Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:13:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra Refund Issues  (Read 3260 times)
retro72 (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:21:41 PM

I'm starting this thread for anyone who is having, or has had refund problems with Cointerra.

I have been waiting 5 weeks for a $25k refund which I was told I would receive in 2-4 weeks. Having informed me I would be paid last week, I am still waiting and they have not responded to my last two emails.

Today I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, the Texas Better Business Bureau and Bitpay and I would suggest anyone with the same problem to do the same. It seems Cointerra are the latest in a long line of pre-order asic companies that treat its customers with contempt.

There is a growing number of people in the same situation complaining on their forums. Please make your voices heard here so we can hold Cointerra to account.

Useful links:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/virtual-currency/cointerra-inc-in-austin-tx-1000104440

https://bitpay.com/
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 05:57:37 PM

I asked them a refund on the 25/03 and still nothing.

They said 2-4 weeks.

I am in Europe so it may take an additional delay ?

The status is still refund pending ....

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
retro72 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:12:12 PM

After starting this thread I received a pm by Cointerra and was given an immediate refund. Don't give up. Hopefully your issues will be resolved soon. Good luck.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:05:56 PM

They said 2-4 weeks.

Be careful with them, so far i just heard bad things from people about them, It doesn't come from nowhere you should consider that and make decision If you want to deal with them.
lucazane
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 05:09:34 PM

They said 2-4 weeks.

Be careful with them, so far i just heard bad things from people about them, It doesn't come from nowhere you should consider that and make decision If you want to deal with them.
They just contact me per phone.

I will post an update here when I get my refund

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
createCoins

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:18:57 AM

Hi ALL

I asked for a refund on the 23rd March and my last 2 emails have been ignored. I only ordered one from them because i ordered others from another company. But i decided to ask for refunds for all the miners from all the companies and Cointerra has been the one i have been waiting for the longest to get a refund.

I hope i at get it this week at least - i can understand delays but ignoring a customer email is unacceptable. Even a cut and paste reply is better than just ignoring it . That is bad !!

Has anyone else got a refund after 4 weeks ?

Thanks
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:50:32 AM

Next week it'll be over 4 weeks for me as well and the refund is for over $50K...I think I'm gonna give them a call this week since this is like all of me and my friend's savings.
makeit68

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:02:07 PM

I submitted request on April 1st and been told it takes up to 4 weeks.

order #5179.
name: BO YANG.
email: makeit68@yahoo.com

I will post my status if I get have an update.
lucazane
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 03:48:58 PM

still nothing here

copychicken

Activity: 784

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:39:31 PM

nothing here too... no reply no nothing.. 6 weeks and ending 7th week now.. here we go to 8 week...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

copychicken

Activity: 784

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:57:55 PM

Next week it'll be over 4 weeks for me as well and the refund is for over $50K...I think I'm gonna give them a call this week since this is like all of me and my friend's savings.

they are too busy... they have sent 5000 machines, that means 5000 customers.. lets say another 5000 new ones.. thats 10k...
what should amazon or newegg say then? start screaming?

we just got scammed for another time...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

mrtormoz

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:18:29 PM

I am from Europe I wait for my refund more of 4 weaks no call answer nothing just pending refund status my refund is for 150k USD I really thing to use this 3 links to help me
mrtormoz

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:27:45 PM

I don't thing this is scam we speak about 200k USD and how much ppl wait for refund ??If you work for Cointerra and you say this is scam help to ppl get refunds fast of possible
JamesSchofield

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:39:03 PM

I think they like to keep your money aslong as possible to finance there own ends.
I got quite a few terraminers when they were first announced and now people can get them for nealy half the price an have them not long after ive received mine.
manuelgp4

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:30:22 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 09:41:30 PM by manuelgp4

I am waiting too for a full refund of 10.471$ about my order  SX7002 on Cointerra.com and  #831 on terraminehosting.com.
There are past over six weeks.

If I do not receive a refund in 7 days I'll proceed through legal action.

PeterReid

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:59:07 PM

I am waiting too for a full refund of 10.471$ about my order  SX7002 on Cointerra.com and  #831 on terraminehosting.com.

Good luck with it. These companys are well versed in ripping off there customers. I have felt there scorn first hand many times over. You would think i would learn my lesson with these Pre-orders!
cxz

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:19:46 AM

We are all entitled to be refunded.  Let's just hope cointerra do not disappear and do a go on us. They have been ignoring refunds enquiries for a while now

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:22:56 AM

ALSO still waiting after more than 6 weeks

emails go unanswered.

desperate times....
retro72 (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:26:12 PM

It looks like Cointerra are deleting all the refund thread on their forum now. If you haven't done so already complain to the BBB, FTC, Bitpay (if you paid with btc) and the Texas Attorney General.

Good luck.
Bobby1111

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:13:14 PM

Everyone... I just yesterday came home to a UPS infonotice, it said TX on it... I went to UPS and picked up the refund, every cent refunded, every cent accounted for.

I did not trash them in Forums, I kept communication open, I utilized what you are supposed to do in an extension of refund.  Simply research and spend time communicating with Cointerra via email, snail mail, and telephone.  Screaming fraud won't get you anywhere, I do not know anyone personally from there, I got no special treatment, I just asked politely with each conversation and didn't threaten things that I wouldn't be willing to fulfill.  Facts are facts, do you homework, the advice here is good but there are FTC refund rules you can utilize... and for Cointerra to remove things on their forums, all I can say is that is their forum, they moderate it so they can remove whatever they want. 

I have a Bank of America check to go deposit and yes, funds are available. 

PM me if I can help, I do accept donations,  Wink  just kidding.... Although I am not a lawyer I did pay one to give me the EXACT steps to get refunded and I spent a little cash to get an education. 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: