Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:17:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy handing over user info to big brother!  (Read 2201 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 09:08:26 PM

the simple rule is, if your not doing a massive crime, reading your data is a waste of government time.

The government determines what a crime is. You might not be worried now because you aren't committing a crime, but by the stroke of a pen you could be.

Second, governments have no problem wasting time and money. That will never impede them. Think of all the time and money wasted on tracking all the phone calls made by people not doing massive crimes.

It is sad that people have to protect themselves from their own governments.

Or when citizens from other countries have to defend themselves from the US. This is terrible. Governments are wasting way too much resources on spying innocent people.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:57:11 PM

i don't usually ever recommend vids.. but this is a must for anyone interested in NSA and spying etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vILAlhwUgIU
'protect an infect part 2'

GogglesPisano

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:19:21 AM

Potential Solution: https://www.cryptex.email/

I haven't used this, but I've heard great things!

This looks great, thanks!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 07:17:21 AM

To this day, I still have major companies that I signed for send my login and password in plain text via email. Each time I send them a kind reminder stating that that's not a good practice, and they reply with "they will pass it on to the appropriate department" (paraphrased).

Meanwhile, we travel about with our smartphones and continue to jackoff in front of our computers sans masking off the camera and turning down the sound so that under aged boys can't be heard, if you're into such a thing, of which I'm not.

Overall, I'm pretty much off their radar unless, that is, desert goats are declared an endangered species, then I'll have to pack up and move to another ranch.
mayday9 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:00:32 AM

i don't usually ever recommend vids.. but this is a must for anyone interested in NSA and spying etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vILAlhwUgIU
'protect an infect part 2'

excellent video. thanks for that
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:56:02 PM

So you're using your private email for cryptsy? You should always have one or two with fake details for these things.

And then you end up with the same problem many people who had money stuck in gox.  They did not use real credentials and gox would not release funds until the users verified info. 
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 11:15:18 PM

So you're using your private email for cryptsy? You should always have one or two with fake details for these things.
And then you end up with the same problem many people who had money stuck in gox.  They did not use real credentials and gox would not release funds until the users verified info. 

This never happened to me, I've used many fake emails. What are you talking about?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: