in it. India makes cheap tablets like Akash , which I think is like $12 that can run android apps. So there is lot of potential to grow. The only thing I am worried about is the corrupted politicians in India.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 07:12:54 PM

India started the micro banking system and that system can be more efficient and helpful to the poor if cryptocurrency can implemented in it. India makes cheap tablets like Akash , which I think is like $12 that can run android apps. So there is lot of potential to grow. The only thing I am worried about is the corrupted politicians in India.

Yeahhhh....corrupted politicians don't like payment systems that facilitate end runs around their 'contribution funds'. Look at what the Indian legislature did to gold imports a couple of years back. Of course, those import restrictions were solely to shore up India's balance of payments. Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: