Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:06:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An example of how NOT to trade  (Read 4552 times)
OCG

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:14:28 PM

This gave me giggles...#11 - #15 had me in stitches... HA

Always buy at the bottom guys...it's like driver's ed.. position, mirrors and then maneuver..

Don't get lead astray by sudden rallies or falling prices, if you have a strategy you'll always win..

oh, and never sell at a loss.. this is crypto!! every day is an opportunity to double-up.

So true  Cheesy
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:58:11 PM

Thing is while your trading it often feels like all those points at once at certain times!
Beef Supreme

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:16:34 PM

That is great.   Cheesy

Where does the MtGox implosion fit in?

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:19:53 PM

That is great.   Cheesy

Where does the MtGox implosion fit in?

MtGox implosion (combine with China meltdown) is #6 through #11.
Now we are in a quiet time, and the next large move is highly likely to be UP.

bokobit79

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 09:10:12 AM

Hahaha! Great chart! Kind of true for bitcoin.  Grin

BTW ... I am doing a lot of serious trading with binary options, mainly currencies, but I still didn't go into bitcoin trading ... I was looking for the info I can find online and I am very happy to find this forum! Since every trading asset - stocks, currencies, commodities, etc .. has its own 'rythm' and chart patterns I wonder what is the story with bitcoin. For me it is still a very unpredictable asset, especially for intraday and high-frequency trading.

Does anyone have any experience with any type of bitcoin trading based on the technical chart analysis? Any advice on this? Or it's best just to keep away?
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:07:49 PM

Hilarious. although not going to lie I fell into this trap once or twice (or four times lol) but once I decided to wake up and start treating the markets like the NYSE and did a bit of watching you can get the feel of it and make better decisions. Just remember that no matter what any government agency says this IS real money as long as we the community support it as such, and it therefore needs to be treated as such when trading.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
socal

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:24:32 PM

BTW ... I am doing a lot of serious trading with binary options, mainly currencies, but I still didn't go into bitcoin trading ... I was looking for the info I can find online and I am very happy to find this forum! Since every trading asset - stocks, currencies, commodities, etc .. has its own 'rythm' and chart patterns I wonder what is the story with bitcoin. For me it is still a very unpredictable asset, especially for intraday and high-frequency trading.

Does anyone have any experience with any type of bitcoin trading based on the technical chart analysis? Any advice on this? Or it's best just to keep away?

Well there is ALOT of fluctuation after the twins pumped a few million into the market thats when BTC really took off but I believe at least until more mainstream brick-and-mortar stores start accepting BTC that $1,300 per BTC was a pretty unsustainable price somewhere in the $400-$600 range seems about right right now but I believe that things are going to continue to stay rocky in the near term while the market reacts to China and the USA's rulings but as long as the exchanges (cause this is where the real issue lies) get Licensed theres nothing stopping long term growth in my opinion. In the interest of full disclosure I am LONG on BTC and LTC but that is just me do your research and make your own decisions but I believe that as long as we the community support BTC everything else will follow.

If enough people can get just ONE major retailer lets say Target for example to accept BTC/LTC watch how fast every other retailer such as Wal*Mart and the like will follow suit because accepting crypto will ggive the first adopters a competitive edge in an increasingly tight market but I can almost guarantee that the big boys will shy away until the shenanigans with the Gov't are done which leads us back to us as the community need to write our Congressmen and Senators (for my fellow Americans that is) and let them know that BTC SHOULD BE CAN BE AND WILL BE UNIVERSALLY USED, each phone call, letter and/or email is weighted to represent about ~2000 registered voters (last time I checked at least, so don't qoute me on that) so even if only 100,000 of us lobby that is a MAJOR voice to be heard by the jokers in charge.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 02:20:03 PM

Well there is ALOT of fluctuation after the twins pumped a few million into the market thats when BTC really took off but I believe at least until more mainstream brick-and-mortar stores start accepting BTC that $1,300 per BTC was a pretty unsustainable price somewhere in the $400-$600 range seems about right right now but I believe that things are going to continue to stay rocky in the near term while the market reacts to China and the USA's rulings but as long as the exchanges (cause this is where the real issue lies) get Licensed theres nothing stopping long term growth in my opinion. In the interest of full disclosure I am LONG on BTC and LTC but that is just me do your research and make your own decisions but I believe that as long as we the community support BTC everything else will follow.

If enough people can get just ONE major retailer lets say Target for example to accept BTC/LTC watch how fast every other retailer such as Wal*Mart and the like will follow suit because accepting crypto will ggive the first adopters a competitive edge in an increasingly tight market but I can almost guarantee that the big boys will shy away until the shenanigans with the Gov't are done which leads us back to us as the community need to write our Congressmen and Senators (for my fellow Americans that is) and let them know that BTC SHOULD BE CAN BE AND WILL BE UNIVERSALLY USED, each phone call, letter and/or email is weighted to represent about ~2000 registered voters (last time I checked at least, so don't qoute me on that) so even if only 100,000 of us lobby that is a MAJOR voice to be heard by the jokers in charge.

You have describe a few ways for the price to go up again but I see many more : more users, positive news about the price in the media, panic buying, banks failures, USD collapse, European debt problem coming back in the news, more trust in Bitcoin and the system ect.

socal

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:32:00 PM

You have describe a few ways for the price to go up again but I see many more : more users, positive news about the price in the media, panic buying, banks failures, USD collapse, European debt problem coming back in the news, more trust in Bitcoin and the system ect.

oh of course I was only trying to outline a simplified layout of the current economic climate as it pertains to bitcoin touching on the major issueswhat with Licensing (or shall I put it maintaining legality?) and how we as the community need to keep pushing on all fronts to expand BTC, as long as these two conditions are met everything else follows

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
SecureErase

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:08:38 PM

Quote from: OCG link=topic=583149.msg6492160#msg6492160 date=1398953668
This gave me giggles...#11 - #15 had me in stitches... HA

Always buy at the bottom guys...it's like driver's ed.. position, mirrors and then maneuver..

Don't get lead astray by sudden rallies or falling prices, if you have a strategy you'll always win..

oh, and never sell at a loss.. this is crypto!! every day is an opportunity to double-up.

LOL . The fear, greed and emotional rollercoaster, that's what drives every market  Grin

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 04:51:43 PM

oh of course I was only trying to outline a simplified layout of the current economic climate as it pertains to bitcoin touching on the major issueswhat with Licensing (or shall I put it maintaining legality?) and how we as the community need to keep pushing on all fronts to expand BTC, as long as these two conditions are met everything else follows

Everything else should follow if nothing bad happens

I am very optimistic as well because the protocol is very innovative and allows us to do a lot of things easier, faster and cheaper

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:57:34 PM

If u can foresee the graph, it is always easy to tell...

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:47:50 AM

Chart patterns are often not that clear and simple.
But it looks so obvious once it's too late.  Smiley

socal

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:18:15 AM

Chart patterns are often not that clear and simple.
But it looks so obvious once it's too late.  Smiley

Amen to that brother lol

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 01:18:10 PM

That chart sums up my first trading experience Cheesy

Moedas :D igitais

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Want to mine coins? BTC, LTC, DOGE.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 03:26:41 PM

so... after .19, is it going to THE MOON ?
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:58:34 PM

I still have to laugh at how simple this is, but people get it wrong, exactly how its said in the chart/picture...
OCG

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:57:04 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Looks like it hahaha  Wink
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:31:10 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Or maybe just go back to 1 Smiley

cutetechie

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:13:40 PM

I can totally relate to that.  Sad
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: