Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon 1T - Miner Review (Picture Heavy)  (Read 518 times)
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:31:18 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 07:45:57 PM by notlist3d

Ordering it was a pleasant experience.  I ordered my miner early on April 16th using paypal to pay and it arrived on the 18th.  The box had a few ding's from its journey from China to the Midwest in the US. But to my surprise the miner looked perfect, they had used proper packing to keep the miner perfectly centered in its box.

After receiving it I did open it up to check cables and make sure everything looked good before plugging in.  You will see a 1200 Watt power supply in there. Some very nice and big heat sinks that with the two fans help keep it cool.  

You will see the the inside of the beast in the picture above.  It was very clean inside. I could not help myself but to take a backup of the SD card in the Raspberry Pi. Upon taking a closer look i was very happy to see I got the English image thank you pcfli! And I was happy to see a quality SD card in it a Sandisk Ultra.

You will also get a few accessories with the Dragon.  A EU plug and a Ethernet cable.  You are able to use your standard power supply with US plug's instead of the EU plug provided.

One of the best tips before turning on your Dragon miner is to make sure your router is using IP's from 192.168.1.X .   If you do this setup should be very easy.  Let it set for a minute or two and eventually you will see the LCD screen show a IP address.  After that point you should be able to connect to it over your standard web browser.  It's setup was very easy and did not take long.  The English image did help with this.

Below we will take a few looks at the miner from different angles.

Front Angle - Can see the LCD that allows you to see IP address, Temperatures, and average mining speed

Side Angle

Top Angle

Back Angle

Now we have covered the looks and insides lets talk about performance.  First off I like to see on power usage using my trusty Kill A Watt.  It turns out it uses around 1100 Watts, it goes up and down some but stays in that general area. With my power cost's its very profitable at this rate, but it varies for everyone depending on your power charges.

Also arguably one of the biggest factors what speed is it getting. For this I have used BTC Guild for my testing.  Over the past three days it has done just as promised it normally hoovers just a tad above 1 TH.  I have a 72 hour graph below.  I was pleased and impressed with its results.

As my overall conclusions it did amazing.  It had very fast shipping, faster than I expected by days.  Setup was easy compared to other types of devices I have used, this all in one Dragon is a great Bitcoin miner.  The heat seems very good with the heat sinks and fans, no heat problems.  From payment to mining was a great expirence.  Feel free to ask any question's and I am happy to answer if i can.  Easy payment, delivery, and use.  I don't think you can ask for more then that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ipxtreme

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:40:42 PM

where did you buy it? website

BTC tips: 14PkHaJH5GexLG9P7MYxHRNvZeCq2t8DWX
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:47:11 PM

where did you buy it? website

I bought it from groupbuy from pcfli ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0 ).  I was very happy with the transaction.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: