Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DID GOLD JUST HIT THE FAN?  (Read 3801 times)
NationOwnedCCNow (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:56:30 PM

http://rt.com/business/154324-bitcoin-russia-conference-advatages/

http://rt.com/business/154188-russia-payment-system-insurance/

Shocked

Bitcoin is a weapon.

Goodbye USD of A
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:00:39 PM

I am panic buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
NationOwnedCCNow (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:05:10 PM

I am panic buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I would if I had any fiat left, I DID THAT SHT YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!111  1111 

We all billionares by Friday afternoon Wall Street Time, whatever that is  Grin
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 06:05:15 PM

omg omg omg

SnakePlisken

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:10:22 PM

It is obvious now that Russia is actively working to move away from the US dollar and pretty much any financial institution under the US govt's control. They are working on alternatives to Visa/Mastercard and even the SWIFT payment network.

Unfortunately I don't really see them embracing Bitcoin any time soon as they will want a currency that is under their control. I believe the theory that they are working towards making the Ruble fully backed by gold. I believe they have also commissioned a bank to work on their own ecurrency.

Of course, I'm sure many Russian citizens would rather have Bitcoin for privacy concerns so any government-backed ecurrency will probably go the way of the "Mint Chip" that the Canadian government released a while back (i.e. nowhere).

NationOwnedCCNow (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:28:19 PM

It is obvious now that Russia is actively working to move away from the US dollar and pretty much any financial institution under the US govt's control. They are working on alternatives to Visa/Mastercard and even the SWIFT payment network.

Yes, they have for a while. On top of that a ton of paper has been signed among BRICS. They want to get rid of Wests monopoly on Money. In perticular the IMF, Worldbank and Goldman Sachs.

Unfortunately I don't really see them embracing Bitcoin any time soon as they will want a currency that is under their control. I believe the theory that they are working towards making the Ruble fully backed by gold. I believe they have also commissioned a bank to work on their own ecurrency.

Yes, but come on see what is happening. They are promoting Bitcoin for the US while banning it at home. They will not embrace bitcoin but they will promote it so the US population and smaller buisinesses do. And i'm SURE they will give us a good startpump Smiley

Of course, I'm sure many Russian citizens would rather have Bitcoin for privacy concerns so any government-backed ecurrency will probably go the way of the "Mint Chip" that the Canadian government released a while back (i.e. nowhere).

I'm sure the russian ruble will stand stronger than most in theese times. Russia is an extremely Rich oil and resource-based nation With a strong population and good diplomatic ties.

They will probably let their population invest small personal Money, for a bit of safety, gamble(Crimea) and means of payment/transfer basically.

But the big millionares, billionares, big Companies etc of the west. They will all buy an ammount Bitcoin. Much? Not much? Doesn't matter. For Bitcoins 7bil market cap "Alittle" is a tsunami.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:43:49 PM

The era of US$ is coming slowly to an end. But I would not bet that it'll be officially replaced by bitcoin in any country. Bitcoin could eventually coexist as some kind of "gold standard" with national currencies. The end of the US$ as world reserve currency will be a pretty hard hit for the US.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:44:48 PM

Is it possible for a fiat currency to backed by Bitcoin?
Newfeeling

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:07:10 PM

**Sees headlines**
 Grin

**Sees that it's from RT**
 Undecided
NationOwnedCCNow (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:08:43 PM

Yes, why not

What if BRICS start a cryptocurrency next year. They pump it to a solid 100 billion "Todays USD". And then they use that to pump up any BRICS or 3rd world Countries hyper-inflating currency to save it. As ive said, Bitcoin is a weapon. It will be used by Companies and countries alike.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:19:16 PM

Very very very possible.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:38:37 PM

Very very very possible.

I'm not quite sure on the details, but if you listen to Let's Talk Bitcoin episode 99, Adam Back and Austin Hill talk about the sidechain project. One of the points they make is the possibility for Bitcoin backed fiat.

Highly recommended. Episode 99. http://letstalkbitcoin.com/episodes/#.U1a5R-ZdUhw
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:44:49 PM

So youre telling me russia created bitcoin to buy gold cheap?    Grin
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:46:19 PM

Association of Bitcoin Nutters tells Putin controlled RT television journalists:

"yeah, man, Bitcoin is so cool, it is so like going to take over the whole world and keep growing and growing, man. Buy Bitcoin now and become super rich man"

!!!OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:52:30 PM

So Russia gave up to place the rubel as world currency? This reminds me on another country in the south of east russia...

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
MatTheCat

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:15:13 PM

So Russia gave up to place the rubel as world currency? This reminds me on another country in the south of east russia...

Read the fkn articles ffs.

Nothing of consequence at all. Just the same old cliched libertarian dogma about Bitcoin in one article, and another article that has nothing to do with Bitcoin whatsoever.

Fkn idiots making posts as though something 'big' had just happened, and then believing in their own bullshit.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:44:14 PM

Very very very possible.

I'm not quite sure on the details, but if you listen to Let's Talk Bitcoin episode 99, Adam Back and Austin Hill talk about the sidechain project. One of the points they make is the possibility for Bitcoin backed fiat.

Highly recommended. Episode 99. http://letstalkbitcoin.com/episodes/#.U1a5R-ZdUhw

These are all far fetched concepts right now.
NationOwnedCCNow (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:51:28 PM

Read the fkn articles ffs.

Nothing of consequence at all. Just the same old cliched libertarian dogma about Bitcoin in one article, and another article that has nothing to do with Bitcoin whatsoever.

Fkn idiots making posts as though something 'big' had just happened, and then believing in their own bullshit.

Are you mentally retarded? Russia has just answered to US sanctions and showed what way they will fight back.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:14:51 PM

Very very very possible.

These are all far fetched concepts right now.

Sidechains are certainly not far fetched. Fiat backed by Bitcoin could be considered far fetched. But the possibility is becoming a reality.
MatTheCat

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:28:03 PM

Are you mentally retarded? Russia has just answered to US sanctions and showed what way they will fight back.

Fight back by turning to Bitcoin? Bitcoin, the internet phenomenon that provides an ideal means of capital flight from crisis stricken economies. Capital flight ultimately into USD that is. Russia has said it is going to start wanting a cut of western payment processors profits for operating in Russia. Earlier in the year, Russia (effectively) banned Bitcoin. Nothing positive about Bitcoin has since come out of official channels in Russia.

I think it is rather you that is mentally retarded my friend. In fact, I know you are. I have (kind of) read a few of your other posts.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: