Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:14:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's the hot thing to invest in 2014?
Ethereum - 23 (12.5%)
NXT - 72 (39.1%)
MaidSafe - 28 (15.2%)
All 3 above. - 19 (10.3%)
Something else - 42 (22.8%)
Total Voters: 184

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum, MaidSafe, NXT, anything else worth investing in, in 2014?  (Read 5878 times)
rohan1

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:56:00 PM

I like NXT, Maidsafe ,and NEM. All of them are worth investing.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:46:11 PM

MaidSafe is a no no now, NXT as well. We will see how it goes with Ethereum.

why?
MaidSafe messed up with their IPO, didn't they?

Well, a little bit of a mess.  A mess similar in scale as the FaceBook IPO mess.  But nothing that is permanent.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CryptoPanda (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:44:59 PM

MaidSafe is a no no now, NXT as well. We will see how it goes with Ethereum.

why?
MaidSafe messed up with their IPO, didn't they?

true but so what? That's nothing for the big picture.
They got their millions, they have the technology, so it's all good for them.
5 years from now people will look at the IPO issue as a minor hiccup.

Mautje

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:05:37 PM

Can someone post a link to an article or story about what exactly happened with the Maidsafe IPO? I read they got their money in 5 hrs in stead of 1 month and so it was overwhelming and it didn't give the chance to people to participate.. but so what?

Can someone explain why this is so negative or is there something else going on? Did 1 party buy almost all the coins, that wouldn't be good..
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:10:42 PM

Can someone post a link to an article or story about what exactly happened with the Maidsafe IPO? I read they got their money in 5 hrs in stead of 1 month and so it was overwhelming and it didn't give the chance to people to participate.. but so what?

Can someone explain why this is so negative or is there something else going on? Did 1 party buy almost all the coins, that wouldn't be good..

This is the link from the safe coin site which shows the investor list, they have over 1800 investors, i counted between 10-20 large to insane (100BTC+) investors in there, so the overwhelming majority seem to be in the 0-10BTC range.

https://docs.google.com/a/maidsafe.net/spreadsheets/d/1r4fv57JDNkW55P5dnwPmHF3rOhdt1Jn5I2DZFuZfmfU/edit

Why 24/48hrs- i have no idea though..

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:14:10 PM

Insane probably being the most appropriate word used in connection with that IPO.

reposted from:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579424.msg6406384#msg6406384

Going back to the legal aspects: i wouldn't worry about the NSA too much. If they want access, they'll get it. Probably already have, given the age of the project.
And providing that you aren't tagged as a "terrorist" by the US gov, it shouldn't be a problem for the average user or Maidsafe itself

I'd be more worried about Sony, tbh. Every dropbox system ever created has been used by the warez scene (remember the Yahoo Briefcase, godabuzz fans?) and an encrypted, decentralised, anonymous storage system certainly offers possiblities for the illegal sharing of copyright content.
If Sony (or any other big music/software/movie company) felt that MS was stepping on their toes in any way, the central core of the MS project will be an easy legal target, and Sony has resources that make the $12 million (?) from the IPO look like coffee money.
The same problem also arises with law enforcement /police agencies: individual users may well be able to remain relatively anonymous, but the public head of the MS project is always going to be an easy target.

Any MS guys with ideas about this ?
I am currently seen as the public head (not for long if I succeed). We have just spread this across the planet. It is all open, all owned by everyone and will be very difficult to stop. So now there is no public head, no company at the centre, this is decentralisation of the whole system. In terms of being infiltrated etc. if you knew anything at all about me (I am not being cheeky here) then you would know this was impossible for me to allow. If I quit all of a sudden then worry, I never and the code is our there. Many eyes are being trained on this now, many devs are to receive training from us and others to develop the core.

I am not money driven, so a hard target, no amount of cash could buy me off when I can see the face of some child who would be disadvantaged by not doing this. We are single entities us humans and part of a species. It is our individual duty to protect and further the species. If you can remove greed from your person you are already protected beyond belief. If the target becomes more than money, then that's the risk we take. I choose to accept that risk gladly.

My well being is irrelevant to the world when all is taken into account. The opportunity for a free privacy enhancing and secure mechanism of information transfer and protection is way more important than any single person or team. Knowing this, absolutely and with 100% conviction makes you a very difficult adversary for those who would choose to stop freedom. I believe this stance is an easy one for people to follow and adopt, the greed stance is so last century, more of us can count now, more of us are educated and more of us are building project SAFE each day.

I doubt there will be any backdoors, there may be attacks, we seen all the mt gox lies and deceit already spewed about , that only works with weak minds, I do not believe society is made up of weak minds. We can see now our eyes are opening and the path ahead should be clear. Lets take our Internet back for a start, a very small start, but a start never the less. We are taking these steps now, everyone is welcome to join, we can be legions for change and we all know this is an inevitability, no need to wonder. We will take back our freedom and dignity.

Backdoor that :-)

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:39:26 AM

Zerocash (anonymous) and Monero / Bytecoin (true and automatic privacy).

NXT and MaidSafe are not worth investing in. Ethereum is promising.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:52:57 AM

Even if Maidsafe had a perfect IPO then what?  

Here are the issues

- Open Source (in before the clones)
- Nothing proprietary (ignoring the above, the concept isn't proprietary and others are working on doing the samething)
- Niche target demographic (Pedophiles and Tin Foil types who want anonymous internet.  Good luck convincing ordinary people to use this platform).
- Been in development for 8+ years.

Really the IPO was this:  a small very small company which was making almost no profit (probably had liabilities up to the sky) jumped on the digital currency phase and just walked away with $8+ million (some of it embezzled from MtGox).  I'ld say their IPO was a tremendous success if their true intention was to make quick bucks off dumb capital.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Mautje

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

I must say I have been impressed with the talk I heard on http://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/ltb-e103-seek-and-find?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=mshare&utm_medium=email&utm_content=http://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/ltb-e103-seek-and-find
about Maidsafe. He had me convinced of the project until he started talking at around 19:20  about how hungry children could be saved, at which point I thought "Really? why bring that up.. " a bit suspicious.

I was ready to buy some Maidsafecoin trough Mastercoin, but I'm trying to read up on this IPO.
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:20:21 AM

- Niche target demographic (Pedophiles and Tin Foil types who want anonymous internet.  Good luck convincing ordinary people to use this platform).

So, everyone that appreciates his privacy is pedophile or tin foil type according to your logic?
I believe you just crossed off  the whole forum as pedophiles. Well played Smiley
Shivalein

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:31:27 AM

exocoin, qora, emunie ethereum

I am not convinced of emunie anymore. I think this thing will be a flop, if they ever get it out. But I am still watching.

lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:38:22 PM

So if I have to sum it up looks like Ethereum, NXT and MaidSafe are the 3 (potentially) hot things one can invest in 2014 if he wants to be in the position that bitcoin early adopters were in 2009?

Your thoughts?

Nxt is a big one.
Ethereum  is looking to revolutionize decentralised platforms.
eMunie has so very much potential and is doing something very unique and is progressing very fast.
Skycoin definitely the underrated project of the year. Includes a darknet, meshnet and obelisk blockchain. More secure than bitcoin and much much faster.
I also think there will be a wealth transfer from litecoin to peercoin over the next 8 months
Not sure why maidsafe is getting so much attention...

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
Mautje

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:38:02 PM

So if I have to sum it up looks like Ethereum, NXT and MaidSafe are the 3 (potentially) hot things one can invest in 2014 if he wants to be in the position that bitcoin early adopters were in 2009?

Your thoughts?

Nxt is a big one.
eMunie has so very much potential and is doing something very unique and is progressing very fast.
Skycoin definitely the underrated project of the year. Includes a darknet, meshnet and obelisk blockchain. More secure than bitcoin and much much faster.
I also think there will be a wealth transfer from litecoin to peercoin over the next 8 months

Thanks for pointing me to Skycoin, reading up on it and it looks very promising.
Vladimircook

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:15:47 PM

NEM
EXO
NXTL
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:17:32 PM

Your thoughts?

why?
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:33:46 PM

Your thoughts?

Nxt is a big one.

Thanks for pointing me to Skycoin, reading up on it and it looks very promising.

skycoin? really? Buying in a 1% IPO, and devs keep 99%?
Don´t look promising to me.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
ghur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:08:36 PM

On a tangential note, is Dogecoin done?

Too early to tell.

Dogecoin is one of the biggest thing that has happened this year to bring new people into cryptocurrency.
That momentum can still carry them further as their community remains huge.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:51:30 PM

Numus  Roll Eyes
MyPotPlantDied

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:24:54 PM

can someone recommend an ipo that is still ongoing so we can still buy in now?
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 11:50:13 PM

I'm biased but Storj is going to be opening up a crowdsale soon. You can read up on the general platform here. We are also collaborating with MaidSafe, but we are also build cool front end systems.

Best of all no vaporwear! Here is a screenshot of web node that we plan on releasing soon:

We found out some really cool things to do with the blockchain other than currency. I suggest you take a look at our whitepaper but we will be releasing more detailed information soon.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: