Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:58:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra Refund Issues  (Read 3260 times)
mrtormoz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:08:17 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 06:25:45 AM by mrtormoz

Ppl i wait my money something like 8 weeks no money nothing!We speak whit sunny lawyer Ct trougt phone,at the beginning he say ok we  send check but i pay trow bank transfer he won to lie me because some one say Ct send bounced checks.We say him we won refund trough bank transfer.After that he stop answer phone call and stop speak whit ass i wait for 150000$.All who thing about coin terra stop giving money all you get  is lie lie no answer nothing this is a scam and who wait for refund stop be quite!! Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sandhog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

Next week it'll be over 4 weeks for me as well and the refund is for over $50K...I think I'm gonna give them a call this week since this is like all of me and my friend's savings.
I'm still waiting for my refund since April 2.  Angry
Sandhog

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:58:40 PM

Everyone... I just yesterday came home to a UPS infonotice, it said TX on it... I went to UPS and picked up the refund, every cent refunded, every cent accounted for.

I did not trash them in Forums, I kept communication open, I utilized what you are supposed to do in an extension of refund.  Simply research and spend time communicating with Cointerra via email, snail mail, and telephone.  Screaming fraud won't get you anywhere, I do not know anyone personally from there, I got no special treatment, I just asked politely with each conversation and didn't threaten things that I wouldn't be willing to fulfill.  Facts are facts, do you homework, the advice here is good but there are FTC refund rules you can utilize... and for Cointerra to remove things on their forums, all I can say is that is their forum, they moderate it so they can remove whatever they want. 

I have a Bank of America check to go deposit and yes, funds are available. 

PM me if I can help, I do accept donations,  Wink  just kidding.... Although I am not a lawyer I did pay one to give me the EXACT steps to get refunded and I spent a little cash to get an education. 

I didn't trash them in the Forums or make false acquisitions. Yet, I still have not gotten my refund. How long did it take for you to received your refund? However, I did start the Refund Thread because I wasn't getting any email responses and they weren't picking up the phone. I see that any subject with refund has been deleted.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:27:09 AM

have you contacted bitpay (assuming you paid thru them)

elyse giles is a very helpful person who has got me a promise of a bank transfer today - i am still waiting for it but i have received 3-4 emails from cointerra indicating it is literally 'being processed now'

i decided to wait before posting this and in the meantime it was refunded.

the cash is now in my account.

the person who contacted me advised using this email.

jc@cointerra.com

Good Luck All, and get in touch with BitPay if you can - i cant express my appreciation for their input.

Ed.

seems i lost 100GBP in the exchange but i can live with that..... just.
halum

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:16:07 AM

have you contacted bitpay (assuming you paid thru them)

elyse giles is a very helpful person who has got me a promise of a bank transfer today - i am still waiting for it but i have received 3-4 emails from cointerra indicating it is literally 'being processed now'

i decided to wait before posting this and in the meantime it was refunded.

the cash is now in my account.

the person who contacted me advised using this email.

jc@cointerra.com

Good Luck All, and get in touch with BitPay if you can - i cant express my appreciation for their input.

Ed.

seems i lost 100GBP in the exchange but i can live with that..... just.

Hello Ed,

Congrats on your successful CoinTerra refund! From reading your methodical approach with respect to your refund request, I had a strong feeling that you would receive your refund faster than those who simply used the ranting and raving approach.    Wink   Cheers! 

Sandhog

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:14:07 AM

I received my refund yesterday.  Smiley

I went to the CT Forum but it seemed to disappeared. Am I not seeing the forum because I received my refund? Huh
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:28:09 AM

Maybe this has something to do with the forum being shut down http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/blog/techflash/2014/06/bbb-austin-companys-bitcoin-mining-machines-dont.html ?
Sandhog

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:47:29 AM

You may be right. I'm very surprised that BBB only received 11 complains out of nearly 200 waiting for refund. I'm just happy that I received my refund that was dated May 30th.  Smiley I wished the best for those who are still waiting for their refund.
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:02:55 AM

Cointerra did eventually send a check to me.  I am still a little annoyed since I was going to buy either BTC or other equipment with the money and by not refunding for an extra month this has screwed me for both since BTC has gone up and the equipment I wanted is now long gone.  Them's the ropes I guess.  I'm actually kinda hoping the price of BTC dips lol.

I kind of have to wonder if they simply started selling off the BTC they've mined or something lately to fund the refunds. 
JWAiken1

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:56:41 AM

I have been waiting for my refund since April 1st, so it is going on ten weeks now.  I did get an email from Amith Nirgunarthy today and he asked me for my phone number, so he can call me tomorrow.  I see that since the BBB announcement on them in the past two days in the media that they have closed down their Forum.  They claim that they had 200 refunds to process and it shouldn't take this long to process them even if they did one an hour.

I am like the previous poster and wanted to purchase a scrypt ASIC miner instead of a ASIC BTC miner with my refund, but they have caused me to miss the first batch of orders for them.  There are more scrypt than sha-256 cryptocurrencies to mine, but I think by the end of the year they won't be too profitable to mine just like BTC. 
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:00:07 AM

for those of us who arent familiar... I thought cointerra delivered ? why do you all want refunds ??
late delivery or ?

Sandhog

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:05:41 AM

for those of us who arent familiar... I thought cointerra delivered ? why do you all want refunds ??
late delivery or ?
Those of us who have asked for the refund never received the equipment because most of us cancelled the order before the delivery. Yes, they delivered but it was less that 2 Th/s (1.5 to 1.6 Th/s actual) and it was more than 1,600 Watts/hour (2000 to 2500 Watts/hr.) usage.

When I pre-ordered back in December 2013, one day made the difference between March batch to April Batch. CoinTerra gave us option to ask for refund in lieu of receiving the equipment and I opted to receive the refund.

Sandhog

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:12:05 AM

I have been waiting for my refund since April 1st, so it is going on ten weeks now.  I did get an email from Amith Nirgunarthy today and he asked me for my phone number, so he can call me tomorrow.  I see that since the BBB announcement on them in the past two days in the media that they have closed down their Forum.  They claim that they had 200 refunds to process and it shouldn't take this long to process them even if they did one an hour.

I am like the previous poster and wanted to purchase a scrypt ASIC miner instead of a ASIC BTC miner with my refund, but they have caused me to miss the first batch of orders for them.  There are more scrypt than sha-256 cryptocurrencies to mine, but I think by the end of the year they won't be too profitable to mine just like BTC.  
I think that's bad for those whom are still waiting for their refund. They are in the dark even more now than they were before. I'm glad that I have received my refund but I do feel the pain of those who still have not received theirs.
retro72 (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:37:36 PM

Hey Sandhog. Glad to see you got your refund at last. I was on the Cointerra forum as well (reaver) its a little worrying they shut it down. I hope everyone else gets a resolution soon.
Sandhog

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:41:05 AM

Hey Sandhog. Glad to see you got your refund at last. I was on the Cointerra forum as well (reaver) its a little worrying they shut it down. I hope everyone else gets a resolution soon.
Thanks. I'm also worrisome for those who have not received their refund. The forum being shutdown doesn't help since everyone who is waiting for his/her refund is left out in the dark without a support from others who are waiting on the refund.
2k56

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:36:54 AM

Has anyone else heard back from Cointerra since or received their refunds? I've been waiting since April as well. I've heard from Amith Nirgunarthy when they were offering the hosted mining contracts but nothing since then  Embarrassed
throwingbones1

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:22:55 PM

Jan 08 10:58

Hello,

Thank you for contacting CoinTerra.

Our legal department has provided the following:

“The company has defaulted on its secured notes. The Note Holders have senior, secured and, we believe, perfected liens on all of CoinTerra's assets, including servers. We have proposed a plan to the Note Holders. However, at this point we do not know how they are going to react to our proposal. The Note Holders are evaluating their options. Until this is resolved, CoinTerra will be unable to make further payments.”

What this means is that we cannot issue any payments to customers at this time. We will let you know if this situation changes or if there are any relevant new developments but, for now, we have no further information.

Best regards,

CoinTerra Support Team

---------------------

I am just glad i ordered KNC at the same time who delivered on their promise.

#thanks for nothing

Without The Hyena The Lion Cannot Be King Of The Jungle
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: