Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:24:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica Helper (userscript)  (Read 4661 times)
M4v3R (OP)

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:43:11 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 11:34:44 PM by M4v3R

I've made a small userscript that enhances my Bitcoinica experience, I thought that I could share it with others. I already covered it in a other topic, but now that I've added more functionality to it, I think it deserves it's own topic.

What it does:

- Adds the "zhoutonging price" (lowest price your position can handle before it gets liquidated) directly to the UI:

- Adds exchange value to your BTC and USD values when you hover your mouse over these:

- Enables all quick pick buttons, regardless of your balance. This is for quick picking a value to partly liquidate your position.

How to get it:

The script currently works in Firefox and Google Chrome.

Download this userscript: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1127246/bitcoinica.user.js (current version: 1.2.2)
- Firefox: When you click on the link, a popup will appear. Wait for "Install" button to activate and click on it. Note: if the popup doesn't appear, it means you don't have Greasemonkey extension installed. You need to install it first to use this script.
- Google Chrome: Drag it onto your browser's window, then accept the installation.
Refresh Bitcoinica tab if necessary.

Happy trading!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 10:53:39 PM

Source looks safe, and those screenshots are great! Thanks for creating this!

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 11:19:56 PM

Any way to get this working on Firefox 3.6.25 ?  =]

EDIT: Download and install https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/ and then right click the link and click "View User Script Source", a bar at the top of the next tab/window should give the option to install it into Greasemonkey Cheesy

EDIT2:  Script installed, but doesn't seem to change the layout on Bitcoinica for me at all :/
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 11:25:49 PM

Is the limit order working as it's supposed to? Right now the sell price on bitcoinica is around 6.60, and if I place a limit order to sell with 0.40 in the add/substract box, I'd expect to see a sell order for 7 USD, but actually it places an order to sell at 6.2...

edit: it works as I'd expect it to if you input a negative value. Useful, but potentially dangerous IMO, since it seems counterintuitive to me. Still, very nice script, thanks!

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 03:56:30 AM

Is the limit order working as it's supposed to? Right now the sell price on bitcoinica is around 6.60, and if I place a limit order to sell with 0.40 in the add/substract box, I'd expect to see a sell order for 7 USD, but actually it places an order to sell at 6.2...

edit: it works as I'd expect it to if you input a negative value. Useful, but potentially dangerous IMO, since it seems counterintuitive to me. Still, very nice script, thanks!

It's intuitive to me. This feature is designed for price protection, so if you enter 0.4, it means you can tolerate max slippage of 0.4. Then you'd sell at 6.2 as limit order.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 05:22:49 AM

any plans to port to firefox?
Change line 14 from:
window.unsafeWindow || (
to:
unsafeWindow.jQuery || (

That appears to work on both browsers, so it should be patched into the main distribution of this.

Eveofwar

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 05:25:40 AM

Change line 14 from:
window.unsafeWindow || (
to:
unsafeWindow.jQuery || (

That appears to work on both browsers, so it should be patched into the main distribution of this.

Thanks for this Maged !

M4v3R  -- Let us know when you make these changes happen; I'll re-check Bitcoinica.
M4v3R (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 06:43:15 AM

It's intuitive to me. This feature is designed for price protection, so if you enter 0.4, it means you can tolerate max slippage of 0.4. Then you'd sell at 6.2 as limit order.

That's exactly what I've meant.

Change line 14 from:
window.unsafeWindow || (
to:
unsafeWindow.jQuery || (

Thanks for this! I've applied the patch to my script and updated the first post.
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 09:54:58 PM

Any reason why this moght not be working?

Im using chrome and just installed, chrome says its enabled but im not getting the changes to bitcoinica.  Huh

Stan?! STAN?!?!
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 10:01:45 PM

Any reason why this moght not be working?

Im using chrome and just installed, chrome says its enabled but im not getting the changes to bitcoinica.  Huh

For whatever reason it works on my MacBook but not on my Hackintosh.  Both are running updated versions of Chrome.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 10:07:55 PM

OK. I guess I think about it differently. I use limit orders to catch price fluctuations, to sell higher than the current price or to buy lower, and stops to trigger sells or buys if the price goes beyond a given point. That's where my confusion came from. Either way, as long as it's clear how it works, it's a good tool.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
M4v3R (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 11:08:04 PM

As I've said, that's my first take on Greasemonkey scripts. I have some issues with function scope, I'll try to deal with them later.
Jessi

Activity: 333

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 04:39:41 AM

As I've said, that's my first take on Greasemonkey scripts. I have some issues with function scope, I'll try to deal with them later.
Does not work for me in actual version of chrome. What´s wrong?

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 04:42:23 AM

Works fine for me in Chrome.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 07:20:00 AM

Doesn't work for me either. Windows 7 64bit chrome 16.xxxxxxxxxx

notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 07:22:33 AM

Correction... a previous version worked... Before I upgraded I just had the min price, but now that's gone too.  Chromium on Linux 64.

M4v3R (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 07:59:08 AM

Ok, I think I've fixed the problem. Everyone please uninstall the extension first and then install it again (link remains unchanged). Should work now.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 08:02:12 AM

Ok, I think I've fixed the problem. Everyone please uninstall the extension first and then install it again (link remains unchanged). Should work now.

Working.  Thanks!

byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 08:40:00 AM

Thanks a lot works now.

Jessi

Activity: 333

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 02:54:07 PM

Yes, now it´s working for me, too! Smiley Thank you for your good work!!

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: