Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:26:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question?  (Read 1427 times)
incraft3817 (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 11:24:45 PM

The Dow, sp500, Nasdaq, heng sang, Nikkei, etc......all have day traders, swing traders, investors, shorters, etc......My question is how come they arn't trading bitcoins? Why isn't anyone promoting on the trading forums? Like hotstockmarket.com, Onlinetradersforum.com, stock rants.com, and many many more! I was thinking hitting up all the forum known to exist on the Internet and promote bitcoins like crazy but I don't have time to do this. It would be nice to register a account on the popular forums and start a discussion about bitcoins. Don't you guys want to start another rally to $30, maybe even up to $100. However, we must convince the outside traders to come.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 11:26:47 PM

The Dow, sp500, Nasdaq, heng sang, Nikkei, etc......all have day traders, swing traders, investors, shorters, etc......My question is how come they arn't trading bitcoins? Why isn't anyone promoting on the trading forums? Like hotstockmarket.com, Onlinetradersforum.com, stock rants.com, and many many more! I was thinking hitting up all the forum known to exist on the Internet and promote bitcoins like crazy but I don't have time to do this. It would be nice to register a account on the popular forums and start a discussion about bitcoins. Don't you guys want to start another rally to $30, maybe even up to $100. However, we must convince the outside traders to come.

bitcoin is top secret.  Wink

ya not a bad idea.... but please people, don't go spamming these forums.

they will think we are desperate for their money ... which we are not! they will find out about bitcoin at one point .... best to let the universe unfold as it should.

who knows maybe they will only find out about it when we reach 100$ this summer Grin

incraft3817 (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 11:43:37 PM

I said promote like registering on a forum and start a discussion about bitcoins and see the forum natives reaction. I would like to hear what they say about bitcoins. There are also sports betting and Texas hold em forums where we can direct people on the forums to bitcoin gambling site. Gambling is about to be legal in the broke ass USA. I have alot of other ideas but we need alot more bitcoin users for this to happen.
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 11:44:55 PM

they will think we are desperate for their money ... which we are not! they will find out about bitcoin at one point .... best to let the universe unfold as it should.

who knows maybe they will only find out about it when we reach 100$ this summer Grin

It doesn't need to be spamming 'hey come to our bitcoin trading'. One could join those forums, make a number of posts, and casually begin to mention they've discovered this thing called bitcoin. The 'universe unfolding as it should' for bitcoin involves humans being humans, which means communicating thoughts and ideas to one another. =)
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 11:48:10 PM

+1
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 11:51:49 PM

Increasing the amount of money tied up in BTC speculation might take the exchange rates up. Or down. Be careful what you wish for...

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 11:56:29 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2012, 12:51:53 AM by Otoh

personally I prefer for a laid back approach to promoting bitcoins, too 'in your face' just comes across as needy or a scam & catching really big fish's interest may not be in bitcoins interests just atm (think great white sharks), we already have our regular (almost feels like 'in house') manipulator & probably don't need a bunch more yet (better the mani you know &ct.), also even though I know one billionaire (indirectly & not well but could easily give a presentation to) & have known several multi miliioners I would much rather accumulate more of a stash myself over the next few years than try to jump the price up by getting them & their mates interested though I heavily rave to acquaintances with a market cap of < 1M £€$

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 12:13:06 AM

For a professional, Bitcoin is probably still too small -- and possibly too immature. If they want the potential profits, they probably already bought 10k BTC or so and stashed them somewhere in case the market ever gets big.

A trader is not necessarily also someone to forecast the future of currencies; many just pick a market to work on, and that's that. As Bitcoin matures, so will its trading.

Another explanation may be that Bitcoin is in some sort of bubble mode again and they know it on first sight. Back when Bitcoin was at 15 and above, the pros only wanted to short, found out it doesn't work yet, and left again. Now, there is Bitcoinica, but I have my doubts from what I've heard that a pro would want to deal with it. Strange mythical algorithms, and it sometimes is and isn't a bucket shop... they might just shake their heads and move on at the current state of affairs.

But there's no reason to worry, the market will make sure some decent traders are around by paying them better if there are fewer of them.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 01:06:11 AM

For a professional, Bitcoin is probably still too small -- and possibly too immature. If they want the potential profits, they probably already bought 10k BTC or so and stashed them somewhere in case the market ever gets big.

A trader is not necessarily also someone to forecast the future of currencies; many just pick a market to work on, and that's that. As Bitcoin matures, so will its trading.

Another explanation may be that Bitcoin is in some sort of bubble mode again and they know it on first sight. Back when Bitcoin was at 15 and above, the pros only wanted to short, found out it doesn't work yet, and left again. Now, there is Bitcoinica, but I have my doubts from what I've heard that a pro would want to deal with it. Strange mythical algorithms, and it sometimes is and isn't a bucket shop... they might just shake their heads and move on at the current state of affairs.

But there's no reason to worry, the market will make sure some decent traders are around by paying them better if there are fewer of them.

Another possibility is that the professionals have been in the game all through 2011.  Someone who knew what they were doing over this time period might have been able to get enough of a foothold to get the market down to...oh, I dunno...say $2.00 and accumulate much in the process of shaking a lot of the dumb-luck geeks out of the positions they acquired in the way early days.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 02:41:18 AM

Bitcoin is still seen by many as either a scam or a toy currency for nerds, akin to trading World of Warcraft gold.  Traditional methods of chart reading, analysis, and other such voodoo often don't work as bitcoin is very immature compared to more established markets.  Stocks or currencies that have grown by 1000x or more since their inception a few years ago are very rare indeed, so there is little to compare bitcoin to.

Promoting bitcoin trading to outsiders often looks like trying to pull people into a pyramid scheme.  The short to medium term solution to gaining more traders is to simply let the market play out and hopefully natural interest will build over the next few years.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 06:22:36 AM

Another possibility is that the professionals have been in the game all through 2011.  Someone who knew what they were doing over this time period might have been able to get enough of a foothold to get the market down to...oh, I dunno...say $2.00 and accumulate much in the process of shaking a lot of the dumb-luck geeks out of the positions they acquired in the way early days.
+ 10

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 06:24:33 AM

+ 10

And now they are shaking out the weak hands before the next wave up.  They want steady people holding BTC so that they don't panic and dump.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 06:26:13 AM

+ 10

And now they are shaking out the weak hands before the next wave up.  They want steady people holding BTC so that they don't panic and dump.

+11
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 06:32:28 AM

Bitcoin is still seen by many as either a scam or a toy currency for nerds, akin to trading World of Warcraft gold.  Traditional methods of chart reading, analysis, and other such voodoo often don't work as bitcoin is very immature compared to more established markets.  Stocks or currencies that have grown by 1000x or more since their inception a few years ago are very rare indeed, so there is little to compare bitcoin to.

Promoting bitcoin trading to outsiders often looks like trying to pull people into a pyramid scheme.  The short to medium term solution to gaining more traders is to simply let the market play out and hopefully natural interest will build over the next few years.

Let's be honest - assuming it will take off in the future, bitcoin IS a pyramid of sorts. And those who buy in early and cheap are at the top of it. However I would also just let the market play out. I'd rather have more geeks at the top than professional traders.
bitwiz

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 06:54:10 AM

..and there are some posts on this forums already. I dont think someone who trades with money havnt heard from BCs.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 08:55:00 AM

How about instead of promoting investing in bitcoins, we instead go onto other forums to get people to start accepting bitcoins as payment?   

I've been doing this for the past 6 months.  Go after things like Amazon or ebay if you're really crazy.

Otherwise, I've started forums on www.runescape.com, & www.leagueoflegends.com to ask them to accept bitcoins.  If enough people reuqest it, Runescape will seriously consider it. 

I'm sure any other business will be the same way.  Just the same as we don't want to go spamming forums to "buy bitcoins" we also don't want to spam forums to accept bitcoins.  Only post on websites where you are willing to spend bitcoins.

For me, I would gladly spend $5 on League of Legends or register for a month or two of gaming on Runescape again if they would accept bitcoins.

There are many other forums dedicated to this much better use of time.  Please seek out those forums and help that.  Adoption, is the best sustainable way to add real value to the currency!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 08:57:05 AM

How about instead of promoting investing in bitcoins, we instead go onto other forums to get people to start accepting bitcoins as payment?   

I've been doing this for the past 6 months.  Go after things like Amazon or ebay if you're really crazy.

Otherwise, I've started forums on www.runescape.com, & www.leagueoflegends.com to ask them to accept bitcoins.  If enough people reuqest it, Runescape will seriously consider it. 

I'm sure any other business will be the same way.  Just the same as we don't want to go spamming forums to "buy bitcoins" we also don't want to spam forums to accept bitcoins.  Only post on websites where you are willing to spend bitcoins.

For me, I would gladly spend $5 on League of Legends or register for a month or two of gaming on Runescape again if they would accept bitcoins.

There are many other forums dedicated to this much better use of time.  Please seek out those forums and help that.  Adoption, is the best sustainable way to add real value to the currency!

+1

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: