Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:12:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Experience  (Read 9542 times)
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:46:22 PM

[...]Hope you hid enough to retire[...]

Why would you hope that Charles?

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:25:47 PM

You sir have a good point!!

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:32:56 PM

Regarding idle hopes or your name, sir?  Wink

joeventura

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:10:10 PM

Idle hopes.

Avatar represents an old friend of the family
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:25:48 PM

Idle hopes.

Then: to idle hopes, friends & family (we drink)!!!

PS no chance those connections could help solve this issue in a bit more speedy and gentlemanly fashion...?  Wink

joeventura

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:21:21 PM

Idle hopes.

Then: to idle hopes, friends & family (we drink)!!!

PS no chance those connections could help solve this issue in a bit more speedy and gentlemanly fashion...?  Wink

Hahaha no, would never leverage those connections on something that will ultimately be addressed by the feds.

If someone gets off scott free and gets cocky then perhaps.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:47:20 AM

Idle hopes.

Don't ask how, but your post here reminded me of this dude - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41159 - who hasn't posted on BCT going on almost two years now. I miss this dude!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:25:01 AM

Don't ask how, but your post here reminded me of this dude - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41159 - who hasn't posted on BCT going on almost two years now. I miss this dude!

Ah, good ole Loup. Still advertising bASIC in his sig.

Buy & Hold
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:28:11 AM

Ah, good ole Loup. Still advertising bASIC in his sig.

I didn't even catch that! I mentally block out most ads and sigs, hence payin' it no mind. That dude sure the hell had a way with the English language, something I truly admired about him.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:44:59 AM

I think BFL is going to have a new experience...

http://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/140923utterflylabstro.pdf

That is one hell of a seizure order. Everything and the kitchen sink.

I feel sure that Sonny et al will try to hide some of their ill gotten gains and get slapped with contempt rulings.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:39:08 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 07:54:29 AM by sbogovac

Regarding idle hopes or your name, sir?  Wink
Idle hopes. [...] Avatar represents an old friend of the family
Then: to idle hopes, friends & family (we drink)!!! [...]PS no chance those connections could help solve this issue in a bit more speedy and gentlemanly fashion...?  Wink

Hahaha no, would never leverage those connections on something that will ultimately be addressed by the feds.

If someone gets off scott free and gets cocky then perhaps.

Although some might argue there is little difference between the two, I certainly understand that sir...

But it doesn't seem there's even "need" for it, as there is no honor amongst thieves... Because it might seem someone is getting of "scott free", but he has been set up for a life of hiding and looking over his shoulder. This - presumably, I haven't found the source doc yet - can be read in the FTC documentation:

[...]"Former employees and Mr. Zerlan, admitted that Defendants mined Bitcoins with customer equipment."

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:18:49 PM

[...] there is no honor amongst thieves... Because it might seem someone is getting of "scott free", but he has been set up for a life of hiding and looking over his shoulder. This - presumably, I haven't found the source doc yet - can be read in the FTC documentation:

[...]"Former employees and Mr. Zerlan, admitted that Defendants mined Bitcoins with customer equipment."

And here are thew sources:

Hello everyone I figure you might all be interested in reading Josh Zerlan's deposition.

This is on a freely available sight that archives acced court records.
PT 1. http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.42.20.pdf
PT 2. http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.42.19.pdf

And here is the FTC's rational for the court to order a preliminary injunction.
http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.42.0.pdf

and here is some additional info:
http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.42.1.pdf report of an FTC investigator
http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.42.2.pdf
http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.42.4.pdf pictures of them mining with your machines

This one includes a chat with the principals:
http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.42.7.pdf

You're not going to believe it, but Josh was the White Knight in all of this. He constantly champions honesty and divulging a proper timeline to customers. He was the one guy with some intelligence on how things should be run but no one wanted to listen to him. He's getting a bad rap and I know some of it is on him but see if the chats don't at least change you mind about some things.

I don't see anyway that BFL gets control back of the company after reading that chat. NAIL IN THE COFFIN.

Thanks! Ubercool,

but if I look at the dates I don't come to the conclusion of "Josh [being] the White Knight in all of this".

I see someone who's "selling out" and "leaving the sinking ship"...

That sounds more like the Josh we have all got to know these last couple of years...

joeventura

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:45:34 PM

Ya'll just go on believing your fantasies. Heh.  It's a shame you won't admit when you're wrong and you'll just continue to move your conspiracy goal posts as each one is knocked down and moved past.  This is why you are jokes and I don't take your seriously.  You have done this all along, you continue to do it now, and you will continue to do it going forward, of this I have no doubt.

Put your big boy pants on and let's chat in 36 hours. Then we will see what you take seriously.

By that time the judge will have signed the papers putting BFL into permanent receivership and starting the slow methodical process of dismantling all of it, dollar by dollar, BTC by BTC. An entire community of people standing ready to show them every dollar that was moved and where it currently resides.

The liquidation auctions, the refunds, the bank accounts being sucked dry for every dollar. Refunding people who bought 65nm gear! It's going to drive you absolutely ape shit isn't it? To watch everything that you screwed people so hard to get being taken back.

Then the fun part, the forensic accounting, closing the EMC pool, auctioning your house. Oh yes the house has to go because you were wrongfully enriched Joshie poo. The first house bought by bitcoin and the first one auctioned.

We are all going to be watching, applauding and ultimately it will not be a last laugh, it will be hundreds, thousands of laughs, all at your expense.

Hope you hid enough to retire, because no more work for you that does not end with "Would you like fries with that?"

And here we are 36 hours later, the curtain having fallen and BFL surely has to now be out of business.

The Skype chat logs exposed, all the intentional lies, premeditated deceptions, all out in the bright light.

In my opinion having just read the court filing everyone at Butterfly labs who was in management was a criminal who knew exactly what they were doing and now caught will be forced to pay restitution, lose their houses, cars and way of life.

How many BFL employees does it take to flip over and put the rest of them in jail? Just one!

opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:36:11 PM

It is promising to see the chat logs and other things are being used against them. This is promising because of other cases that are dealing with similar antics. Cheesy

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:02:57 PM

[...] here we are 36 hours later, the curtain having fallen and BFL surely has to now be out of business.[...]

Unfortunately, just as it seems the alphabet agencies seem to have grasped what BTC is about there are still enough judges around who do not seem to understand (or are just "following procedure" for procedure's sake):

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2014/09/29/federal-magistrate-will-mediate-butterfly-labs-ftc.html?page=all

"Both parties were in court Monday morning as the FTC sought an injunction that would effectively extend that restraining order. A lawyer for the FTC said it was important to conserve the company’s assets to allow for future consumer redress.

However, U.S. District Court Judge Brian Wimes, who is presiding over the case, asked both sides whether a plan might be reached that would allow Butterfly Labs to resume business but still protect consumers.

He extended the restraining order until Friday to give the sides time to reach a deal, before adjourning to allow both parties to negotiate. By noon, he had appointed U.S. Magistrate John Maughmer to mediate the discussions, which were ongoing.
"

opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:08:01 PM

[...] here we are 36 hours later, the curtain having fallen and BFL surely has to now be out of business.[...]

Unfortunately, just as it seems the alphabet agencies seem to have grasped what BTC is about there are still enough judges around who do not seem to understand (or are just "following procedure" for procedure's sake):

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2014/09/29/federal-magistrate-will-mediate-butterfly-labs-ftc.html?page=all

"Both parties were in court Monday morning as the FTC sought an injunction that would effectively extend that restraining order. A lawyer for the FTC said it was important to conserve the company’s assets to allow for future consumer redress.

However, U.S. District Court Judge Brian Wimes, who is presiding over the case, asked both sides whether a plan might be reached that would allow Butterfly Labs to resume business but still protect consumers.

He extended the restraining order until Friday to give the sides time to reach a deal, before adjourning to allow both parties to negotiate. By noon, he had appointed U.S. Magistrate John Maughmer to mediate the discussions, which were ongoing.
"

That is just normal. They have to say what they have to say. Its part of the legal process. If they skip it then BFL can say they did not get due process and all that.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:30:06 PM

"blah blah blah"

OMG, I can't believe you are still posting here.  Enjoy your last days of freedom....

[...]

You still don't get it, right? Don't worry, with questions just mail eljreceiver@spencerfane.com or call 816-292-8316 and #ASKFTC

^that!
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:45:34 AM

That is just normal. They have to say what they have to say. Its part of the legal process. If they skip it then BFL can say they did not get due process and all that.
Exactly right.  In truth, none of us would want a legal system where a judge could permanently destroy a private business in a hearing, even if presented with an apparently incontestable preponderance of evidence.  And, from the outside at least, it doesn't look like FTC had that today in any event.
JoshsAssIsFucked

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:13:03 AM

Exactly right.  In truth, none of us would want a legal system where a judge could permanently destroy a private business in a hearing, even if presented with an apparently incontestable preponderance of evidence.  And, from the outside at least, it doesn't look like FTC had that today in any event.

Someone's been watching too many movies, no ones going get anything from this except the profitable business's of the police, courts, solicitors and lawyers. They are the only winners in this 'illusion' of a justice system. But you keep believing its all for the bennifit of us. As josh said, if you have dealt with any part of the system before you would know its all bs! Don't mistake his hubris for lack of intelligence which a lot of people do. He's just a unempathetic cockroach! Not thick. Good people don't see what its like so believe its there for their protection ha ha. Its all o e big lie, even the periodic table is a lie if you look up platonic solids. The illusion is immense!

As for joshy boy, he will slip away like the slime ball he is
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:26:38 AM

Exactly right.  In truth, none of us would want a legal system where a judge could permanently destroy a private business in a hearing, even if presented with an apparently incontestable preponderance of evidence.  And, from the outside at least, it doesn't look like FTC had that today in any event.
Someone's been watching too many movies, no ones going get anything from this except the profitable business's of the police, courts, solicitors and lawyers.[...]

I disagree with that. At least:
- BFL is stopped;
- Sonny V. goes back to jail (for his parole violation);
- some gains will be confiscated (saving us all a lot of taxes); and,
- we all have a great laugh at the expense of this "unempathetic" bunch...

PS further more, I find your tone (watching movies, illusions et cetera) demeaning and bordering with trolling...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: